Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 25th November 2018, 00:14   #1
Kozmyk

I don't get it ... (YouTube video watching count issue)

I don't get it.

I've posted more than 200 videos with chillout and psychill music over the past few years, with Milkdrop visual effects.

There are several tunes I've posted, like "Band 1: Tune 2" with also "Milkdrop" in the title and description of the tune. I get, like a few to a few tens of watches on YouTube.

The same exact tune with a static picture throughout the song has gotten tens of thousands to millions (!) of watches on Youtube! I have a visual effects video from Milkdrop, and I get a few dozen at best! I would think ppl that watch that exact video would prefer a visual effects video rather than looking at a static picture. Maybe I'm wrong.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I don't want to have lots of watchers to brag about numbers, but such a huge disparity may be of a technical issue that I'm not doing.

Thank you for your feedback
Kozmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 00:22   #2
DarkHog

Most people enjoy visual effects, but don't care about seizures. Use AVS instead, like a real man.

Another thing may be that people are just flocking to video that was, to use YT comment section nomenclature, first.
DarkHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 00:27   #3
Kozmyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHog View Post
Most people enjoy visual effects, but don't care about seizures. Use AVS instead, like a real man.

Another thing may be that people are just flocking to video that was, to use YT comment section nomenclature, first.
I have AVS installed too, but it crashes my Windows PC very often. Also, AVS is not that beat sensitive like many Milkdrop presets.
Old 25th November 2018, 00:36   #4
DarkHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmyk View Post
I have AVS installed too, but it crashes my Windows PC very often.
AVS shipped with previous versions of Winamp crashed for me as well. No such thing with 5.8, I can even go full-screen (which almost surely crashed WA in previous versions). Can you try to do a clean install of WA (uninstall Winamp via its uninstaller confirming deleting every setting, then install 5.8 again) and try again?

As for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmyk View Post
Also, AVS is not that beat sensitive like many Milkdrop presets.
That's what makes it less prone to giving people seizures.
DarkHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2019, 02:50   #5
Kozmyk

So,

I just installed the 5.8 beta and running AVS with the default install -- waiting to see if it will crash.

DarkHog, AVS has similar flashing light presets that would be as bothersome to light sensitive viewers as with Milkdrop. What is that BS about "real men" using AVS?

Also, there's no easy way to show the track name and effect name on the screen as it is with Milkdrop : F2 and F4.

Anyhow, my original post had nothing to do with Milkdrop -- I'm still trying to figure out how come my post of a specific track and a full length of video effects post on Youtube gets only a few hits and the exact same track posted by a third party, not the original composer, with a static image gets tens of thousands of hits.

Take care y'all
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion