Old 5th April 2018, 21:41   #1
RaveRocks

New Music Video Upload with Milkdrop Presets

I thought it only appropriate that I give Milkdrop artists the first look at my lastest You-Tube offering. I'd appreciate your feedback & a confirmation that the pre-set titles used in the video are correctly identified.

The video is not yet Public and only available via the link in this message.

https://youtu.be/Dls5Z-IcObE Enigma -Sadeness
RaveRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 22:11   #2
RaveRocks

Pics from the Credits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-error262.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	53775   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-error781.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	498.5 KB
ID:	53776   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-error689.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	53777  
Old 6th April 2018, 22:30   #3
Nitorami
Major Dude

Professional. Weird. Interesting. I had no idea of the content of this song.

Technically, I don't know if the presets have been identified correctly, as you do a lot of overlaying etc. Does not matter to me, I'm rather puzzled about the message you try to bring across...
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 23:49   #4
RaveRocks

The message? Lust is the religious codeword referencing a pre-programmed reproductive body function common to all mammals, that the church has made an attempt to own all throughout history. Copious quantities of guilt & shame parade beside Lust, mostly aimed at human males, in an attempt to curb a natural instinct for multiple partners shared by all other male mammals on earth and a method to sell the concept of monogamy and marriage. de Sade's writing questioned the church's authority over the bedroom and instinctive urges woven into the fabric of life itself. He suffered the consequences of his forward thinking, spending the better part of his adult life in prison or insane asylums.
Old 7th April 2018, 08:25   #5
Nitorami
Major Dude

That much is clear, and we have a lot of literature on the subject. Drewermann springs to mind, he published his intimate knowledge of that history - and was of course excommunicated - Heinsohn and Steiger claimed that the witch hunts were orginally started to systematically eradicate the knowledge about birth control. The attempt to canalize the instincts into some form of controllled behaviour serves to produce mankind as basis of their power, and is probably a constituent of every successful world religion. Planting the belief into the own children's minds has proven to be a slow but very successful way to spread the word, increasing the number of followers, building the basis for the own power. That is why all religions have such a vital interest in the most intimate instincts, and try to intercept however possible. Putting it sarcastically, the concept of religion has simply been a successful trick of evolution to produce more mankind.
Back to your video, I was just a bit irritated by the rather long credits part which made me think if that was a milkdrop advertising video after all. But I appreciate that you give it that much credits.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2018, 11:35   #6
RaveRocks

The real enjoyment I receive from making the occasional video is the research that becomes part of the project. I picked Enigma for a video because the CD was an important part of my life, but I was completely unaware of the dialogue hidden from me, arguably by my ignorance of Latin and my flimsy grasp of French. Once the court room questions became clear, it wasn't difficult to find an evening's worth of articles on de Sade's fall from grace in the years before the French Revolution and the rigged evidence the church used to put him away. Much of his writing was done in prison & asylums and a huge amount of his writing was destroyed by his son upon de Sade's death.

You touched on another of my favorite topics: Indoctrination. No matter where we are born in the world, we adopt the belief system of our ancestors. It's how we made it from tribe to village to country. It's amazing to see much of this tradition is changing thanks to the Internet.

The Credits? Long you say. That's nothing. The credits for my Madonna Holiday video were longer than the music video & it included a Half-time show and comedy sound track. And after all, I've used Milkdrop presets in many of my past videos and it was about time I did a proper plug. (It won't happen again. Maybe.)
Old 8th April 2018, 12:35   #7
hakanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveRocks View Post
I thought it only appropriate that I give Milkdrop artists the first look at my lastest You-Tube offering. I'd appreciate your feedback & a confirmation that the pre-set titles used in the video are correctly identified.

The video is not yet Public and only available via the link in this message.

https://youtu.be/Dls5Z-IcObE Enigma -Sadeness
I just watched your video and there seems to be a problem with version 0.3. I checked the site and I shared a wrong file before. Waves are stationary and dead. I suggest updating these with below files.

I do not know why, but you have made an attempt to overlay some presets and increase the light effect. I also added a file with extra lighting effect.

Unfortunately, I did not test them in the long run. I have attempted to fix a visual mistake I see. If you notice that your computer is consuming high processor power, you can turn off some effects.
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 00:10   #8
RaveRocks

I'm not sure why my responses are being filtered by the forum admin, perhaps it's my tendency to go way off topic. Decorum and Respect are my middle names.
Old 5th August 2018, 05:19   #9
RaveRocks

Apologies for Bumping

An update. I have deleted all my videos on You-Tube, along with my You-Tube account and the link to google+. I'm currently working on a music remix project that I hope to see released by a major major British artist and my legal advisor recommended killing my You-Tube account for reasons I can't divulge at this time. It was a hard thing to do, about as difficult as taking a pet to a vet to be put down.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets