Old 8th August 2008, 14:16   #1
Cloudchaser

Auto save suggesion

You know how if a user alters the playlist and closes Winamp without savin' it just closes and auto saves the playlist? IMO, I think it would be a better idea for the user to be asked if they want to save insteas of an auto-save
Cloudchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 16:31   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Not possible (yet - in case your "wish" is ever implemented) but here's a workaround for now...

First, empty your playlist so there are no entries at all in it. Close Winamp (properly, so it saves its settings).

Next, with Winamp closed, browse to your Winamp folder on your HDD (using either My Computer or Windows Explorer) and set the file attributes for both these files to read-only...
  1. Winamp.m3u
  2. Winamp.m3u8
Reopen Winamp. It will open with an empty playlist each time from that point forward, regardless of what entries are populating the playlist when you close Winamp (because Winamp won't be able to write/make changes to Winamp.m3u and Winamp.m3u8 any longer).

If you ever decide you want to reverse the behavior, then remove the read-only attributes from Winamp.m3u and Winamp.m3u8, so they can be written to again.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist