Old 9th June 2015, 23:23   #1
MASJID_RADIO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Winamp, shoutcast and Arabic Words

hello
can u help me, i want display the arabic words on shoutcast

My config:
- SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/posix(linux x64)
- Winamp 5.666 (official fully patched build)
- DSP 2.3.5
- windows 8.1 pro x64 (English)

I install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005, the time the title is displayed in Arabic and sometimes nothing at all

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....1&d=1433892151

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp.png
Views:	500
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	51834  
MASJID_RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 23:52   #2
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
for what you've mentioned, then as long as the Source DSP is connecting in 2.x mode then the song titles should be shown correctly as long as the player supports showing SHOUTcast metadata.

alas I don't know what / where you're trying to check things or even if you're actually seeing an issue or not - your post is not particularly clear on that matter.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2015, 23:59   #3
MASJID_RADIO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
for what you've mentioned, then as long as the Source DSP is connecting in 2.x mode then the song titles should be shown correctly as long as the player supports showing SHOUTcast metadata.

alas I don't know what / where you're trying to check things or even if you're actually seeing an issue or not - your post is not particularly clear on that matter.
thank u for repaly
this is my server:
http://37.187.121.173:8018/

Playlist: “Use skin or language pack font” Uncheck
Classic Skins: “Use skinned font for main window title display” Uncheck

Tous les titres de chansons son en arabe
MASJID_RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 00:09   #4
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
i've just tried the stream (though it seems it's not stable or you're tinkering with things) and I'm seeing characters like is in your screenshot, so I have to assume that it's working ok.

additionally the 'played' page on the DNAS is showing the same characters that I'm seeing in a number of client players, though there are a few 'empty titles' which will be the DNAS filtering out what it cannot cope with (maybe that's what you're referring it ?).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 00:11   #5
MASJID_RADIO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i've just tried the stream (though it seems it's not stable or you're tinkering with things) and I'm seeing characters like is in your screenshot, so I have to assume that it's working ok.

additionally the 'played' page on the DNAS is showing the same characters that I'm seeing in a number of client players, though there are a few 'empty titles' which will be the DNAS filtering out what it cannot cope with (maybe that's what you're referring it ?).
the server is not stable because I make changes.
I tried this tutorial:
http://www.thefreewindows.com/3005/u...ort-in-winamp/

and I have more media that displays title

but I do not find utf-8

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....1&d=1433895161
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp3tag.png
Views:	381
Size:	508.4 KB
ID:	51835  
MASJID_RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 00:17   #6
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
I still don't understand what the issue is. I am seeing arabic characters in your screenshots and also when I played the stream as well as on the DNAS. that to me indicates things are working correctly.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 00:20   #7
MASJID_RADIO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
I still don't understand what the issue is. I am seeing arabic characters in your screenshots and also when I played the stream as well as on the DNAS. that to me indicates things are working correctly.
yes Arabic words is displayed perfectly on winamp but on shoutcast, sometimes it appears and sometimes not
MASJID_RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2015, 22:14   #8
MASJID_RADIO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Solution:
the Arabic word appears all the time with the dsp Version 2.3.2 but not with version 2.3.5
MASJID_RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2015, 22:18   #9
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
you need to enable _all_ debug logging options in the DNAS and provide the generated logs from connecting both versions of the Source DSP to the DNAS and email the log files to dro [at] winamp dot com and it'll be looked into whether it's a DNAS bug or a DSP bug.

you'll also need to include the expected title changes from each of the test runs.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
arabic, dsp, shoutcast, winamp, windows

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump