Old 18th March 2001, 04:34   #1
Antony

Send a message via ICQ to Antony
I have a friend who is a diehard Winamp fan, but refuses to upgrade to any of the newer versions since Winamp returned to its "free" status due to the fact they no longer keep track of usage statistics.

How difficult would it be to re-implement this feature as previously found in the About box in Winamp (eg. v2.10) - it was under the "Shareware" tab of the About dialog? These statistics are always interesting, and while I have been faithful in keeping up to date with the latest WinAmp releases, I wouldn't mind seeing the return of this 'feature' myself.

For those who might see it as a privacy concern on gathering unsolicited data, perhaps it could be set as an option somewhere? I'm sure this would take all of 10 minutes to re-implement...

Antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2001, 00:37   #2
JasonDoucette

Send a message via ICQ to JasonDoucette
I had an idea somewhat related to this, even though I am not familiar with what those stats actually showed.

Wouldn't it be neat to let winamp play on shuffle, and play the songs that you most often listen to? So that if your playlist is filled with junk that a buddy downloaded on your computer that you don't listen to that often (which are HARD TO REMOVE since winamp has no 'delete file from disk' option), you can still listen to your stuff, and not all the crap that other people download on your computer.

What do you guys think?
JasonDoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2001, 03:47   #3
Antony

Send a message via ICQ to Antony
That's also a rather good idea.

These statistics were basically just "Winamp has played XXXX minutes of music in XXX days".. or was it "XXXX songs in XXX days". Something to that effect -- very basic, and not something that would be hard to reimplement!
Antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2001, 18:07   #4
EAK125

Send a message via AIM to EAK125 Send a message via Yahoo to EAK125
WA3 has something like that in the component database. It will tell you when you last played a specific song. Not quite the same but it will tell you what you have played lately or havn't listened to in a while! While scrolling through the songs i havn't played i ran across some favs i forgot about!

...Do not forget to mention, when the time and
Place are appropriate, that I am an Ass.
---Much Ado About Nothing - Act 5 Scene 1
EAK125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2001, 10:37   #5
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

If you're interested in Winamp usage statistics, go to http://www.freedrive.com
Login: winampuser
Password: llama

Then go to the Statistics plug-ins folder. I've uploaded two plug-ins that give you info about Winamp usage.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist