Old 29th May 2010, 15:27   #1
van0014

visualisation crash igxpdx32.dll

When i play a song and turn the visualization on, it will work fine for about 30 seconds but then the system will crash with a bsod.

I have only tried the Milk drop visualization, but if this is what causes the problem i would like to know if there is a way to fix it or some sort of workaround for it because it is a great visualization.

The relevant bsod information is: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA igxpdx32.dll
0x00000050
(0xE3A05104, 0x00000000, 0xBF35CE85, 0x00000001)
Address BF35CE85
base at BF1CC000

Date Stamp 45a92607

My system specs:
Intel
Celeron CPU 3.06GHz
480mb RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
128mb integrated graphics card (meant to be 512mb but this is what system info says)
Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset (driver up to date)
1024 x 768 60hz 32 bit
Directx 9.0c (was using Directx 10.04 but got rid of it fully then installed dx9)
74.53GB harddrive with 4 partitions, 3 have an OS, all XP pro service pack 3
48x DVD Drive

More info availiable on request if needed

Using Invicta 1.3 skin, but change to winamp modern to try visualizations (it has handy arrows to change to the next visualizations)

I have seen a few errors like this on google, but none related to winamp. This error can be reproduced in programs other than winamp (mainly games).

I have had this error for ages and its driving me nuts. I would REALLY appreciate any help!! Thank you for your time reading this thread.
van0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 15:42   #2
van0014

This is very poor service. I posted this bug report more than a week ago and there has been no replies. This is shocking. A good program like winamp ruined with terrible forum management.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:11   #3
DrO

there's nothing which states people have to reply and generally if they don't know then they won't post a reply to things (as i'm sure you'd be more annoyed by "no idea" replies).

as the crash is related to the graphics driver, all i can suggest from looking around at what other people have been seeing and doing with the issue is to revert to an older version of the graphics drivers (or see if there is a newer version but unlikely from what i've read).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 01:31   #4
van0014

Thank you for your help!! I had searched google a lot and i found a similar answer but it was a few years old and the graphics driver link was outdated. After that i had tried to find other methods but i didn't think of going to a driver that isnt quite as old. I will be sure to report back whether this works or not.

I thought since this was a place specifically for bug reports it wouldn't be users providing answers, but knowledgeable staff members like yourself, would be responding as they are more likely to know how bugs can be fixed.

If you guys rely on the humble user to try and fix peoples bugs, even though most wouldn't know how because they didn't write the program, then my point remains valid: I think this service is shit.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
bsod, crash, glitch, igxpdx32.dll, visualization