Old 5th August 2013, 19:46   #1
siavash119

Scan and store more information in library database

In media library track view, I want to have a DATE column instead of YEAR column. The DATE tag isn't currently scanned and stored in the media library database (it just gets read when you view file info) making it difficult to just add a custom column. But we really should have the option to scan for and store different tags when importing media into the library.

I saw some other threads asking for different columns in views to customize, but I think the main problem is the actual database. There aren't placeholders for blank tags, so I don't think the library would totally break if we added some new tags.

P.S.
The best would be to merge DATE and YEAR into one viewing column preferring DATE if both are present.
siavash119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 17:21   #2
DrO

merging is not an option as too much stuff expects year to be just that.

the library 'fields' are generally based on what's common between ID3v1 and ID3v2.x and what ever has been determined as useful for Winamp / general needs. that is why 'date' is not stored by default or available alternatively as an alternative field.

and where it's showing it in the alt+3 dialogs, etc, that's probably a bug as it doesn't conform to what's expected (where it should just by the year component) with the usage of %year% in the ATF support.

so something probably needs to be done about it all, but this is low on the list of things to consider (other than being added to the tracking list) and if anything, ensuring %year% just shows a year would be the better thing for things at the moment with the option of %date% maybe coming later on (though that is heavily dependent upon the tag format on the file(s) even supporting it to begin with).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 08:02   #3
siavash119

Thanks for the reply DrO. I should have specified these are tags on FLAC files (vorbis tags?), but yeah. A hope for a future feature to specify/add new tags for the database so we can make new columns in the smart views. Thanks again.
siavash119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
columns, custom, library, tags, view