Old 14th September 2003, 01:14   #41
Namelessv1
Forum King

I must say, that is freaking sweet. I love the texture and overall feel to the skin. It's disgustingly good.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2003, 05:14   #42
Krynis
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Krynis Send a message via AIM to Krynis Send a message via Yahoo to Krynis
Quote:
Originally posted by Bizzy D.
style XP is not a skining software.. its just a app that hacks the uxtheme.dll that is built into windows XP its self, to make it look good, it lists the themes and such u can select.. but.. the main point is.. style xp does not skin windows.. windows skins its self.. that is why it is faster..

and window blinds interfears with it because winamp2 skins its self in the same way as windows skins its self, make a normal windows32 window and overwrite 2 messages in the wndproc... windowblinds does this also, so it interfears with it by trying to do so again..

anyway.. back on topic please.. this si a sexy skin
true dat and on another note u should be able to tell wb to not skin anything wa i just cant recall how
Krynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2003, 03:25   #43
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
sophia_pm.zip [252kb]

it will just be linked here until i release it
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2003, 05:09   #44
xenosomething
Major Dude

what colorful eqbars

most of the buttons arent as hard to use as i thought they would be.
....but the volume and balance take the cake for "most in need of magnifying glass"

graphically great though, nice work.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2003, 06:53   #45
zwylle

Had to switch to another skin to find the volume.
It is a little hard to tell whether the EQ is on / on Auto or not.
PL-stacks are too kryptic for my taste (and ability to use em).
But probably the focus is more on the look than functionality.
Then you make these great looking CBUTTONS, but they don't act like they look. I would expect them to be at least a little sunk in when pressed
Besides that the thing looks like a nice little friend, but I better switch him off before going to bed, hehe.
zwylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2003, 04:06   #46
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
You could, hypothetically, put in another millipede thingie for the volume bar, but I know that would be a pain to do. At least, though, please put in something that somehow illustrates the magnatude of the volume, it would be of great help to an already great skin. I give it thumbs up too.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2003, 04:17   #47
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

my brother suggested something in which you describe LuigiHann a while ago, but it was more like a glow worm appearing from one hole (like a portal), and it would pass on into another portal at the opposite end of the volume bar.
aslong as it doesn't take me another 3 hours to do an animation, i might consider doing something
i do really want something simple though, yet something small like what i have now to signify a change. hmm, lemme think
Old 16th September 2003, 05:06   #48
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceMaker
my brother suggested something in which you describe LuigiHann a while ago, but it was more like a glow worm appearing from one hole (like a portal), and it would pass on into another portal at the opposite end of the volume bar.
aslong as it doesn't take me another 3 hours to do an animation, i might consider doing something
i do really want something simple though, yet something small like what i have now to signify a change. hmm, lemme think
If you want to just use the little flickery light like you have now, just make it slide from left to right. Or not. Anything matching the weird... biomechanical look would be fine, as long as I know how loud it's gonna be before I hit "play" And while I'm in smiley mode, you still get a
Old 16th September 2003, 05:13   #49
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

i don't know how hard it is too see the change on your comp, but on mine there is a noticable difference between being fully on, being half on, and being mute, just by the variable colour shift of pink > blue(50%) > null.
Old 16th September 2003, 05:17   #50
LuigiHann
Forum King

Sure, I can see the difference, but it seems more random than that. It would take a while to get used to, anyway.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
Old 16th September 2003, 19:47   #51
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
No issues with the controls here, then again lol, I can find them on anything now I think... only comment was I love, repeat, LOVE the way the PL stacks appear... but for some reason I'm not quite as fond of the cbuts *waits to get murdered*... the texturing and feel of the PL stacks, which are similar in shape, seem much more vivid and striking. Only other thing I see, and it's not a big deal since I had the same blessed issue with Melusina, is I like, often, to minimize/shade just the EQ (or close it depending on the skin) after I set the controls where I want 'em, and extend my PL in case I'm in a rush to get to a song, and in neither state does the skin look right. (like I said, not a real big deal since most pic skins have the same issue as well, just mentioning it since it's the mode I switched to) The shade modes all together match up nicely, so I suppose it's a necessary compromise. oh, one other MINOR thing is it seems to me the viz colors dont quite fit, the blue seems a bit much since nowhere else is it as predominant. This is really cool though, like a view down onto a dissection or soemthing, I like it!
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins