Old 21st December 2017, 17:12   #1
schnebi

impressions and allocations went down by 80%

about 3 days ago my impressions and even my allocations went down by about 80%. I still have the same amount of listeners as before, but they seem to generate a lo less impressions and allocations.

Am I the only one or dos anybody else have this issue?
schnebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2017, 22:06   #2
keijo

Just my opinion, here. It's not an 'issue' per se, more of a "redistribution" of existing ads towards available slots where they can go.

Suppose this scenario: I, mini-TargetSpot, have 10 different advertisers in the United States, with an allotment of 5,000 impressions/day through mini-Radionomy. In the past there were 2,000 radios with nearly 100,000 slots to distribute these daily ads; now there are more than 25,000 with audiences probably reaching 20x what I had. The audio ads can't cope with these many distribution spots, hence all old-timers will see a substantial decrease in allocations, which is fine in the perspective that ad-bucks are not as reliable as the stream content.

I'm pretty sure in the near future we'll see some more changes in pricing, CPM, and ToS because of the new broadcasters big influx and an even bigger audience. The bottomline is that you don't get allocations 'discarded', so you'll keep a perfect 100% in distribution. Focus profit in what matters most: delivering quality content to your niche and promoting your radio locally.

Stay tuned!
keijo.-

I'm a regular forum user and have no ties to SHOUTCast/Radionomy in any way.
My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, you're welcome to try at your own risk.
KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2017, 00:30   #3
schnebi

But shouldnt my allocations stay the same and just my impressions should go down? Because I am still offering the same amount of ad placements??
schnebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 06:48   #4
keijo

It has to do with the amount of 'available' ads in the pool, not the 'available' slots in your end, and it's up to Radionomy/TargetSpot algos (algorythms) to determine which slots get filled with ads. What I've seen in my end is that the 2-minute adspace gets 1 ad and 90 seconds of 'background ad music' from their end.

I'm a regular forum user and have no ties to SHOUTCast/Radionomy in any way.
My posts/replies are my own so any advice I can give, you're welcome to try at your own risk.
KDPST - Keijo Grooving Moods -- (Where Music Is Your Mood) --
http://listen.shoutcast.com/kdpst-keijogroovingmoods
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization