Old 19th August 2002, 19:50   #121
banned_aid

Send a message via ICQ to banned_aid
Talking

Hehe yep found out how stupid i really am later when i asked a vc buff friend of mine for some help...

by the way, i had a problem with ur plugin, winamp wouldnt start anymore... reinstalled winamp and the plugins and install windows xp SP 1 and now it's running perfect... also, i'm not using a dsp called rocksteady anymore... might be part of the reason. neway thanx for this gr8 software bud.
Old 20th August 2002, 09:21   #122
banned_aid

so uhm are you continuing dev on wa2mgr?
Old 20th August 2002, 11:40   #123
taezou

hm... no input plugins work for me with this. and i don't see any place to configure them? maybe i'm doing something wrong?
on the features list in the readme, it says:
- Lists Winamp 2x Plugins Found

i got no such list, either.
Old 20th August 2002, 11:51   #124
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
From the components' home page:

Supported Plugin Types
*General Plugins (gen*.dll)
*DSP Plugins (dsp*.dll)
*External Program Control

--
The Winnamp 2.x Plugin Manager doesn't support input plug-ins.
Old 20th August 2002, 11:59   #125
taezou

oh, sorry. i could have sworn i read somewhere that it did... i guess i just read wrong.
Old 20th August 2002, 13:53   #126
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
Supposedly Peter will have his input plugin support component updated for Winamp3 Final at some point... but I haven't heard about that in a while.

As far as development on Plugin Manager goes, yes its still being developed on. But its not like I'll have new releases every week. This is done in my spare time which I find less and less of lately.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 21st August 2002, 03:50   #127
nemoid

Send a message via ICQ to nemoid Send a message via AIM to nemoid
great work! been waiting for this awhile and does exactly what i want it to do.. thanks bro good job
Old 21st August 2002, 06:15   #128
banned_aid

hey i'm in no hurry for a new release, since disabling that rocksteady plugin and installing sp1 for xp i haven't had a single crash... the only features i'm missing are toggle_random, toggle_repeat. but as you have already mentioned, these aren't documented, i used a delphi app to scan codes until i found codes for them... the other features i'm missing are missing from winamp and not your control.

as for the time, seems that it is a global problem because i don't have much spare time either...
Old 21st August 2002, 13:01   #129
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by banned_aid
hey i'm in no hurry for a new release, since disabling that rocksteady plugin and installing sp1 for xp i haven't had a single crash... the only features i'm missing are toggle_random, toggle_repeat. but as you have already mentioned, these aren't documented, i used a delphi app to scan codes until i found codes for them... the other features i'm missing are missing from winamp and not your control.
Although there is no Toggle Random or Repeat, the main player does support the commands for Get Shuffle/Repeat and Set Shuffle/Repeat. So you could do a get shuffle, then send the opposite value to Set Shuffle.

I wrote a down and dirty VB test app to test Plugin Manager... here is a snippit of code demonstrating toggling shuffle:
code:

Dim nShuffle As Long
nShuffle = SendMessage(hwndWinamp, WM_USER, 0, 250)
If nShuffle = 0 Then
SendMessage hwndWinamp, WM_USER, 1, 252
Else
SendMessage hwndWinamp, WM_USER, 0, 252
End If

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Winamp 3 Projects | Winamp 2x Plugin Manager | Explorer Playlist | FileSystem Object | Shoutcast List | Sashimi
Old 23rd August 2002, 06:40   #130
banned_aid

Hmmm will have to go check my delphi code, don't know if the delphi window handling methods support that many parameters. In the past we sent the only the one code and this would simply toggle random or repeat.

neway will go and try it this weekend

thx bud
Old 23rd August 2002, 10:41   #131
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

schweitn..... with your plug....

open the main and playlist editor only
have them both in winshade mode

play something....

now take the focus away from winamp(click on another program)

does it crash for you?

it only seems to do this with your plug installed

I just want to confirm that other people get the problem i'm having
ask if you want a clearer explanation or more information...

cheers.... no virii from me mate
Old 23rd August 2002, 12:54   #132
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Plugin Manager never crashes for me - I would never have released it if it did. However I know it does for other people under various circumstances. I just can't repeat them (including the one you mentioned).

I may have that particular bug fixed however... but without the ability to repeat the bug, I can't test to see if its fixed.

Anyway, you'll just have to wait til my next release.

- Albert Einstein

Old 24th August 2002, 03:33   #133
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

Quote:
Originally posted by schweitn
Plugin Manager never crashes for me - I would never have released it if it did. However I know it does for other people under various circumstances. I just can't repeat them (including the one you mentioned).

I may have that particular bug fixed however... but without the ability to repeat the bug, I can't test to see if its fixed.

Anyway, you'll just have to wait til my next release.
thanks....
but how odd that it only happens in winshade
Old 27th August 2002, 08:10   #134
Trekkan

Ohh God no... don't stop coding this... please...

Take a breather, relax and come back to it later. I've written some fairly extensive VB apps for running my shoutcast station and all of them rely on the API. WA3 is completly unusable to me, I'd even offer you money however you said you have a high paying job. I don't, so my small amount of money I could give you wouldn't count for much.

Keep in mind for every idiot out there, there are those of us that really do appriciate and understand what it takes to do this. Keep it up and thanks for everything.

Trek
Old 27th August 2002, 20:40   #135
mark e
Major Dude

Angry damn... prob.

hi people!
it's me... S***!

Ok, to the topic now:
I have a problem...
every time when I move something (not wa3, my comp. or smthng) my wa3 crashes!
and it's all wa2mgr (?!) fault!
When I've deleted it... my wa3 goes back to normal working, no crashes anymore!
it show's me a kernel32 or something error!
ok, I hope you have understand my english...

-m
Old 28th August 2002, 07:09   #136
banned_aid

Hehe well I'm testing wa2mgr again this afternoon... did some software updates on my pc yesterday and suddenly a lot of software that didn't work in the past suddenly started performing... hope this works... schweitn, u'll have to create your own distro of windows...
Old 29th August 2002, 06:17   #137
banned_aid

Hmmm didn't seem to help... winamp3 doesn't want to run anymore when wa2mgr is installed. It's back to winamp2 for a while, that is until the next release of wa2mgr :-)

I wanted to start playing with coding wacs myself now but exams are little more than a week away for me so learning this stuff would be fun but would have a tragic effect on my marks... maybe during the break after the exams :-)
Old 31st August 2002, 01:09   #138
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Version 1.1 - 8/30/2002
-----------------------

- Fixed Bug: ** Winamp Crashes on Exit
- Fixed Bug: ** Winamp Crashes on Startup
- Fixed Bug: ** Winamp Crashes when focus moves away
- Fixed Bug: GET_OUTPUT_TIME was returning ms instead of sec
- Fixed Bug: Not all Plugin Windows Displayed/Refreshed Properly.
This is fixed for many but not all plugins.
- Added Uninstaller

** I was never able to reproduce these bugs. I believe I have taken action to correct them. However, since I was never able to reproduce them in the first place, I don't know if they are full fixed.

Known Issues
------------

- All Commands Not Yet Fully Supported
- No Messages are Sent back to the WA2 Plugin when things happen.
- That means that NOT ALL PLUGINS WILL WORK COMPLETELY! I DO NOT support individual plugins my request. If a plugin you have doesn't work properly, you'll have to wait until I implement more of the old API to see if it will work.
- Shoutcast DSP window works correctly the first time you load it. However, if you deselect it, and then select it again, the window won't refresh properly. The only current workaround is to restart Winamp3.

http://members.telocity.com/~schweitn/wa3/wa2mgr

Enjoy (And please give me at least one complaint-free day )

- Albert Einstein

Old 31st August 2002, 01:41   #139
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
works great. still has problems with muchfx though, probably due to
dsp stacking, finally enhancer on wa3!
Old 3rd September 2002, 15:29   #140
Manuel Reimer

Wink Works with WinXP but not with Win98

I have two Operation-Systems on my Computer. Windows98 2nd and Windows XP. Your plugin works with Windows XP but crashes or works very buggy with Windows 98. Would be great if you could fix that.

Thanks

Manuel
Old 3rd September 2002, 15:37   #141
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
He isn't going to look into this unless you'll take the time and try to further explain your problem with this component when used on Windows 98...
Old 13th September 2002, 15:59   #142
Manuel Reimer

Really great stuff for Visual Basic Developers

At first I want to tell you that the bug with Win98 is fixed in the latest version of your plugin. Your plugin is really what VB-Developers need. Now it's possible to control Winamp from a VB-Application and also to create plugins with Visual Basic. The only thing needed is the Gen-Wrapper which can be found in the NSDN. With this Wrapper the WA2MGR gets a VBMGR, too. (YES, the new Version vo WA2MGR works with VB-Plugins!!!!) Please continue this great work. Continue with adding support for SendMessage (So far it's impossible to get the Filename of currently playing Track which would be nice). At last it would be interesting (especially for VB-Programmers and those people who need your plugin to control Winamp from their Application) if you would add Messages that weren't included in Winamp2.x. One interesting Message would be a Message which sets the state of Crossfading or returns the current state of Crossfading. A Message which returns the Volume set in Winamp would be great, too.

Much thanks for making so much things possible.

Manuel Reimer
Old 13th September 2002, 16:11   #143
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Glad you like...

Remember that some SendMessage functionality can only be used in Plugins not external apps, this is due to the fact that some of them modify char*'s... which are dependent on the address space you're in.

Also - no I won't add any commands that weren't supported by Winamp 2. This is purely for compatability with existing plugins.

Thanks for your interest.

- Albert Einstein

Old 15th September 2002, 00:57   #144
kiilu
Major Dude

is this the same one on deskmod?
Old 15th September 2002, 01:46   #145
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by kiilu
is this the same one on deskmod?
Yes it is.

- Albert Einstein

Old 3rd October 2002, 15:17   #146
Bedeox

Sorry, but I wrote earlier about incorrect plugin,
i thought about peter's wa2input not wa2mgr.
Old 6th October 2002, 08:15   #147
Bedeox

There is a problem with WA2Mgr and iZotope Ozone
DSP Plugin (Winamp 2 version).

After crossfading (builtin crossfader) to the next track
Ozone's window doesn't refresh properly.
Old 6th October 2002, 22:11   #148
[-JMH-]

you all got problems with getting the title?! i have no problem with it in VB i got it right! but kbps and channels and khz arent right.
i recieve unnormal values which are far away from calclutae them to the right or beeing the right!

would be great to fix this =) but take your time!
Old 7th October 2002, 02:22   #149
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
i think part of the reason why the WA2PM may be returning the wrong vales for bit-rates is the fact that the WA3-B488 SDK had a bunch of problems with this itself. my friend and i discovered that there was issues with it when he was working on his History Component. if i remember correclty tho, this was something that was fixed in WA3-B489, altho it isnt available.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 7th October 2002, 13:10   #150
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkain
i think part of the reason why the WA2PM may be returning the wrong vales for bit-rates is the fact that the WA3-B488 SDK had a bunch of problems with this itself. my friend and i discovered that there was issues with it when he was working on his History Component. if i remember correclty tho, this was something that was fixed in WA3-B489, altho it isnt available.
I haven't verified that its fixed in 489, but yeah - I had lots of issues with it in the SDK. In fact at one point I was so desperate that I parsed the display string that said 44khz mono yada yada to get those values.

- Albert Einstein

Old 7th October 2002, 14:48   #151
[-JMH-]

hmm i really dont understand all what u said so can u tell me wahts getting on?!
so pls tell me if there is a way to get those values... or to calculate them! thanx
Old 7th October 2002, 15:50   #152
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Quote:
Originally posted by schweitn

I haven't verified that its fixed in 489, but yeah - I had lots of issues with it in the SDK. In fact at one point I was so desperate that I parsed the display string that said 44khz mono yada yada to get those values.

have you tried working with the 489 SDK yet?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 7th October 2002, 16:08   #153
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

At this point there is no way to get those values.

Darkain - Yes I have been using the 489 SDK. I just haven't tested to see what got fixed.

- Albert Einstein

Old 14th October 2002, 04:01   #154
rlevis

Windows Class name

Hi schweitn

I just put a request on the Winamp3 Wishlist for support of the /CLASS= switch, but I thought I would check with you if there is another way to change the default class name in Winamp3.

I want to be able to control 2 Winamp3's (installed in separate folders) which are using different soundcards, using my external EXE. I do this currently in Winamp2.

Any thoughts?
Old 14th October 2002, 06:08   #155
Trekkan

Ouch, that's something else I didn't know about WA3... I'd have the same problem. Even this plugin couldn't fix the problems if I did goto WA3...
Old 14th October 2002, 13:14   #156
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Re: Windows Class name

Quote:
Originally posted by rlevis
Hi schweitn

I just put a request on the Winamp3 Wishlist for support of the /CLASS= switch, but I thought I would check with you if there is another way to change the default class name in Winamp3.

I want to be able to control 2 Winamp3's (installed in separate folders) which are using different soundcards, using my external EXE. I do this currently in Winamp2.

Any thoughts?
1. No you can't change the class names
2. If you run multiple instances of Winamp3, then you will also get multiple Winamp 2x proxy windows through plugin manager. So you should be able to use EnumWindows() to enumerate all top level windows. You pass it a callback function, and your call back will be called once for each window being passed in the HWND for that window. You just have to check the class name of the HWND to see if its a winamp 1.x window. You should be able to find each of them this way and do with them as you please.

- Albert Einstein

Old 14th October 2002, 21:08   #157
rlevis

That sounds like a bit more work! Why don't you just provide an option to specify the class name?

Alternatively, do you have any objection to me hacking WA2Mgr.wac and changing the "Winamp v1.x" string to something else. I think this will work!
Old 14th October 2002, 21:31   #158
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by rlevis
That sounds like a bit more work! Why don't you just provide an option to specify the class name?

Alternatively, do you have any objection to me hacking WA2Mgr.wac and changing the "Winamp v1.x" string to something else. I think this will work!
Yes its more work, but its the proper way of doing it. This way your solution should be compatable with both 2x and 3x, and possibly with a single instance of 2x and single instance of 3x running at the same time!

And yes, I do object to any hacking of the wac in any shape or form. It is a copyrighted work which includes both the code and executable.

Using EnumWindows shouldn't take more then 10 lines of code to implement.

- Albert Einstein

Old 14th October 2002, 21:50   #159
rlevis

Actually I think none of the above will work. I believe a problem will arise when I use /ADD to enqueue songs without a class switch on the command line. As far as I know, there is no way of adding tracks to the playlist using windows messages.

As I mentioned on the Winamp3 Wishlist forum. I will likely have to forget about Winamp3 support until Winamp2 is long gone and I can switch to RM-X. The author is planning on supporting multiple instances.

Ross.
Old 14th October 2002, 22:07   #160
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

You're right, there is no way for an EXTERNAL program to add songs to the playlist through windows messages.

Also, you have to recognize that the classname switch would not be passed on to any plugins. To my knowledge, there is no way for a Winamp 3x component to make use of command line switches.

Plugin Manager does support multiple instances, but they have the same class name, so as I stated above, you have to use the EnumWindow technique.

- Albert Einstein

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Wasabi Development