Old 20th June 2006, 23:00   #2161
Couch

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
It displays the filename in the title bar. That is by design.
Yes, but before it used to split the file path into two (Artist into artist section, Title into title section).

Now it doesn't do that.

Edit: I'm getting used to it all just being under Title. It doesn't matter anymore.

Love the plugin Joonas, please update it when you can find time.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 06:51   #2162
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Yes well...if I have to build a whole database design by myself and all...the project will be pushed back a great deal. A lot of more code has to be implemented then.

[edit]
But I suppose I will have to. Doesn't seem to be much support for the ML idea...and according to siebe's link it's buggy too
[/edit]
Wait it out. It may be a bug relating to splitting up the ML in different ml plugins (seeing that the issue reported by abu was introduced in 5.22), perhaps Benski will look into it for one of the next releases...

It's not a bad idea. The only thing DL would have to do is to check if a file is present/up-to-date in ML, and if not add it to the ML database, right?

Just make a prefs page with options like
- Display metadata (if unchecked, show filename)
- Use ML data (if unchecked, DL will scan itself but won't have a cache)
- Update ML data if necessary (if unchecked, any new files won't be cached)

That way, people will still have the option to use DL without ML (i.e. last two options unchecked), but then they won't have cache.
(but in that case you can't make it a ml plugin I guess... Oh well, I'm rambling...)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 08:49   #2163
AsHopeDies

Is it safe to say that the project is dead?
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 08:59   #2164
Finch75

no, it's just in a coma... it could wake up any time!

But you know... it's hearing us and we need to talk to it and show some optimism! (and hold its hand)

:-D

P.S.: Hey Joonas: Maybe you could post something like "have spent another 2 hours with DL this month" every couple of weeks to keep us optimistic :-)
Finch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 12:06   #2165
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Finch75
no, it's just in a coma... it could wake up any time!

But you know... it's hearing us and we need to talk to it and show some optimism! (and hold its hand)

:-D

P.S.: Hey Joonas: Maybe you could post something like "have spent another 2 hours with DL this month" every couple of weeks to keep us optimistic :-)
exactly, it's in a coma...
I've spent all the time I've had on my hands on the Drag n drop plugin the past few weeks, and now I am on vacation and doesn't really have access to the code.

I had some inspiration before but when I realized that my ML-idea wasn't that good (?) I had to think about creating my own cache again, which of course would extend the whole development a bit, and I just didn't have the time and energy to do that.
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 11:27   #2166
jojo 544
Major Dude

I think the ML idea is not bad at all, infact i never updated winamp since 5.13 because that way can still use the lateset DL beta in ML.
I also remember in the past there were a lot of people asking to make DL a ML plugin.
If using ML is easier for you that's another reason.

If you don't have the time to rewrite the plugin in the near future, maybe you could just make some fixes so that the latest beta would work with the new winamp versions, or is that more dificult that it looks?

Enjoy your vacation

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:51   #2167
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
If you don't have the time to rewrite the plugin in the near future, maybe you could just make some fixes so that the latest beta would work with the new winamp versions, or is that more dificult that it looks?
I have decided to go with this idea. I don't think I will ever have the time to really complete a full rewrite, so I plan to begin with fixing the Playlist related issues and then rewrite certain parts one after another.
Old 11th August 2006, 21:49   #2168
Mouser X

This might not be the place to mention this, but I have run into a few issues with the Dynamic Library. I'm using version 1.03, which is why I wasn't sure if this was the right place. Anyway, it seems the DL can only keep track of a specific amount of file extensions. In other words, if I "Select All" from DL's options, roughly 1/2 of my extensions are ignored. Quite possibly more. I know that if I click "Select All," that MP3s aren't selected, because the list is to long. Is it possible to fix this? Or, ist there a suggested work around? Anything? Also of note, it seems that the last entry/selection for extensions is some conglomerate mess. What I mean is, the last extension that's highlighted is often, if not always, something like "MZTMZTMZT" or "ZSTZSTZST" or "PCEMZTZZST" or something similar. Though, I think it's related to what file types you have selected, as to what the last selection will look like.

To verify which extensions are selected, I clicked "Select All," and then went to Winamp's file types menu, to see which extensions were video extensions. When I went back to DL's menu, a huge portion of my extensions were no longer selected. So, I unselected those I didn't want, or wouldn't need, and selected those I did want which were further down the list. I went back to Winamp's file types, then back to DL, and still not all of the extensions I wanted were selected (I'm in the "P's" right now, I think).

RAM: 512mb
Page/Swap file: 512mb
CPU: AMD 64bit 2ghz
Winamp: 5.23

Anything else you need? And, if there's a newer version of DL I should be using, could you tell me where/how to get it? From what I've seen of DL so far, it does look pretty good. However, with the limitation on the selectable/searchable extensions, DL has very limited use to me, since it would seem that most of the extensions I would use it for can't be selected (there's just not enough slots available, I guess).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. It would be much appreciated. Mouser X over and out.
Mouser X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 07:58   #2169
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser X
This might not be the place to mention this, but I have run into a few issues with the Dynamic Library. I'm using version 1.03, which is why I wasn't sure if this was the right place. Anyway, it seems the DL can only keep track of a specific amount of file extensions. In other words, if I "Select All" from DL's options, roughly 1/2 of my extensions are ignored. Quite possibly more. I know that if I click "Select All," that MP3s aren't selected, because the list is to long. Is it possible to fix this? Or, ist there a suggested work around? Anything? Also of note, it seems that the last entry/selection for extensions is some conglomerate mess. What I mean is, the last extension that's highlighted is often, if not always, something like "MZTMZTMZT" or "ZSTZSTZST" or "PCEMZTZZST" or something similar. Though, I think it's related to what file types you have selected, as to what the last selection will look like.

To verify which extensions are selected, I clicked "Select All," and then went to Winamp's file types menu, to see which extensions were video extensions. When I went back to DL's menu, a huge portion of my extensions were no longer selected. So, I unselected those I didn't want, or wouldn't need, and selected those I did want which were further down the list. I went back to Winamp's file types, then back to DL, and still not all of the extensions I wanted were selected (I'm in the "P's" right now, I think).

RAM: 512mb
Page/Swap file: 512mb
CPU: AMD 64bit 2ghz
Winamp: 5.23

Anything else you need? And, if there's a newer version of DL I should be using, could you tell me where/how to get it? From what I've seen of DL so far, it does look pretty good. However, with the limitation on the selectable/searchable extensions, DL has very limited use to me, since it would seem that most of the extensions I would use it for can't be selected (there's just not enough slots available, I guess).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can offer. It would be much appreciated. Mouser X over and out.
Try the 2.0 version when I am done fixing the Winamp 5.2 issues. I don't fix 1.03 bugs anymore :P
Old 12th August 2006, 08:41   #2170
Mouser X

Quote:
Try the 2.0 version when I am done fixing the Winamp 5.2 issues. I don't fix 1.03 bugs anymore :P
Fully understandable. That being the case, what's the current condition of 2.0? I'd just like an idea of how it's shaping up right now. Of course, I don't expect a release date, that'd be stupid. Though, even a "most likely within a year," is fine with me, but a "sometime soon. Perhaps a couple of months or so," would be appreciated more.

Or, as often happens when a question like this is asked, you could ignore the question, or say "It's ready when it's ready." Anyway, I just thought I should let you know of the bug I encountered. That way, you're aware of it, and it will hopefully be fixed in 2.0 when it comes out. Good luck on the project. I look forward to giving it a test run when it's available. Mouser X over and out.
Mouser X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 08:48   #2171
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser X
Fully understandable. That being the case, what's the current condition of 2.0? I'd just like an idea of how it's shaping up right now. Of course, I don't expect a release date, that'd be stupid. Though, even a "most likely within a year," is fine with me, but a "sometime soon. Perhaps a couple of months or so," would be appreciated more.

Or, as often happens when a question like this is asked, you could ignore the question, or say "It's ready when it's ready." Anyway, I just thought I should let you know of the bug I encountered. That way, you're aware of it, and it will hopefully be fixed in 2.0 when it comes out. Good luck on the project. I look forward to giving it a test run when it's available. Mouser X over and out.
The 2.0 version was developed for quite a while earlier when I was still at the university. Track back in this thread and you'll notice that a lot of work was put into it.

Then I decided that a big chunk had to be rewritten (about at the same time that I had to start work for a living ).

But a release that fixes some incompabilities with Winamp 5.2 shouldn't be that far off.

I am not completely sure what you mean by your last post, that's why I suggested you try the 2.0 version first. It might or might not have been fixed already.

If the bug is still there, post step by step instructions of how to reproduce it, what you want to happen and what does happen.

Regards,
Jonas
Old 12th August 2006, 08:58   #2172
siebe83
Forum King

Could it somehow be related to this?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=238906
(i.e. OS limitation of 260 characters when filtering dialog results;
not sure how DL handles this...)

As for the decision to fix up the existing beta, sounds great

Old 12th August 2006, 13:52   #2173
maurits

Quote:

Enjoy your vacation
Big YES over here Joonas! I'm looking forward to using DL with winamp 5.2. Good luck fixing the main issues in the resent beta.
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2006, 07:30   #2174
rollingthunder

How to Prevent Rescanning on Startup?

Very new to use of DL, but I love it. However I thought I had found the way to disable the automatic scanning of Joonas Dynamic Library when Winamp starts.....however, the application still restarts the scanning whenever Winamp is opened. I don't want this. I have far too many files to use the "dynamic" part of the plugin....and the scanning takes nearly 10-12 minutes. How can I disable this autoscan? I just want DL to use a cache or whatever of the last scan....and then add new files as I obtain them rather than rescanning.

I've deselected the auto-refresh button for each drive/root directory under the miscellaneous tab. Should I also deselect "use cache".

Thanks to any one who helps out.
rollingthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 07:52   #2175
verachtung

Hi joonas

I want to know if you have a newsletter or mailinglist i can write me in, because i look since months every week in this thread in hope v2 of DL is released by you and now i thought it would be more confortable with a newsletter because it's even a search through google find this thread :X

do you could do that?

i can't live without DL!

-your most sexy groupy

@rolling

Go in Winamp Preferences --> Dynamic Library --> Roots
There you can disable the check at "Cache File Tags automatically on Startup" (v2b38)
verachtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2006, 08:21   #2176
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by verachtung
Hi joonas

I want to know if you have a newsletter or mailinglist i can write me in, because i look since months every week in this thread in hope v2 of DL is released by you and now i thought it would be more confortable with a newsletter because it's even a search through google find this thread :X

do you could do that?

i can't live without DL!

-your most sexy groupy
I guess I should take a look at something like that, this weekend. G/f is going away so maybe I'll finally find the time to actually implement the little changes I want done before a new release.

Quote:
@rolling

Go in Winamp Preferences --> Dynamic Library --> Roots
There you can disable the check at "Cache File Tags automatically on Startup" (v2b38)
You can't skip the actual scanning of the files (aka determining which files is on disc). DL is a Dynamic Library...so skipping the dynamic part is not an option...
Old 24th August 2006, 11:26   #2177
jojo 544
Major Dude

Re: How to Prevent Rescanning on Startup?

Quote:
Originally posted by rollingthunder
[B]...and the scanning takes nearly 10-12 minutes.
Very strange, how many files do you have then, and what system are you running? I have about 11.000 files and the scan takes about 20 seconds on my other XP system, CPU running at 1500 Mhz (AMD athlon xp 1800) with 256 Mb (sd)ram.
Quote:
I just want DL to use a cache or whatever of the last scan....and then add new files as I obtain them rather than rescanning.
That's how it's suposed to work, but somehow for you the caching seems to fail. what version of DL do you use?
Quote:
I've deselected the auto-refresh button for each drive/root directory under the miscellaneous tab.
That option doesn't change startup scanning time.
It only prevents DL from updating the root 'realtime' when file changes are made.

Old 27th August 2006, 14:50   #2178
Joonas
Forum King

Well, I can post even now and say that the next DL version won't be finished today. Just too many things that broke down as I tried to push the new cache into play.
Old 28th August 2006, 07:40   #2179
azizabdulmalik

Send a message via Yahoo to azizabdulmalik
Hi all,
What kind of script can we used for write a Dynamic Library?
Thanks.
azizabdulmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 07:49   #2180
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by azizabdulmalik
Hi all,
What kind of script can we used for write a Dynamic Library?
Thanks.
Huh?
Old 28th August 2006, 11:10   #2181
poisonborz

...hooray... can't wait to use the... new winamp already
(with dl)

...anyway, I've got a strange bug(?) recently... DL won't cache the tags, just the files. Whatever I do in the settings, DL just won't do it... a cache of 24thousand files is builded up in just 6-8 sec, of course without any tag info. The only info shown in the filelist is the filename... Either this is a bug, or just some real lame mistake by me.
poisonborz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 11:17   #2182
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by poisonborz
...hooray... can't wait to use the... new winamp already
(with dl)

...anyway, I've got a strange bug(?) recently... DL won't cache the tags, just the files. Whatever I do in the settings, DL just won't do it... a cache of 24thousand files is builded up in just 6-8 sec, of course without any tag info. The only info shown in the filelist is the filename... Either this is a bug, or just some real lame mistake by me.
Try deleting the cache file. It has probably been screwed up...
Old 28th August 2006, 11:24   #2183
poisonborz

Quote:
Try deleting the cache file. It has probably been screwed up...
That was the first thing I tried...didn't help. That's why I was mentioning the (too) fast build-up of the cache. Strange thing is, that it is still 34MB big..

Last edited by poisonborz; 28th August 2006 at 11:39.
Old 28th August 2006, 11:55   #2184
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by poisonborz
That was the first thing I tried...didn't help. That's why I was mentioning the (too) fast build-up of the cache. Strange thing is, that it is still 34MB big..
I remember that being a problem sometimes....dunno what was causing it though...
Old 28th August 2006, 12:30   #2185
jojo 544
Major Dude

@ Poisonborz:

Do you have the MP3Pro decoder plugin?
I remember it caused same kind of problems for me.

Old 28th August 2006, 12:35   #2186
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
@ Poisonborz:

I remember it caused same kind of problems for me.
Yeah that was it!
Old 28th August 2006, 21:51   #2187
poisonborz

Quote:
Even I remember now That was the prob, thanks.

Note: If there'll ever be a documentation for DL2, this should be mentioned.
Old 28th August 2006, 22:19   #2188
jojo 544
Major Dude

It is not a problem of DL, the mp3pro decoder hasn't been updatet for years, and is very buggy at the least.
It causes a lot of other issues also (see here), and mp3pro is a dead format, so i got rid of my mp3pro files.

Old 2nd September 2006, 10:45   #2189
EnsconcE

If you do a rewrite of 2.0 Beta 32.3 then i have a small bug to report: the function "Always search from top-root (empty searches still use selected folder)" doesn't work. I can set the function on, but when i check back on the tab search the function still is disabled.
EnsconcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:17   #2190
ruprickt

Trouble with large files

Joonas, thanks for writting the DL. its quite good. i have been using Media Monkey for a while becuase it has this ability to simply move through files based upon location. One issue with Media monkey is that it does not handle tags with ACC files and i have a lot of those.

i have read the entire thread here and would like to report an error but i am no sure if its the DL or just problems win winamp. i have a very large music library - about 35,000 songs and 270 GB. i store this on an external 300GB drive and connect this via USB connection so that i can take my music files with me and i run them from an IBM X60 with lots of memory.

when running files from my hard drive directly i have no problems however when i try to play files from the 300GB external drive i have a lot of problems and WINAMP acts very eratically sometimes not playing and sometimes skipping around the first few seconds of play in repetition.

have you heard of this error? do you think it related to the DL or do you think that its a WIMAMP problem.

i dont seem to have these problems with Media Monkey however if i queue up large selections in shuffle mode i will also have crashes on that that will require a complete system restart.

would appreciate any help you can give. thanks.
ruprickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 15:08   #2191
ysqure3

For some reason, sorting in the folders doesn't work for me. I want it to sort first by track #, then by year, then by artist, but if I leave the folder (say by clicking another folder in the treeview then clicking back) the listview is sorted very weirdly. It keeps the artists in alphabetical order, but within them there's no sorting that I can discern, though it seems to be a consistent order.
ysqure3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 15:13   #2192
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ysqure3
For some reason, sorting in the folders doesn't work for me. I want it to sort first by track #, then by year, then by artist, but if I leave the folder (say by clicking another folder in the treeview then clicking back) the listview is sorted very weirdly. It keeps the artists in alphabetical order, but within them there's no sorting that I can discern, though it seems to be a consistent order.
There won't be any bug fixes for the DL version you guys are using. I am currently rewriting (and I am actually doing it!) everything!

If any admin can lock this thread I'll start a new one when there is something to test.
Old 15th September 2006, 15:53   #2193
Finch75

I am *strictly* against (technically) locking the thread because everybody who cares about DL and waits for an update is now subscribed to the thread... I don't usually visit the WinAmp forums and *really* don't want to come here every couple of days just to see that there's still nothing new about DL :-(((

Can we "verbally lock" the thread? Let's TRY:

PLEASE... PEOPLE...

STOP POSTING (bug reports) HERE ! ! !

=== o-,, ===

:-)
Joonas - maybe you could post a status update / ETA every (other) month or so to keep our spirits up :-)
(especially if you actually really are currently working on it :-)
Finch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 16:16   #2194
siebe83
Forum King

Speaking of this thread...

All links on the website point to this URL as the DL discussion thread (this thread).
This thread now has a different id:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=253637

How the hell did that happen?

Good to hear you're working on it again

Old 15th September 2006, 17:27   #2195
DrO

that might have been my fault when i merged a few posts in a while back (never seem to get that done right )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 17:32   #2196
siebe83
Forum King

Heh ok, that'd explain it
Time for me to change some links I guess (if this thread stays open, that is). The DL part of the site could need some updating anyway though...

Old 18th September 2006, 21:07   #2197
Joonas
Forum King

A little update on my progress...

* GUI basically done except the preferences
* Database finished, it stores and loads scanned data.

I should point out that a lot of crap functionality will be dropped, and some functionality will be dropped initially as well.
Old 21st September 2006, 19:55   #2198
AsHopeDies

Quote:
A little update on my progress...

* GUI basically done except the preferences
* Database finished, it stores and loads scanned data.

I should point out that a lot of crap functionality will be dropped, and some functionality will be dropped initially as well.
Can't wait for the first betas
What will be dropped i.e.?
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 22:48   #2199
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas ... a lot of crap functionality will be dropped...
I can't find any crap functionality
Rather than having a new release soon,
i prefer to wait another year or 2 not loosing any functionality

Old 21st September 2006, 23:36   #2200
AsHopeDies

Quote:
I can't find any crap functionality
Rather than having a new release soon,
i prefer to wait another year or 2 not loosing any functionality