Old 24th December 2018, 04:09   #1
cabin fever

Music Downloads

First time poster, please bear with me if I come across like an old fart, which I truly am. I have maintained a music only playlist in Winamp for the past 13 years with absolutely no problems. Haven't downloaded any music in the past 3 years and will admit that most of my list includes illegal downloads from Limewire. I've matured with age and now want to find a legal service for future downloads. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
cabin fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 21:06   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
U can download / buy songs from apple, Amazon, etc but u might be better served by a service like spotify.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 16:58   #3
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
Really depends on your tastes.
Deezer is good for sheer variety. I found many old artists and bands in there I can't find in the other services.

There are plenty of sources for legal free music.

If you like remixes and mashups, most DJs and producers release from their own sites.
This stuff tends to be better and more eclectic than the commercial remixes and mashups only intended for the dance floor (I listen to lots of heavy metal mashups).

Many bands now self-publish either from their sites or via sites like Bandcamp
Bandcamp offers all the downloads (free and paid) as MP3, OGG and FLAC.

The Free Music Archive has a wide and similar selection of labels and artists, but all for free.

The Web Archive has a massive collection of free music, and also acts as a mirror for several net labels, and more importantly it can all be played via the integrated Webamp.

I suggest syncing your current collection to Last.fm (the scrobbler app will only upload the metadata of the tracks) so you can play the same music with other sites, services and apps that can login to Last.fm
While looking at your collection in the Last.fm site you will notice that anything that is available in spotify, apple store or amazon will be priced and linked, so you can easily find and buy any of your old music again.

Mashups ? Smells like a lot of "Fishy Business" to me.
Visit my label at www.last.fm/label/Fishy+Business for musical education.
Dr.Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion