This is my first video I created by recording it on my desktop using Winamp and MilkD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuzzLightYear17
    • Jan 2019

This is my first video I created by recording it on my desktop using Winamp and MilkD

This is my first video I created by recording it on my desktop using Winamp and MilkDrop2 preset file created by Nitorami and geiss. “CGMN geiss + martin - mandelbox explorer - high speed demo version (fire mix) CGMN FLYING HORSE” This is a study how to use 3d models, music, sound files, and visualization to exhibit the results when all mixed together.
    I am still very new to using Winamp and MilkDrop2 and want to further explore the vast possibilities that when these two programs work together the amazing things you can create with them. I have been hooked on this for going on over three and a half months now and I seem not to be able put them aside. I plan on starting on my next project as soon as I post this to share with you all. I also will post my next video when I am done with the project. Thank you all for the information you have posted here in Winamp Forum it has been a huge help to me. I think I have read every single post about MilkDrop2 from all of its authors, users, and fans my eyes are so tried lol. I would be very glad to receive questions and positive critiques from participants here that are part of the Winamp and Milkdrop2 family. This video can be viewed on all media playing devices. Please check out the below link.

• BuzzLightYear17
    • Jan 2019

This is a study how to use 3d models, music, sound files, and visualization to exhibi

This is a study of how to use 3d models, music, sound files, and visualization to exhibit the results when all mixed together. I have several dragons flying around inside of the mandelbox. The visuals work well with the music. This is not a typical milkdrop dump a bunch of presets into a folder and sees what happens.

Comment

• BuzzLightYear17
      • Jan 2019

Please could anyone that has seen my video

Please, could anyone that has seen my video say something about it?

Thank you

Comment

• Victhor
        Late skinner & Moderator
        • May 2003

I like the idea of blending MilkDrop and 3D animation. Here are some tips for the next time you try it (I've never done videos like this but I've produced some at work):
        - Keep it short. No more than 2 or 3 minutes, people's attention is too vague to focus on something for so long, specially if nothing really fancy is happening.
        - Expand color gamma. It's more attractive than a whole video with only 2 colors (yours has orange gamma and black / greys for the dragon). But keep it tight, IMO lysergic colors are too 90's to be effective.
        - Intro must be shorter. Also, putting whole links in a video is moot, use YouTube annotations or link only in description.
        - Try to really blend the preset with the dragons. There are tons of ways, I would start with syncing perspective as much as possible (I. E. If preset is a travel forward, make the dragon come to the front, or show it from the back - like if it's "navigating" the preset. Or if the preset moves right to left, show the dragon from a side flying in the opposite direction).

I could keep on, but I think you get what I mean. Keep it up!
        · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• BuzzLightYear17
          • Jan 2019

Thank you

Hey Victhor,

Thank you for replying back to me. I knew it had flaws just couldn't think it the way you explained it. Very thought full and I do appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,

Buzz

Comment

• Victhor
            Late skinner & Moderator
            • May 2003

Also (forgot to mention), shorter videos will help you as practice, it's not the same to work towards a 10 minutes video (which could take a while to do and to render) than going for small experiments of 2-3 minutes..
            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• BuzzLightYear17
              • Jan 2019

Yup it most definitely way too long lol

For it being my first I just wanted to through everything in it that I thought would be so cool. lol The size of the video was a whopping 1 gig and a half. It took over 5 hours for me to post it on to youtube. I will not ever do that again you can bet! Not unless I become as good as James Cameron creator of "Avatar". Don't I wish........... All of your points are valid and I hope to post again sometime soon.

Buzz

Comment

• FlawlessFinish
                • Apr 2019

Wow, way to long for your first video. At least you learnt along the way.. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X