Old 14th May 2010, 13:29   #1
Skybolt123

How to save tag info to file

I have "auto-tagged" all of my mp3 info in winamp but was surprised to find that the actual files had not been updated eg some tracks had numbers only, no names. After auto-tagging all had names, but when looking at the actual files there were still only track numbers.

My question is: can I get Winamp to update the actual mp3 files with track names etc?
(I have searched these forums extensively but have not found the answer)

I note that when I close Winamp and open iTunes the "new" tag and track data is not there either - I would obviously like to use the data which Winamp has managed to find in other applications - including iTunes

Your help most appreciated
Skybolt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:29   #2
siebe83
Forum King

As far as I know, ml_org is still the only way to get this done, but be sure to read the thread first (and make a backup of your files). Also not 100% sure it still works with recent Winamp versions.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=271466

With respect to iTunes not reading the updated tags, I have no idea, not familiar with iTunes...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 17:44   #3
Skybolt123

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info....much apreciated
Skybolt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 00:38   #4
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
winamp has not implemented a auto file tagger yet (where you tell it to update the id3 tag and the file name tag)
i believe mp3tag does this (not completely familiar with program even though i use it)
itunes does the filename only when it is controlling the library files along with realplayer(i believe)

the one way i update the file name tags is to send to format converter since im changing the file bitrate to begin with(192 to 128vbr) after i enter all the data in the id3 tag field as i get the files i have (note would take a long time if you have over 1000 files)

hope this gives you some info

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
save tags, tags