Old 2nd October 2013, 17:06   #1
chi2king

active x control

Hi to all!

I am trying to integrate winamp into my c# windows forms project but couldn't find any article regarding a winamp active x control.

I am trying to display visualizations based on microphone input. Compared with other media players, I would prefer winamp cause it has the best visualization, although wmp and vlc can be embedded into a windows form as an active x control.

Anybody who can point me to some directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
chi2king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:08   #2
DrO

Winamp doesn't have that type of support.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 02:30   #3
chi2king

Thank you for that reply. That's what I was thinking since I could not find any sample projects on the net.

A follow up question. Can the play and pause of visualization be controlled solely by microphone input (pause for absence of audio, play for presence of audio)? Or do i need to tweak some files on the winamp sdk?

Did somebody already implemented similar to this requirement?

Again, thank you very much for the time.
Old 3rd October 2013, 02:54   #4
DrO

not unless the vis plug-in has been coded to do what you're wanting (which i don't think has been done). as i see you've posted this question in the AVS sub-forum, there's nothing stopping you from taking the source code and trying to get it to do what you want (or do the same for Milkdrop as well for that matter) but i don't remember ever seeing anything in those plug-ins or others which do what you're asking for.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 03:30   #5
chi2king

Yes, I've posted it also on another sub forum. I'm really desperate to use winamp because of its great visualization display. Although I can control the play/pause (of course using the play/pause functionality of winamp, not through the visualization file) through C# code on the win form application running behind the winamp application, but does not have a good effect because of the microphone input sensitivity issue.

By the way thank you again.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Tags
.net c#, active x, visualization, windows forms