Old 9th April 2011, 23:35   #1
spursdude

Send a message via AIM to spursdude
Winamp starts playing by itself

I have a Samsung Transform, and ever since I got the update to Android 2.2.2 last week, I've been getting this bug. I'm now using the latest version of Winamp (1.0.3). Winamp will start playing music completely spontaneously. The one way I've been able to reproduce it consistently is by deleting any file using the file manager. But otherwise, it's started in pretty much any setting - just sitting on my desk, while I'm browsing the internet, or while I'm listening to audio with another player. When I go to Winamp, I can see the "forward arrow" Play button, but the countdown timer is going. I press Play once to make it "realize" it's playing, then I can pause it. I tried clearing all the app data for Winamp to no avail. I don't have a task manager automatically killing the app. It happens regardless of the Control headset option, and it happens regardless of whether or not I just quit the app.

Are there any suggestions to fix this? I love Winamp otherwise, but I'm going to have to uninstall it otherwise before it starts blasting music while I'm in a meeting. Thanks.
spursdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 02:38   #2
stopasking
Banned

This happens to me too. It did it today without any interaction from me. It sometimes does it when I open the app, too. I can't use it because of this, it would be bad if that happened in the middle of class.

EDIT: Serendipity 6.3 on my Captivate (it does this on any ROM I run), and version 1.0.3.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 22:07   #3
BarryFruitman

I get the same behavior occassionally, but only right after I start Winamp.

Barry
BarryFruitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 16:45   #4
Accessory Geeks

I've been getting many problems after the FROYO update. It's been hard keeping my cool with this update because there are so many problems such as; forced closed programs, occasional lag/freezing, and I've had this problem where different programs open up when I click something specific.
Accessory Geeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 21:05   #5
ThatManShade

Same behavior here. Just starts playing randomly. I finally uninstalled, there are just too many bugs/short comings. This really should still be a beta. I will probably come back someday.
ThatManShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 11:02   #6
stopasking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatManShade View Post
Same behavior here. Just starts playing randomly. I finally uninstalled, there are just too many bugs/short comings. This really should still be a beta. I will probably come back someday.
It really is disappointing that this app is much more a liability than anything else.

Why are the devs absent? Is there an email I can try? Is it possible for someone else to fix it?
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 15:51   #7
schatham

Send a message via Yahoo to schatham
auto playing

Apparently in the last winamp update, there is a setting that says to let winamp control the headset.

When I checked, it was checked (on). I know I did not make that change, so I presume in the last update it was either a new setting, or was on by default.

Once I unchecked it, it didn't start playing when I plugged in my headset.

Make this change on yours & see if it fixes the problem.....

Although I never do it, apparently it does help to every once in a while to RTFM......
schatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:28   #8
spursdude

Thanks - I tried this. Unfortunately the problems for me aren't related to when I plug in or unplug headphones; it happens at RANDOM times like when I'm deleting a file in the file manager, or just while browsing the web.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:06   #9
Accessory Geeks

It has to be a bug from both app and OS upgrade. Hopefully they fix both ends of the problem soon.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:14   #10
danep

I'm still on Eclaire/2.1, and was just turning on WiFi on the phone and all of a sudden Winamp started playing. That makes me very nervous and is completely unacceptable... like others have said, what if this happens during a meeting, movie, in class, etc... ? After all of the other bugs, this is the last straw, and I'll probably be switching to Google Music unless the devs provide some reassurance that these bugs are actually being addressed...
danep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:31   #11
Accessory Geeks

I tried uninstalling Winamp and I had reinstalled it. It is working fine now. Also my phone is in normal running condition with all the benefits of Froyo added on!
Old 8th June 2011, 22:00   #12
spursdude

Problem is still present in v 1.1. I just triggered it to start playing by deleting any file from my file explorer. I'm uninstalling Winamp again. It's a shame they didn't fix this.
Old 11th June 2011, 09:33   #13
Nerte

Winamp for Android is a joke. It already cause me few embarassing moments and tonight it woke me up at 3:39. WTF?? After 3 hours of doing nothing it just thought "Well I will start to play loudly now"??? Phone was also on silent. Uninstall. This is totally unacceptable. There's nothing else you can do, I always even crash the app with Advanced Task Killer, but it will re-open in background somehow.

It's so sad they're not fixing this problem because many people are complaining and otherwise it would be best player for Android. I can't find something similar, with easy changing playlists and track ordering etc...
Nerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 01:22   #14
danep

Just had this happen to me as well- Winamp randomly started playing while my Samsung Charge was just sitting on a table (where it had been sitting, untouched, for several hours). Totally, completely, and utterly unacceptable.
danep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 03:48   #15
soundguy95

Same problem

Same problem here, but a little different. Winamp starts playing music whenever I unplug something from the headphone jack, or when someone calls and I don't answer (the latter happened during a class a few weeks ago WITH THE PHONE ON SILENT - very embarrassing). All of this will happen even if I never start Winamp. That is, I can shut the phone down, start it up again, never start Winamp, and it will still do it. Nothing shows up in any task manager, but it still happens.

This is obviously unacceptable. I love Winamp - particularly the wireless sync feature - but I had to uninstall it because I can't have the stupid thing go off all the time (e.g., when I'm lecturing). It's incredibly annoying. I will be keeping it off my phone until this bug is fixed.

Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S / AT&T) with Froyo. Stock ROM. Not rooted.
soundguy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 00:57   #16
soullesssoldier

This issue seems to be isolated to Samsung users. Possibly related to the internal memory storage that Samsung uses?
soullesssoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 07:51   #17
Flymorgan

I'm late?

Ok,well . I'm here here and I have a lot to learn.
Flymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android