Old 2nd March 2018, 14:09   #1
kalverson

Question componets page and combobox items

I have four install types. I setup the first three install types and used the last one "custom" as my fourth install type. I put in some logic to set the selection boxes the way I want them for the third type and last one (custom type) in the .OnSelChange call back. Everything works perfect when selecting the correct install type from the combobox. When on the first two install types, I want to be able to adjust what is selected by clicking on the various checkboxes. However, the second time I do that, the install type is changed to custom which is the one I am using for the last install type. I don't want that to happen. Is there a way to prevent that? I want the install type selected to stay selected when adjusting the checkboxes. Is there a way to just use 4 install types and suppress the custom install type completely.
kalverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:19   #2
Anders

The sections have to match the install type, when you make changes it is no longer that install type. You can disable the custom type and you can make changes to the install types at run-time.

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:56   #3
kalverson

Thanks for your reply. I tried disabling the custom install type using /NOCUSTOM install type. The combobox selections were exactly as I wanted them, but I could not make any adjustments to the selections at run time. Clicking the checkboxes did not do anything.
Old 2nd March 2018, 18:14   #4
Anders

The basic usage is supposed to be that you start out by picking the install type and if you start customizing it that switches it over to the custom type. Anything beyond that must be forced in the selection changed callback function.

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 18:15   #5
kalverson

Thanks for explaining it to me. Once I enabled custom installs again as a fifth install type, it now works pretty well. The key was in understanding that first sentence of yours. One can initially select any install type, but once it is modified, it becomes the fifth type which is a custom install type.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion