Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlanS
    • Apr 2007

OK OK! I have been working on version 2, or rather 1.1. I'm just trying to fix some crashing issues with certain files and tags. As of right now it's not going to support things like Album Artist, however the Disc number is a possibility. When I tried to implement these things a couple months ago the SDK didn't even support it (it was still in beta or something). I'll see what I can do.

I will post my progress at the end of this weekend. I promise.

Comment

• AlanS
      • Apr 2007

Hey everyone!

Here's an the update. I have figured out how to include all of the extended tags such as Album Artist and Disc. This will be included in 2.0.

I am basically going through all of the suggestions that have been posted and I will be implementing most of them. I have nothing to do this weekend, so much of my time will be spent on this project.

If you guys have any more ideas on how I can improve the plugin then please post them now.

So far:
      "but the plugin do not work at winamp 5.52 It shut winamp down during organizing."
      ** Fixed

"Great plug-in. Seems speedy and effective. The one sad thing that it is missing is the ability to use the field in Organization Rules. I organize all my music in folder by album artist, so without the feature, the plug-in is kind of useless to me. Any chance of adding it?"
      ** Yes!! I just figured this out and it will be included.

"I like this plugin a lot, but it has some points of improvement.* the grid that contains the rules should be a little bit bigger, you can only see 2 or 3 rules at a glimpse, and so it is difficult to sort and to compare rules.* Should be nice to add an key, to keep same album with different artists together. Nice work, keep going!"
      ** I made the rules window bigger and now you can use Album Artist

"Great Plugin. But is there any way to use die DISC Tags in the Format String? <Disc> will not work "
      ** <Disc> works now.

There also seems to be some problems with Windoews Vista and I do not own Vista (I'm on XP). If anyone is on Vista 32bit or 64bit and would like to beta test then let me know.

I will submit a new version tomorrow. (Sunday Feb 24)
      Last edited by AlanS; 23 February 2008, 21:01.

Comment

• AlanS
        • Apr 2007

Ok guys, here is ml_org v2.0 as promised. It has all of the features I talked about above. I hope this fixes any issues you were having before.

If anyone wants the source just let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

• neocryptek
          • Feb 2008

Could you please make the delete window resizable or horizontally scrollable? It's pretty hard to figure out what file(s) it is referring to when you have a long base path (like I do).

Thanks for continuing the project AlanS.

Comment

• d.vertz
            • Nov 2007

WARNING!!
            To all users who want to try this pluggin. Be sure you know what it does first. The misleading name "organizer" is not what it is all about. This thing RENAMES ALL your files!!

It's a file renamer.

Crap. My nice neatly organined and properly named files have been detroyed!! Every file (7,443) have been renamed without any extension (mp3 dropped) and all cover art is gone. Plus all the folders had special icons on them which requires each folder to be system folder, is now gone. The desktop.ini files are gone, the icon files are gone and the folders are no longer a system folder.

Weeks worth of work is gone in about 2 minutes of scanning files.

Where's the undo button?

Comment

• AlanS
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by d.vertz
              WARNING!!
              To all users who want to try this pluggin. Be sure you know what it does first. The misleading name "organizer" is not what it is all about. This thing RENAMES ALL your files!!

It's a file renamer.

Crap. My nice neatly organined and properly named files have been detroyed!! Every file (7,443) have been renamed without any extension (mp3 dropped) and all cover art is gone. Plus all the folders had special icons on them which requires each folder to be system folder, is now gone. The desktop.ini files are gone, the icon files are gone and the folders are no longer a system folder.

Weeks worth of work is gone in about 2 minutes of scanning files.

Where's the undo button?
              I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with it, but I thought it was clear. This plugin DOES rename your files for you, but it renames them to what you specify.

Also, it will only delete files if you check the clean out base path box. It will also give you a confirmation telling you what files it wants to delete before actually deleting them.

If I may ask, what did you think this plugin was going to do?

Comment

• AlanS
                • Apr 2007

I updated the plugin again. All I did this time was add a "What is this plugin?" that explains how to use it and what exactly it does, so that no one will be surprised when it renames their files.

Please upgrade to this version if you can.

Extract ml_org.dll from the zip file and place it in:
                /Program Files/Winamp/Plugins/
                Attached Files

Comment

• Grandchild
                  • Oct 2005

hey, it's a plugin i wanted to have for a loong time, so it's good it's here BUT: can you please (pleeeease!!) add a thingy that will bring up the configuration dialogue BEFORE it does anything? had the same thing as d.vertz....
                  well i know it's supposed to be renaming/relocating them, but when the progress bar showed i thought it was just prescanning them!
                  oooh man! yes, and something like remembering the previous folder/naming structure would be nice too (maybe a backup txt file in the plugin folder for your plugin to read if an undo is wanted).
                  but first thing is really, bring up the config screen when you press "organize" for the first time, or actually it should bring it up every time!

grandchild

//edit: and it crashed the first time because i had some dead entries in my library, i guess there's a quick fix to that one...

Comment

• Grandchild
                    • Oct 2005

btw, does the offer with the source code still stand?
                    i will not publish a version i *might* make without your consent!
                    pm me...
                    grandchild

Comment

• d.vertz
                      • Nov 2007

Well, my apologies AlanS. I went back to the top of the thread and saw where I messed up. Somehow I missed the FIRST paragraph that did say it PHYSICALLY MOVED the files. Somehow all I had originally read was organize like iTunes. And since I was unfamiliar with how iTunes does it, I figure whats the harm, I'll give it a try.

Turns out you are also correct about the MOVE. In the jumbled up mess, I found the original folders still in tact. But that really didn't help any. My biggest problem was the lack of the MP3 file extension. I think the default configuration should include keeping the extension. Without it, Winamp can't find the files and neither could Tag&Rename. I had no way of getting the extension added back on 7,000 files. Somehow I would think the ml_org might add the extension back if configured correctly. But then can ml_org find the MP3's if the extension is missing?

After a little over a day,I was able to track down a backup copy across town. I had written the files to a portable drive just two weeks prior. So it turned out not much editing of ID3 tags was lost.

You asked what I thought it did. Thats the biggest problem, I wasn't thinking. I was looking for a replacement for Dynamic Library since it wouldn't any longer "see" the folders that had custom icons added. Adding custom icons to a folder forces that folder to be a system folder which DL would not read. So I was basically looking for a ML plugin that displayed the song list as filenames. Trying out everything I could find. There are no other plugins like DL.

I have not tried the new ml_org. Too scared. Now that I have all my files back in place, I think I'll stop playing with new toys. However, I think "GrandChild" had a good suggestion with bringing up the configure dialog prior to running is a good idea.

Comment

• AlanS
                        • Apr 2007

Well I have come up with a new version, again. Since you guys were wanting more security measures.

A popup message will stop you from organizing anything until you physically go into the preferences and click OK. It will not take you there, and it will not allow you to do anything until you go there yourself.

I also did a bunch of testing...but keep in mind I am only limited to my own media library. One thing I was never able to reproduce was the deletion of the file extension. I have no idea why it got rid of your file extensions because it never did it for me, and it almost seems impossible with the way the code is written...but then again anything is possible. Just to make sure though, I added one more check for the file extension. It will attempt to put the original back on, then check if it's on. If it's not, it will attempt to do it again and if unsuccessful it will just add .mp3 regardless of what the original one was. I figure .mp3 is better than nothing because winamp "should" still be able to play it.

I was also unable to get it to delete ANY files without the confirmation coming up. Are you guys sure you have the latest version?? The code is written to bring up the confirmation. Only when the user clicks OK will it delete the files. That means that somewhere winamp is simulating the OK button...which just doesn't seem right. But...just to make sure it doesn't do something you don't want, I made it so it should NEVER delete any hidden or system files. This means that if you set up you're album art files correctly, it won't delete them; no matter what. I also will never delete desktop.ini now.

Also, I would really appreciate a beta tester if anyone is interested. I can only test my own media library, and another one would really help out.

I will release it in a couple of days after even more testing and tweaking. I will also release the source code along with it. (This is part of why I'm not releasing it now. It's not very well documented)

Thank you all for your responses.

Comment

• Clubstyler
                          • Jan 2008

Hi there!

Good to see Album Artist and Discnumber being implemented now.

It would be great if ml_org supports the use of conditionals one day. At the moment I am using Mp3tag to create my music folders, but I would prefer Winamp at any time just if it would be compatible with a more complex format string like this one:
                          D:\Music\$validate($if(%album%,$if2(%band%,%artist%)\%album%\$if(%discnumber%,$left(%discnumber%,1)-,)$num(%track%,2) $if($eql(%track%,Various Artists),$replace(%artist%,/,, ) - ,)%title%,Various Tracks\$replace(%artist%,/,, ) - %title%),_)
                          I know it will be a lot of work trying to realise this feature - just an idea for the future.

It is really great that somebody is actively developing such a Winamp plug-in now. I have been wanting this for years. Messing with Mp3tag every time I want to change the folders structure is not too comfy.

Comment

• AlanS
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Clubstyler
                            Hi there!

Good to see Album Artist and Discnumber being implemented now.

It would be great if ml_org supports the use of conditionals one day. At the moment I am using Mp3tag to create my music folders, but I would prefer Winamp at any time just if it would be compatible with a more complex format string like this one:

I know it will be a lot of work trying to realise this feature - just an idea for the future.

It is really great that somebody is actively developing such a Winamp plug-in now. I have been wanting this for years. Messing with Mp3tag every time I want to change the folders structure is not too comfy.
                            You're not the only one to suggest the use of conditionals. I really really like this idea, but I don't have enough time to spend right now to get that working. Passing calculus is more of a priority, lol.

However, summer is quickly approaching, which means I will have a huge block of time where I am doing absolutely nothing. So who knows what version 3.0 will have!

Comment

• Wildrose-Wally
                              The Albertan
                              • Mar 2001

Originally posted by fuze22
                              I could not figure out where else to post this, but today i downloaded this plug-in (Media Library Organizer) and thought it would be helpful. It also had a Winamp staff review and said approved...

I pressed the organize button and then after it was finished i went to check out the folder i keep all my songs in and noticed that all my file extensions had been erased. so now i have over a thousand songs that got organized and there names changed and thus the extension were erased.

im guessing whoever made this didn't test it on a computer that has there file extensions showing and changeable. i know windows xp has the file extensions hidden by default.

so do i now have to go and change all my files manually?
                              here is a link to the plug-in and a picture to help understand what i am talking about.

Embrace your inner fan, subscribe to your favorite artists to get Winamp-exclusive content.

[img=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1087/bugsv9.th.jpg]
                              as you can see i fixed the first file by putting back the .mp3 and i can play the song again.

I know this is not Winamps fault but i cant figure out how to contact the person that made this and also i think people should be warned before they use this.

-fuze22

Comment

• AlanS
                                • Apr 2007

Ok guys, I have worked on the safety of the plugin. It won't delete any file anymore -- it just sends them to the recycle bin if you chose to do anything with them at all.

If you find that your album art and desktop.ini files are missing, then look harder. It is NOT deleting them. It's just moving the music files and the album art is not moving with it (the album art is not stored in the library).

You HAVE to go into the options and configure the plugin before it's run. It won't let you run the plugin without at least looking at the options.

I don't understand how it was deleting the file extensions, but I threw in two more checks to make sure they are there. If they are not, then it will just add a ".mp3" to the end. Because any music extension is better than no music extension. I even tested it on .wav, .mp4, and .flac. All of the files had the correct extension at the end.

I had a couple of my friends test the plugin on their libraries and their computers, and everything worked perfectly.

Also, make sure you have the most recent winamp! -- 5.52 at the time of writing.

I am very sorry if you lost your file extensions. There is a tool called Tag&Rename that you can use to change them back. You can get it at www.softpointer.com. You can also use Rename Master (http://www.joejoesoft.com).

The newest version, along with the source, is attached.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by AlanS; 13 March 2008, 01:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X