Old 12th November 2010, 18:14   #2801
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Not always. Just ordered these, as I need them for my sets:

Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files
by Jim Butcher

Early to Death, Early to Rise
Madison Avery book 2
by Kim Harrison

Jack: Secret Histories
by F. Paul Wilson

And I pre-ordered these:

Ghost Story
The Dresden Files book 13
by Jim Butcher

Pale Demon
The Hollows book 9
by Kim Harrison

Old 13th November 2010, 07:09   #2802
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Dropped $1,100 on a new VHF Radio for Fire Dept use. Used from Ebay.
Old 13th November 2010, 07:30   #2803
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Holy Jesus those things are expensive. Pics when you get the chance!

Last thing I bought was ordering a couple fruit boxes from our school's FFA students. They corner you and guilt trip you until you open the wallet and spend! At least it's something that I like at reasonable prices.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 13th November 2010, 13:17   #2804
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Mastering VMware vSphere 4

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 13th November 2010, 16:12   #2805
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 13th November 2010, 17:44   #2806
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
Holy Jesus those things are expensive. Pics when you get the chance!

Last thing I bought was ordering a couple fruit boxes from our school's FFA students. They corner you and guilt trip you until you open the wallet and spend! At least it's something that I like at reasonable prices.
Yeah, new they are $3,000. So I got a great deal.

Here's some pictures...I don't have mine in yet:

The remote head that I mount inside the car:

The whole set that i'm getting:
Old 13th November 2010, 23:41   #2807
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Do you need external antennae/antennas, or is everything you need already included?

Today I bought a 25x16x1 furnace filter. Paid for the really good hypo-allergenic one, which costs slightly more than 3x the usual one. (Usual is around $3, this one was $11)

Old 15th November 2010, 10:35   #2808
fanhost

I have recently bought a Cellphone..!!
Old 17th November 2010, 02:09   #2809
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Do you need external antennae/antennas, or is everything you need already included?
Nope, I already have those:
Old 18th November 2010, 04:37   #2810
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

It looks like suction cups - is there any screw-on mechanism, or is it just suction with a wire drilled through?

Old 18th November 2010, 16:36   #2811
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 18th November 2010, 16:56   #2812
Wedding DJ

Bread and Milk.

But now I have to wander off to hunt for something to eat for dinner.......
Old 19th November 2010, 00:07   #2813
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Love the scooter. We have a lot of students that seem to like to travel many miles a day on long cornfield roads with those.

Old 19th November 2010, 21:47   #2814
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Quote:
Love the scooter. We have a lot of students that seem to like to travel many miles a day on long cornfield roads with those.

reason is easy
there is a traffic jam each day on the route to work.
With my car it will take me half an hour to get to work
with the scooter it will only take me 10 minuts.

this is the other one that i use, the one in the pic in the other post if the one the Mrs is driving.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 20th November 2010, 03:29   #2815
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Handy little buggers. If I lived in a high traffic area I'd probably do the same.

Old 25th November 2010, 04:04   #2816
rockouthippie
Banned

Hopefully, you've filled out your organ donor card.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:53   #2817
arenee

weights. i've been sick for the last several years and this year i decided maybe eating smarter and being smarter with my body would help me. it won't cure me, but it could help. i've lost 35 lbs in the last 3 mths. so i bought some weights. didn't want to buy each lb pair separate so found a package on amazon that had 2, 3, and 5 lb pairs really cheap.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:45   #2818
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Gammon steak for dinner

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 4th December 2010, 23:59   #2819
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

2 really heavy tow chains (with hooks on either end of course). I thought it would make carrying easier to put both in one box. Dumb idea - the box ripped apart when I tried to pick it up, so they gave me a bucket for them. I've been using them for pulling trees and limbs to where I can more easily cut them.

I also bought pizza.

Old 9th December 2010, 08:14   #2820
eldercaddy

I bought my new cellphone and PSP.
Old 10th December 2010, 00:03   #2821
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Copay for doctor visit, meds at the drug store. I picked up a nasty upper respiratory infection. Not enough where I'm willing to take sick time off work, but still enough to annoy the hell out of my wife and give my students something to laugh about.

Old 10th December 2010, 21:35   #2822
arenee

okay i just bought a microwave popcorn. this presto is sweet. my brolaw just had triple bypass surgery so he has to watch him salt, carb, and calorie intake. the presto allows you to pop popcorn without oil so it's like a hot air popper or with oil like it's a pot on your stove. loved the one i got him so much i got me one. lol
Old 30th December 2010, 17:01   #2823
fc*uk

I have had it with Torq's sound problems.
Old 2nd January 2011, 04:52   #2824
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

^I have had good luck with that and used to use it religiously when doing dj jobs. I hope you like it.

