Old 13th January 2009, 01:02   #1
a playlister

repair broken playlists - a program which fix it

I've found an excellent little app which can repair playlists after the file has been moved or the directoryname has been changed. I've been looking for this for a long time, and I guess there are others who can benefit from this too.

It's not a plugin though, but a standalone program.
The name of this program is listfix(), get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/listfix/

If you have your playlists inside winamp, they are stored like .m3u8-files in the winamp\plugins\ml\ directory under names as plf613d and similar. You can open them with this program and it will fix the broken links to the songs.

tip: under options, set the m3u directory to winamp\plugins\ml\ (or wherever you have your m3u-playlists).
Also set the program to autolocate the missing files
a playlister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 14:57   #2
ThunderLizard900

Fix your playlists

ListFix is GENIUS. Saves a lot of work, and is very thorough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a playlister View Post
I've found an excellent little app which can repair playlists after the file has been moved or the directoryname has been changed. I've been looking for this for a long time, and I guess there are others who can benefit from this too.

It's not a plugin though, but a standalone program.
The name of this program is listfix(), get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/listfix/

If you have your playlists inside winamp, they are stored like .m3u8-files in the winamp\plugins\ml\ directory under names as plf613d and similar. You can open them with this program and it will fix the broken links to the songs.

tip: under options, set the m3u directory to winamp\plugins\ml\ (or wherever you have your m3u-playlists).
Also set the program to autolocate the missing files
ThunderLizard900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 10:55   #3
Veteran Winamp

The plf filing system has always been cancer. Lazy coding means less users.
Veteran Winamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 08:36   #4
mookee

jeah, listFix ist the shit. its java based and even works on a mac... but you have to use it inside windowsOS , otherwise it wont work for winamp cause of the different order structure between the two os#s

but a realy cool prog anyway!!
mookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support