Old 5th March 2006, 23:26   #2121
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Balayop
hey everybody

I confess i didn't read the whole thread (not because i'm lazy, but because it's really long)

Anyway, for the moment, when installed in the library, I have 3 panels going :
1: Dynamic Library
2: The root folders
3: The results

IMHO, one of them is too much (actually, the first one is useless). I don't if it's because DL can be both used as a separated window & included into the library or what but...

(sorry if this has been mentionned before)
Drag the window devider to the left to hide the first

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 00:25   #2122
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
i thought he was talking about having dl in the ml...

It doesnt really matter all future versions of DL will not have media library support. too much of a hassle...
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 06:06   #2123
Paparazzi

Since Iplaywithspoons is having trouble getting DL to integrate into the SingleGUI skin and PJN123 is having a similar issue with the Nullsoft Media Player - SUI, I'm depressed I'll have to stick to the older version of DL ... thats the one that exists now!
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 17:50   #2124
AsHopeDies

Bug when using with Winamp 5.21: find file in playlist displays desktop :-/
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 18:35   #2125
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by AsHopeDies
Bug when using with Winamp 5.21: find file in playlist displays desktop :-/
that is known bug. 'extended dyamic library-menus in the playlist editor' is broken in wa 5.2.
just wait for brand new dl.(ref)
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 09:25   #2126
Dick65

Re: send-to from PlaylistEditor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
For some time already the send-to from PlaylistEditor did not work for me (in fact the context item "dl" was missing completely). So I made a clean installation. The context item in the PE is back and the programs do start. But unfortunately without the files that DSL was supposed send. Find in DL does not react, either.

The whole send-to feature works fine from DL window but not from PE.

Anybody have an idea, why and what to do about it?

Still using 5.094 with DL latest beta 32.3. Same thing with 5.12. W2K. I'm having DL send to feurio_write, mp3gain and mp3tag.
In case anybody cares. This send-to from PlaylistEditor is broken since 5.094. With 5.093 it works fine.
Same goes for the drag'n'drop from PE. Since 5.094 you can d/d only one file.
So now I'm back to 5.093, as DL is a must for me.
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 09:40   #2127
TazDevil

Re: Re: send-to from PlaylistEditor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
In case anybody cares. This send-to from PlaylistEditor is broken since 5.094. With 5.093 it works fine.
So now I'm back to 5.093, as DL is a must for me.
Its jsut that development is slow so we amy not see any updates for a while... Current bugs cannot be fixed no matter how sevire they are, as the hole thing is written from scratch, and betas will begin from square 1 as well.

As for DnD and PE -> sent to works perfectly for me and i have Winamp 5.13 and DL 32.3, have you tried 5.13 (i'd suggest you to try that), maybe it was an issue upto 5.12 i dont remember.

AS you i am stuck with 5.13 until someday DL is compatiple with 5.2+

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 10:56   #2128
Dick65

TazD

DnD from PE(latest build) works fine with WA5.13/5.20. But DL does not. So I'm stuck with 5.093 until Joonas has re-written Dynamic Library.
Old 19th March 2006, 00:41   #2129
Dick65

Re: Re: send-to from PlaylistEditor

Quote:
Dick65
I was wrong: It's not the different Winamp versions. It's AdvancedTitleFormatting. If ATF is active all's fine, all selected files get dragged by d'n'd and sent by DL-sendto. If ATF is deactivated both do not work.

Maybe this is useful to someone.
Old 19th March 2006, 13:49   #2130
EnsconcE

I don't know if it is posted already but in version 2.0 beta 32.2 Always search from the top-root function does not work. I use winamp 5.21.
When i select Always search form the top-root the option is selected but does not work at the moment i select this option. Besides that, when I close the option menu and I reopen it, the option is not selected while before I closed the option menu I had selected Always search from the top-root.
EnsconcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 19:25   #2131
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsconcE
I don't know if it is posted already but in version 2.0 beta 32.2 Always search from the top-root function does not work. I use winamp 5.21.
When i select Always search form the top-root the option is selected but does not work at the moment i select this option. Besides that, when I close the option menu and I reopen it, the option is not selected while before I closed the option menu I had selected Always search from the top-root.
As always, any bugs are ignored until I find the time to finish the rewrite..
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 11:38   #2132
poisonborz

Joonas, everyone knows you're working on the rewrite... But could you give us some info how much you've done, in % perhaps? When do you expect it to be finished?
poisonborz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 19:29   #2133
Joonas
Forum King

Say 40%...when I'm done I don't know. Haven't written a single line in two weeks

I'll try to make some work done this weekend...
Old 29th March 2006, 00:01   #2134
ycomp

REQ: ability to flag folder as "hot" or similar

Hi,

I use Dynamic Library to organize all my live shows. As I suspect many people do. It is great for this.

What would be really cool though, would be the ability to flag certain folders (shows) as "hot". And to be able to filter the DL to show only the "hot" shows.

anyhow please consider this. thanks.
ycomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 11:10   #2135
Dick65

Flags for folders

I assume that this would divert to DL's philosophy of mirroring the files' contents and not build an internal database.

How about adding a key word to the folders' names (such as "hotshow". The standard search filter also looks in folder names for a match.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:02   #2136
AsHopeDies

Come on Joonas, you got to have some prealpha of rewrite or something for us to play with....
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 00:19   #2137
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by AsHopeDies
Come on Joonas, you got to have some prealpha of rewrite or something for us to play with....
Or just let us know you are still alive will do for now

Old 26th April 2006, 22:16   #2138
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
Or just let us know you are still alive will do for now
Hehe, I am alive. Actually did some work on DL today. not much though...damn I have so many ideas but just no time to complete it
Old 27th April 2006, 02:09   #2139
jojo 544
Major Dude

Never mind, take all the time you need. 32.3 does the job very well for now
Though i must say i'm a bit curious what next DL will be like

Old 30th May 2006, 20:26   #2140
maurits

Hi Joonas,

How's the rebuilt going. It's been over a month since you've left us an update about your progress. Can't help it asking... just too damn curious!

Greetz,

Maurits
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 21:01   #2141
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by maurits
Hi Joonas,

How's the rebuilt going. It's been over a month since you've left us an update about your progress. Can't help it asking... just too damn curious!

Greetz,

Maurits
And in one month not that much has happened. what time I have at the time is poured into the drag n drop plugin...
Old 31st May 2006, 16:37   #2142
maurits

That sounds like we've got to have a lot more patience before the new (and better?) version of DL will be ready. R U still working on it or did you put the project on hold?
Old 31st May 2006, 17:28   #2143
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by maurits
That sounds like we've got to have a lot more patience before the new (and better?) version of DL will be ready. R U still working on it or did you put the project on hold?
I'm working on it when I can...but it's not like I can pour an hour or two almost every day like I could when I was in school. Now when I'm working I maybe put the same amount into every week! (eek!)
Old 31st May 2006, 21:11   #2144
maurits

I can image that! Good to know you're still working on it. I'll try to have some more patience... Good luck and thanks for the update!
Old 17th June 2006, 19:02   #2145
Joonas
Forum King

Okay, not to get anyone's hopes up. But I have actually been doing some work on a complete rewrite. From the limited success I got from trying to merge my old code base into a newer one I found it a too daunting task. DL code base was kinda huge actually...

My initial progress here has been making it a ML-plugin instead. A lot could be gained from this and still let you out of ML (by allowing DL to break out to its own window.)

It would solve the cache not being saved properly (as at least TazDevil complained about) and you get DLinML that a lot of people have been asking about.

The problems then? Well...the idea was to use the ML database as much as possible, but still keep the DL-way of scanning your disc. The problem arise when the data you request isn't in ML. What to do then? The ML api has some update commands...but it doesn't seem to work okay. When I add files they don't end up in the correct media, but rather in some general area. Maybe benski can fix that, but still...it would also mean that DL would look at folders like watch folders do in ML. How to be sure which one gets there first? Should DL update? Should ML?

Some comments on this are of course welcome! After all this is pretty much a democracy project where I can overrule the senate and rule by decree (for those of you who are up to date on history )

Maybe if I don't tire on the way, there will be a new DL version by the end of the summer at the very latest. And maybe maybe some betas before that. Well I am rambling. Comments please. Is it still even something people want? Maybe ML is getting much better? (I know they are working hard on it...)
Old 17th June 2006, 21:52   #2146
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
hmm, about the scanning ML, can you get the strings that the user currently has for scanning folders. Then if DL finds new files, erase their current scanned folders, then only add the neccessary folders to decrease time (\mp3\music\ vs. \mp3\music\rock\) once the scan is done replace the 'scan folder' with what they had before. OF course you'd also have to mess with files that have been moved (you'd need to do a full scan to remove missing files, correct?) OR see if Benski can fix whatever you referred to.

If I remember correctly, i think Benski may be adding more tags to the ML. (they are already in the ATF, just not in the ML yet, that is what i eagerly await.) Winamp ATF wiki

Advances in ML have primarily been Will's portable media player plugins and the online services. nothing really to the playlists or local media.

With the 5.2 ML structure, do you think that you can capture the ml_plugins.dll and place them inside of the DL window?
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 22:27   #2147
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
hmm, about the scanning ML, can you get the strings that the user currently has for scanning folders. Then if DL finds new files, erase their current scanned folders, then only add the neccessary folders to decrease time (\mp3\music\ vs. \mp3\music\rock\) once the scan is done replace the 'scan folder' with what they had before. OF course you'd also have to mess with files that have been moved (you'd need to do a full scan to remove missing files, correct?) OR see if Benski can fix whatever you referred to.

No, that is not how I imagine it...I am not even sure this ML thing is a good idea...I won't hack into ML like that cause it will only make a mess. If the addorupdate api can be improved it might make it. Otherwise it will be up to the user to have the data in ML...otherwise it will read the files manually (which will be slow so it might be a good idea to keep ML updated)
Quote:
If I remember correctly, i think Benski may be adding more tags to the ML. (they are already in the ATF, just not in the ML yet, that is what i eagerly await.) Winamp ATF wiki
Yes but ATF is hardly even used in DL...
Quote:
Advances in ML have primarily been Will's portable media player plugins and the online services. nothing really to the playlists or local media.

With the 5.2 ML structure, do you think that you can capture the ml_plugins.dll and place them inside of the DL window?
no that is not likely. DL won't use more of DL than the database.
Old 19th June 2006, 18:55   #2148
EnsconcE

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
No, that is not how I imagine it...I am not even sure this ML thing is a good idea...I won't hack into ML like that cause it will only make a mess. If the addorupdate api can be improved it might make it. Otherwise it will be up to the user to have the data in ML...otherwise it will read the files manually (which will be slow so it might be a good idea to keep ML updated)
To get your point correctly, you want to use the files from de ML and show them in DL or do you want to use ML to scan the folders added in DL?

I love DL because you can add your own folders without using ML. ML is an extra that i don't use.

If you'll ask me, you better use dl as a seperate plugin. If you let DL handle all the work by itself, you will be able to make DL compatitable with older winamp versions.

PS
Correct me if i'm wrong and i love the idea that work is in progress, keep up the good work
Old 19th June 2006, 18:59   #2149
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
To get your point correctly, you want to use the files from de ML and show them in DL or do you want to use ML to scan the folders added in DL?

I love DL because you can add your own folders without using ML. ML is an extra that i don't use.
DL will use ML to store and retrieve the tags. It will not only show those files that are in ML.

Quote:
If you'll ask me, you better use dl as a seperate plugin. If you let DL handle all the work by itself, you will be able to make DL compatitable with older winamp versions.
by making DL a completely separate plugin there's a lot of stuff that has to be done...like storing a cache, something that didn't work too well (at least not for TazDevil )
Old 19th June 2006, 19:22   #2150
siebe83
Forum King

I think one of DL's main features has always been its independence of the ML. If DL used ML's cache, what would be its advantage over a plugin like ml_tree? That plugin has an option to show all files in ML according to their folder structure.

Wouldn't a mix of ML cache and DL scanning become really messy? And if it will be up to the user to keep the ML cache up to date, I don't quite see how DL is unique compared to ml_tree...
I know ml_tree is still in developmental stage, it's just that I think DL is different in not depending on the ML.

If your aim is to create a fully functional plugin that works like ml_tree (but with its own scanning??), then that's great as well of course. But it will be something else compared to what you have created so far.
Quote:
DL will use ML to store and retrieve the tags. It will not only show those files that are in ML.
Does that mean DL will still have some cache of its own?

Maybe I just don't fully understand what you're getting at

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 19:26   #2151
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
I think one of DL's main features has always been its independence of the ML. If DL used ML's cache, what would be its advantage over a plugin like ml_tree? That plugin has an option to show all files in ML according to their folder structure.

Wouldn't a mix of ML cache and DL scanning become really messy? And if it will be up to the user to keep the ML cache up to date, I don't quite see how DL is unique compared to ml_tree...
I know ml_tree is still in developmental stage, it's just that I think DL is different in not depending on the ML.

If your aim is to create a fully functional plugin that works like ml_tree, then that's great as well of course. But it will be something else compared to what you have created so far.

Does that mean DL will still have some cache of its own?

Maybe I just don't fully understand what you're getting at
Well the main difference between DL and ML is that DL scans the disc for what files you have, whereas ML (and ml_tree) only shows what's in the database.

What I am aiming at is scanning the disc (like always) but grabbing the tags from ML (determining if the data is accurate, like always) and displaying it.
Old 19th June 2006, 19:56   #2152
siebe83
Forum King

Ok, I see what you mean now (should've read your first post more carefully).

I personally wouldn't really mind DL using ML's cache (I use both the ML and DL), though I do think many users like DL's independency of ML. But maybe I'm wrong and most people won't mind...

As for the API issues, did you see the posts by abu here? (also see his second post a bit further down in that thread)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 21:16   #2153
maurits

Quote:
...like storing a cache, something that didn't work too well (at least not for TazDevil )
Let me back up TazDevil here. I've experienced some cache problems too. When closing Winamp and thus DL, Winamp crashed. On opening Winamp again all files in DL are being cached again. This takes quite a long time, i've got about 26k files to cache. But.... the problem is gone since i've installed 2 gb of memory (previous 512 mb). It looks like DL needed some more mem to save it's cache. It's no solution but maybe it gives you some insides in what's the problem.
Old 20th June 2006, 11:29   #2154
jojo 544
Major Dude

Hi Joonas,

The first idea for wa 5.2 DL re-write was to drop ML integration.
In that case i was considering to stick with the current DL and wa 5.13 version (like i'm doing now) for as long as possible.
Now I'm happy to see that you changed plans and want to make DL a ML plugin.
If DL could benefit from using ML info that would also be a good thing, why do double work slowing down things !
If ML is missing that info or it is incorrect or outdated, DL should still be able to do the work itself tho.

Since the developement of DL is slowed down, my responce also did , but i still keep track of the developements.
My intrest is still up coz DL is still the most usefull plugin ever for me.

Old 20th June 2006, 13:26   #2155
Joonas
Forum King

@jojo: that was the idea...to avoid double data

To not make it a ML-plugin will slow down this project a bit...cause I would have to do so much more stuff myself then. I guess I would have to implement some other database...maybe SQL Lite or something to store the info instead...or I dunno?

The ayes and the nays are quite evenly split so I dunno where to go...so I work on the drag 'n drop plugin instead
Old 20th June 2006, 14:22   #2156
TazDevil

lol
(sorry for spamming)

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 20:43   #2157
Couch

Hey, nice plugin .

I'm just having a problem with it (not sure if anyone else has): it seems that if I don't have an ID3 tag on my files (I hate having to write them up) then it displays the whole file tag (ex: Author-Song) in the Title bar in DL.

If anyone has a fix that'd be nice. Thanks.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 20:51   #2158
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Couch
Hey, nice plugin .

I'm just having a problem with it (not sure if anyone else has): it seems that if I don't have an ID3 tag on my files (I hate having to write them up) then it displays the whole file tag (ex: Author-Song) in the Title bar in DL.

If anyone has a fix that'd be nice. Thanks.
It displays the filename in the title bar. That is by design.
Old 20th June 2006, 21:08   #2159
EnsconcE

Quote:
@jojo: that was the idea...to avoid double data

To not make it a ML-plugin will slow down this project a bit...cause I would have to do so much more stuff myself then. I guess I would have to implement some other database...maybe SQL Lite or something to store the info instead...or I dunno?

The ayes and the nays are quite evenly split so I dunno where to go...so I work on the drag 'n drop plugin instead
Ok, i see what you want to do. But if DL has to do some work on it's own isnt it easier just to only use a own created database? When the database is created you save the size of the folder and if that size is different then you know you have to scan again(just a thought that was running through my mind).

To get back ontopic, if you use the tags from ml, don't you need to have some backup that will be able to scan the tags?
Old 20th June 2006, 21:58   #2160
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Ok, i see what you want to do. But if DL has to do some work on it's own isnt it easier just to only use a own created database? When the database is created you save the size of the folder and if that size is different then you know you have to scan again(just a thought that was running through my mind).

To get back ontopic, if you use the tags from ml, don't you need to have some backup that will be able to scan the tags?
Yes well...if I have to build a whole database design by myself and all...the project will be pushed back a great deal. A lot of more code has to be implemented then.

[edit]
But I suppose I will have to. Doesn't seem to be much support for the ML idea...and according to siebe's link it's buggy too
[/edit]
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development