Old 3rd January 2011, 01:47   #2825
fc*uk

I really really like Traktor. When I sold my 1200's and purchased a more economical (space) midi controller, I actually was using traktor first. Unfortunately, the first midi controller I bought was shit and about a year later I got a more professional one from m-audio. It was tied hand and foot to Torq.

Unfortunately, I got the m-audio controller when it was new and no one had made a tks file for traktor. So, I started using Torq. I always wondered why 95% of the time there was always clipping on the kicks when two tracks were mixed. At first I was told that this was because the time stretching algorithm used in the current version of Torq (then 1.0.5) blew and I should wait for it to be updated in 1.5, which was only a few months out. Until then, I should just be careful.

After a year Torq 1.5 finally got to see the light of day, the time stretching algorithm was indeed much improved, and the clipping happened on the kick drums about 90% of the time. Kept on thinking it was me, that I really could not key music, or had somehow forgotten how to beatmatch somewhere between the 1200's and the midi controller.

After another year, I copied a tracklist of a set from a very professional DJ. I reproduced their set almost exactly, but there was one difference: mine sounded like shit. I know this DJ well and knows she only mixed harmonically after keying all of her own tracks ... so there was one off the table. Yea! I can still key music properly!

A few weeks later, I got a mailing from a DJ shop I frequent selling Traktor for just about 66% off list price. It was too good to pass up. I went back to that DJ's set and ran through it using Traktor and what do you know ... Yea! I can still beatmatch!

So, in the end it was bye bye Torq. This software does really suck and I would advise that absolutely no one use it.

As for Traktor, yeah. I'm really sorry I ever left it. There is a reason why all of the most well known DJs are using Traktor or Serato and next to no one uses Torq. I do however fear that Traktor is going to be the gateway drug for an S4 as it is a much better controller for the software when compared to my Xponent.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:43   #2826
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Good stuff - I just have v3, so yours is much newer.

Last bought - $480 for a PA teaching license ($160 x 3 licensure areas), just for a chance to get an interview in one state. Fucking bullshit if you ask me. This doesn't guarantee anything, it only makes you eligible to be interviewed. We're not really looking to leave our current jobs, but we might entertain offers to move closer to family. We also paid dozens of dollars on fingerprint background checks and child abuse background checks that were also required. This on top of hundreds of dollars in Praxis exams that had to be retaken since the old scores expired...

Old 17th January 2011, 23:48   #2827
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I picked up this for my parents.

Old 18th January 2011, 08:12   #2828
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
I picked up this for my parents.

did you get it from a museum?

been a long time since i've seen phones without cords that lose service at the front door.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Old 18th January 2011, 18:23   #2829
rockouthippie
Banned

I didn't buy it, but Google sent me a Logitech Revue Google TV box for free, since I signed up as a developer for it. Since they haven't given us a SDK for the stupid thing, I think that was sort of weird.

Anyhow. If I had bought this box, I probably would have returned it. This little atom box has the potential to be a great toy. It isn't there yet. I wish the netbook I bought last year had been as good at playing video.

I guess there is a new software patch coming out in February. I'm going to reserve final judgement until I see that and to see if they release a decent SDK. For now, it's very, very beta. I wouldn't buy this box. The $300 price tag isn't worth it.... yet.

It's got some very stiff Roku and Apple TV competition at < $100. If I were Google, I would have gave this a little more polish before I let it out the door. It might still not be worth $300.
Old 19th January 2011, 04:48   #2830
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-DAMN-Much View Post
phones without cords that lose service at the front door.
There are very inexpensive plans that allow unlimited-time calling to anywhere in the country available to landlines, for less than half the price of the lowest, very limited cell plans. Plus, my parents are like me - they feel if they're out, they're out: away from the phone. My dad makes my mom carry a cheap pre-paid cell phone for a feeling of security, but it stays off almost 100% of the time.

Between my wife and me, we do have one cheap flip-style (razr) cell phone, but we only really use it when we travel. We have texting blocked and the cheapest plan available. I never carry it, and never really bothered with them prior to meeting her, except when the job required/paid for it. Nothing against cell phones, I just don't really have a need for them. Plus, once I leave town to go to work, they have no service anyway. In rural Iowa (same as my last home in South Dakota), being stuck while lucky enough to have a cell phone is just as inconvenient as being stuck without one. One would need some sort of satellite phone combined with clear weather to communicate wirelessly here.\

Finally I hate recurring expenses with a blinding passion. One year of the cheapest plan on a cell phone is $600.00... for one year. I've had this thing for 3.5 years. Let's see, that makes well over two thousand dollars for this thing that I almost never use...

Old 19th January 2011, 10:47   #2831
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
There are very inexpensive plans that allow unlimited-time calling to anywhere in the country available to landlines, for less than half the price of the lowest, very limited cell plans.
strange, both of the last two carriers i used (AT&T and T-Mobile) included unlimited nationwide at no extra cost...

Quote:
parents
ah now it makes sense, silly baby boomers... errr.... dinosaurs

Quote:
Finally I hate recurring expenses with a blinding passion. One year of the cheapest plan on a cell phone is $600.00... for one year. I've had this thing for 3.5 years. Let's see, that makes well over two thousand dollars for this thing that I almost never use...
i pay around $80 total for my cell phone bill, no recurring membership or service or whatever tacked onto that, apparently it's $350 if i cancel the plan i got the droid x with before two years time though (won't happen though and the phone cost me $50 out the door) and it should be noted that's including as many texts as i could ever manage to send and more data transfer than i would ever expect a phone to handle, the data plan is the spendy part on most nicer phones though, it's $30 a month and mandatory for smart phones.

the part about recurring charges is strange though.... are they monthly? quarterly? or what?
and is your carrier one of the big three or four? or some mom and pop thing? or (worst of all) cricket?

Old 19th January 2011, 23:32   #2832
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

The lowest priced regular cell phone plan I can find here is $39/month which comes out to $50/mo after taxes and fees, which is about $600/yr. Only thing cheaper would be a pay-as-you-go, but Renee wasn't up for that... and since she makes half the money here, I wouldn't have reason to argue. Carrier is Alltel, transitioning to AT&T.

Our land-line accounts for about $16 (after taxes/fees) of our cable/internet/phone bill and includes unlimited anytime domestic calls. I fax a few times per week from home too, so the land-line is necessary for that too.

My parents are actually a bit older than baby boomers (mid 70's), further reinforcing your point. They both know how to use the cell phone that my mom carries around; it's just very rare, maybe 2-4 very short calls/month that they do - like if one's in town and wants to know what the other wants to be picked up.

Old 20th January 2011, 02:01   #2833
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

ah you have the landline bundled with other services, that explains a bit, the company probably cuts you a better deal for having multiple services with them, we looked and i can't remember the exact figure for each month, but it was comparable to the cell monthly cost.

Old 20th January 2011, 08:38   #2834
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

This might help you then if you ever wanted a landline. Pretty reasonable pricing, far lower than any cell phone bill.

Also, on the topic of the thread, today I dropped another $50 in gasoline for the truck and an additional $39 for the car. Kinda hits hard if they get low at the same time.

Old 20th January 2011, 09:29   #2835
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

thanks for the suggestion i guess, but all three people who live here have cell phones and they're all on 24 hours a day so a landline would be nothing but redundant.

[on topic] yeah, gas is over $3 a gallon here lately, was at around high to mid $2 range for a while though.

oh and, i bought mc donalds for dinner, not sure if that counts but oh well [/on topic]

Old 21st January 2011, 07:27   #2836
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

2 bags of popcorn at the basketball games tonight for 50 cents each/$1 total (game admission is free for staff members, so no cost there). I was cheap enough that I didn't buy a drink though, just used a squeeze bottle for fill-up at the water fountain. Big spender tonight!

Old 29th January 2011, 16:04   #2837
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

New mouse:

Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 29th January 2011, 17:33   #2838
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock923 View Post
New mouse:

Logitech Performance Mouse MX
that one has the wheel that switches from free spin to click to click scrolling right?
let us know when the wheel gets too dirty to spin freely if it is, i have 3 free replacements (lost the damn bluetooth connectors though) from logitech gathering dust of the older MX (one of the first that had that) hell who knows, if they've made it possible to clean the wheel mechanism i might even tempt fate and get one of their mice again.

Old 29th January 2011, 18:09   #2839
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

For years I had an MX1000. It was the perfect mouse but it finally died and they stopped making it.

I will see how this one goes. I think it's one of the ones with the free-spinning wheel, yes.

Old 30th January 2011, 10:09   #2840
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

right and you can like push a button or the wheel in a certain way and it goes to having notches too? or?

this:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/428/130
is the logitech one that kept committing suicide to give me four free replacements.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions