Old 2nd September 2003, 18:03   #41
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
why the pipes? They are just kinda....there. Cool idea anyways as db, er..sw..said, the dirt look stoo close. Try maybe a gausian blur. Idk what setting, play with it until it feels right.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 18:21   #42
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
ok. well i blurred the sand in the EQ. when i did that and transferred it back to the EQmain.bmp, it ended up with a white line around parts of the EQ. I was going to change it but after i looked at it for a while i decided i liked the lines. opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot.png (56.0 KB, 171 views)

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2003, 21:10   #43
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I still don't understand what the pipes are, but that dirt looks a bit better now
Old 3rd September 2003, 01:23   #44
StillWater
Forum King

I think the pipes are supposed to be poles holding up the green signs

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2003, 01:52   #45
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

correct stillwater. sorry for not saying it earlier but the pipes are just what stillwater says. They're holding up the signs just like in an intersection

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 3rd September 2003, 01:55   #46
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

oh! I see it! duh!
Old 24th September 2003, 23:02   #47
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

well, i'd like to say that this is the post where i announce the completion of this skin and everyone is invited to a party at my house. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. I just did some major work on the playlist and it looks a lot better but theres still so much to do. Nothing is animated yet, haven't even thought about winshades, playist stacks don't have cursors, no 2.9 windows, no minibrowser, if i ever finish this playlist, the eq is getting some major changes too. ugh. well here it is. please tell me its better.
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot.png (56.7 KB, 142 views)

Old 24th September 2003, 23:46   #48
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
only thing I see to correct atm is the vertical pipes are lit from the side, the top ones from the top. Apart from that this is coming along pretty nicely; maybe move the tree up a little and put a little "mulch" at the bottom so it doesn't rest on your street? Keep going, this is a pretty cool idea you have going.
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2003, 09:43   #49
zwylle

Playlist looks very good, except the shadow thing that Dimichan already has pointed out.
I assume that you are planning to do something additional with the buttons? Signs?

Cool how all the sudden all these unfinished skins I almost forgot about are popping up again
zwylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2003, 19:47   #50
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

thanx for the comments. as for the light issue, i suppose it serves me right considering that i made the vertical pipes and then simply rotated them for the horizontal ones.

Old 28th September 2003, 04:39   #51
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

yay. new EQ sliders. they look kinda weird because the sliders are somewhat smaller than the bars but it wouldve looked empty if i made the bars smaller and the sliders couldn't really be made bigger.
Attached Images
File Type: png new eq.png (22.0 KB, 143 views)

Old 28th September 2003, 04:44   #52
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Wow... you get extra points for being the weirdest skin ever. Not bad, just strange. I will await the finished skin with morbid curiousity.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 01:24   #53
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini
i like the tree and the eb bars

I really wonder if my friend would like this.. will ask

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 01:55   #54
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
Wow... you get extra points for being the weirdest skin ever. Not bad, just strange. I will await the finished skin with morbid curiousity.
just wait until you see the volume animation. . . if I can pull it off.

Nini - sadly i didn't draw the tree myself. that's a bit above my abilities.

Old 29th September 2003, 02:00   #55
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by k_rock923
Nini - sadly i didn't draw the tree myself. that's a bit above my abilities.
RIP!!!!1

hehe
Old 12th October 2003, 23:48   #56
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

congratulations. i have PL stacks.
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot.png (54.0 KB, 149 views)

Old 13th October 2003, 00:49   #57
FooMonkey
Listens to Chicago!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to FooMonkey Send a message via AIM to FooMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to FooMonkey
Now I must congratulate you on your taste in music.

The skin is coming along well. I hope the PL isn't going to stay white like that. you've put yourself in a tough spot using a textured border like that.

[website](foomonkey)|(Winamp|DevArt)[skins]
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
Jellby's Skiners' Atlas
FooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 00:15   #58
LuigiHann
Forum King

Make it an icy pond.... ?

Old 14th October 2003, 00:19   #59
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

hmm. i never really considered this. maybe i will make it a shade of blue to look like ice. or maybe just a little darker. i don't think it looks that bad so i might end up keeping it white.

@foomonkey. yea. i love that song. I'm gonna ask my band teacher if we can play it this year. With me wailing away on guitar of course nobody would miss the bari sax

Old 1st February 2004, 04:32   #60
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

well after a few months i started working on this skin again. i cranked out a media library pretty quickly. i wasn't sure what to do with it so i made some wood and stuff to tie it in with the wood in the EQ. i still have a ridiculous amount of work on this skin. i have no idea what to do with those wood parts in the EQ even though i now need them because its how the ML ties in with the rest of the skin. comments on the ML? i know it might benefit from a color change or two.
Attached Images
File Type: png media library.png (27.0 KB, 129 views)

Old 6th February 2004, 21:03   #61
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

does anyone know a link to a tutorial on how to make an explosion. StillWater, it would be very helpful if you gave me some idea of how you made the explosion in the terminator skin. My idea for the volume is to have the car crash into a wall. i don't know if i'll be able to draw it though.

o yea. forget about that medial library pic. i hate it and am starting the ML over from scratch.

Old 7th February 2004, 02:19   #62
TheWinampSkiner

maybe (if u want) u could make the video (or whatever window) a grassy texture...

in my opinion that would look very sweet

n e ways, sweet job with the skin.
(btw my sister plays bari sax... just a random comment)
TheWinampSkiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2004, 03:01   #63
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

how did you know that? I've been working on making the video a grassy texture for about a day and a half now. thats freaky

Old 7th February 2004, 16:01   #64
TheWinampSkiner

great minds think alike...lol
TheWinampSkiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2004, 02:58   #65
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

video window. done.
Attached Images
File Type: png video.png (27.2 KB, 109 views)

Old 9th February 2004, 20:10   #66
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

was it something i said?

Old 10th February 2004, 13:42   #67
tydogg

Do you still need the link to an explosion tut? I know of a few, but I think they would be way too big to fit into a vol animation.

You thought I was dead, didn't you?
tydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2004, 22:05   #68
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

well the way i have it now, the car just moves back and forth for the volume. i'd like to make the explosoin though. if you know of any tutorials, i'd like to see them. i'll give them a shot

Old 11th February 2004, 07:51   #69
StillWater
Forum King

Actually, that explosion was from an animated gif I found somewhere

When working on volume animations, a good thing to do is to make them huge (like 200x200pixels or something), roughly draw in all the necessary shapes, details, shadows, and highlights, and then shrink it to the volume size when you've finished. It's a lot easier and ends up looking considerably more natural than if you do all the work in the tiny volume area, fiddling with individual pixels.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Old 11th February 2004, 08:40   #70
Axlar

Send a message via ICQ to Axlar Send a message via AIM to Axlar Send a message via Yahoo to Axlar
Quote:
Originally posted by StillWater
looking considerably more natural than if you do all the work in the tiny volume area, fiddling with individual pixels.
all my skins consider out of fiddling with pixels.. since i hate to use plugins for effect.. i draw pixels.. lol.. i only use dropshadow and blur plugins for the base look of the skin.. then i make it mine by drawing pixels.. ans hey.. it got me a featured skin at one time even.. LOL
Axlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2004, 22:29   #71
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

i redid the media library. i think it looks a lot better
Attached Images
File Type: png media library.png (29.4 KB, 116 views)

Old 12th February 2004, 05:24   #72
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Axlar
all my skins consider out of fiddling with pixels.. since i hate to use plugins for effect..
I didn't mean that he should use plugins and effects instead of drawing. To see what I mean, take a look at my avatar. I drew that eagle in at a huge size - big enough so that I could accurately draw in the wings, some of the individual feathers, the tail, the neck, the head, the legs, the talons, the beak, etc. There's no way I could have drawn all that in - at the right proportions - if I was drawing it in the tiny size it's in now! So I drew it huge and resized it, and (usually with a few adjustments) the 'smart-sizing' kept the proportions right.

Also, the only way that eagle and all its limbs etc. can look in any way recognizable at such a small size, is with heaps of the pixels being at various levels of translucency - which is bloody hard to get right by your self.

I think the same would go for something like what k_rock923 wants to do in his volume animation, ie. a car exploding.

k_rock923: The ML certainly looks better, though I think those yellow sliders stand out too much. I'd make them green, to match the arrow buttons, and possibly make the column header things ("artist, albums, tracks etc.) yellow instead.

And if possible, perhaps try putting the title (ie. "Winamp library") on a green sign

Old 17th February 2004, 00:50   #73
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

beta .wsz. never thought i'd make it this far. Can someone look for any bugs? I think i've gone over it fairly well but you never know. Comments, opinons? Especially let me know of what you think of the volume slider the way it is. I'm still debating whether or not its worth the time to do the explosion.

http://krock923.50megs.com/highway.wsz.ZIP i hope that link works

//edit: site won't allow remot linking. any ideas where i could put this?

Old 17th February 2004, 03:57   #74
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

make an html page and link to it from that, host it on the same site, then link us to the html file.

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2004, 04:37   #75
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

thanks for the idea. here it is http://www.geocities.com/krocker923/highway.html

Old 17th February 2004, 05:22   #76
StillWater
Forum King

A bug or two, and some final comments:

-raise the green sign for text area up a pixel so that the songname doesn't touch the border of the sign. Also, maybe think about making it bigger so that it doesn't get stuffed up when you disable "use skinned font" in the preferences

-The selected background for playlists in the ML is too similar to the ML background

-the top of the balance slider is a thick black line - you should make it grey and speckled so that it is camoflauged more

-The oscilloscope is still skinner's atlas blue

-the letters "stop" could be more clear. something like in the attachment.

-the tree in the eq has a white outline in places

-the 'arm' of the cactus that is on the eq slider looks too think compared to the trunk of the cactus. Maybe make it thicker by a pixel or two and make the trunk thinner by a pixel or two.

-the posbar truck looks pretty good, tbut the cars in the vol/bal are hard to make out

-video close button is very small. maybe make it more like the main window close button

-so the yellow headers in the ML look any good with black outlines (like the green buttons in the ML do)?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp stop.bmp (2.1 KB, 95 views)

Old 17th February 2004, 16:19   #77
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

thanks for the comments and suggestions. i'm working on cleaning up the whole thing now. is it ok if i use the actual stop sign in the attatchment? I'll give you credit of course.

Old 17th February 2004, 18:50   #78
StillWater
Forum King

sure. You don't need to give me credit

Old 19th February 2004, 03:29   #79
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

i put this volume animation together with a .gif i found on the web. what do you guys think?

p.s. i think theres a frame missing from that and the road doesn't actually change colors. but u get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: gif volume.gif (13.0 KB, 96 views)

Old 19th February 2004, 03:49   #80
LuigiHann
Forum King

Have the explosion move with along instead of stopping. You know, like the car is burning, but still moving, I guess. Just so that the volume itself isn't ambiguous.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins