sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 11:49   #2
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Yep, they does.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 00:15   #3
sgtfuzzbubble011

The good news is... I took all my junk to the tax office (which just so happens to be less than a mile away), and they did my UT state taxes for me on the spot. For free. I get a WHOPPING $12 back from Utah for 2008. lol

Ok, so I managed to file my federal taxes online last night for free with TurboTax's website. Keeping in mind that I've had the maximum tax withheld from each and every paycheck since the day I started working... How the hell is it possible for me to OWE the federal government $4? I should be getting money back! These people haven't been assassinated yet?
Old 5th February 2009, 04:29   #4
sgtfuzzbubble011

TurboTax said that I should get $134 back from my MS state taxes. I just printed out the forms and did my MS taxes the old-fashioned way, and I'll be getting $163 back. TurboTax is trying to rip me off. >:[
Old 5th February 2009, 05:49   #5
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I paid something like $120 to have my taxes done this year. Before fees and stuff I got $632 back. After fees and stuff was $512.

H&R Block is where I went. Did the same thing last year as well. Since I have no real need for the tax return money I figure "what the heck". I just spend it all anyways.

Tax return money is just for a once a year shopping spree.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:39   #6
BigToasty

Taxes Suck - SO True

Yes, taxes suck a big fat one. With all of the unemployment and bailout money it'll be interesting to see how we'll file.

With that said, my employer still has not sent my W2. I want to kill them already. UGH.
BigToasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 02:44   #7
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
H&R Block is where I went.
I did that two years ago. Ended up spending close to the same amount you did. $120 for something I can do or have done for free... They can bite me.
Old 7th February 2009, 06:20   #8
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
I went to TaxACT.com. It only cost me $16.95 for both state and federal and I got my total return of $977.00 back in just nine days.

Of that, $600.00 went into my California fund, $329.96 went to pay off my credit card, and with the change I helped pay my vehicle registration of $98.00. No spending sprees for me, but in related news my car insurance dropped $58.80!

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 06:34   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

Chips and pie?
Old 7th February 2009, 16:47   #10
fc*uk

Sarge, it could be worse. Lately, I have had to have $50 taken out of every check that I get to give to the federal government so that I don't owe them money come tax time. Like you, I also have the maximum withheld, and then add $50 on top of that.

A few years ago (and also the same year I decided to give the Fed Gov more cash)I decided that I was tired of paying H and R Block to do my taxes. First time around, it came back that I owed the Federal Government $5,500. So, I did it again, and I owed something like $4,300. I thought there was no way in hell that could be right, so I went back to H and R Block. They confirmed that I had done it correctly after about a half hour as the agent got that I owed about $4,300 as well ... and the reason for that was becuase I made too much money, which kicked me into several tax brackets higher, etc ... etc.

That's where the fun began. The agent then proceeded to ask me all these seemingly random questions. About 15 minutes later the dude said he could qualify me for about $2,000 in tax credits/breaks ...

Long story short, by the time I walked out the door I only owed the government a little over $2,000. Spending the $120 to reduce what I owed to the government from $4,300 to $2,000 was more than worth it.

Those people simply know things that I don't. Most of the tricks that they know, they only know because they are accountants and know/have time to read the tax codes every year.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 18:54   #11
sgtfuzzbubble011

Yeah, and that's BS. People shouldn't be penalized so harshly for making more money. It's as if the government is encouraging people to work less and take lower-paying jobs.
Old 8th February 2009, 20:22   #12
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
People shouldn't be penalized so harshly for making more money. It's as if the government is encouraging people to work less and take lower-paying jobs.
Too true. It's all part of the disappearing middle class. I somehow made more and got the daylights taxed out of me until I was put right back into "my place".
Old 8th February 2009, 21:54   #13
sgtfuzzbubble011

This is exactly why more and more people are working "under the table" for their money. You can only push people so far before they break. I have a feeling that the people are going to break in the not-so-distant future, and it's not going to be pretty.
Old 10th February 2009, 02:57   #14
sgtfuzzbubble011

Finally got my MS tax return off in the mail this evening. I wish they'd have made a spot on the form for direct deposit info. Now I'll have to wait weeks for them to mail a check to me (well, mail it back home to my dad).
Old 13th February 2009, 23:45   #15
fc*uk

Doing mine tomorrow. Hopefully I will see something in my favor...
Old 24th February 2009, 21:22   #16
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Heh, I'm well into the lowest tax bracket in my country so I've got it pretty easy, but I do mine online. Including rebates, all the infos there in plain english. Personally I'd welcome some complexity, because it would mean a quadrupling of my wage .
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 02:05   #17
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Talking to a guy at work who makes the same wage as I do, works the same hours per week. Difference is he has three young kids. He has no money withheld at all during the year, and is planning to buy a computer for his wife, an engine for his car, and a plasma tv set with his "refund."

Wife and I both work. We'll get maybe $200 back.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 04:51   #18
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Fucken tax back for families bullshitshit, if you want kids make sure you can afford em. Fuck theres enough of them around, don't encorage the bastards.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:23   #19
rockouthippie
Banned

I always thought they should tax you FOR kids, not give you a break
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 15:20   #20
sgtfuzzbubble011

Agreed.
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:19   #21
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I rarely agree with anything political in nature when it comes to RoH's posts, but really, there are too many people having kids when they have absolutely no business reproducing. I don't mind money going to schools and such, because it's not the kid's fault that he/she was born, but to give a slut who couldn't keep her legs closed prize money for getting knocked up is ridiculous.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:59   #22
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Now to that end, I have no problem with that same money going to free contraception to stop the unwanted in the first place. And of course catholics should just be outlawed. (I just realized that could soo easily be pronounced cat-holics. Like, people obsessed with cats. weird. "Hi I'm catholic, I'm obsessed with cats")
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:13   #23
rockouthippie
Banned

This is a real problem. We need the work force for the future, so on the surface it would seem like it's a great idea to have kids. The problem is that we are too many kids that are "useless eaters".

Excepting illegal aliens, most of the Catholics I ever knew paid their own bills.... kids or not...
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:31   #24
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
This is a real problem. We need the work force for the future, so on the surface it would seem like it's a great idea to have kids. The problem is that we are too many kids that are "useless eaters".

Excepting illegal aliens, most of the Catholics I ever knew paid their own bills.... kids or not...
Hmm.. too complex an issue for something I don't care about. As for the catholics, I apologize for my bigotry. I still find cat-holic funny, however.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist