Old 9th January 2003, 19:00   #1
raydream
Banned

Put up or shut up.

recently, many users of this forum, i wont comment on the duration each have been here because it's irelivent, but anyway, recently, many users have decided to leave, which is there own choice, though triggered mainly by the banning of a certain member, since thattime, peoples attitudes have fallen through the floor, normally passive members are adopting a "well if your going to bad for..., then i dont give two ...." attitude, i think the situation is becomming utterly childish, picking apart each and every post, and stabbing at anyone you can, and its starting to piss me off.

many users are now anti-admin, and specifically show their dislike for the moderators descisions.. and that REALLY pisses me off.
it has since the time ive been here, been "Why dont you ban him, you wuss", or "your all nazis" attitude toward moderators, give them a break, if you truly dislike how this forum is run, bloody well leave, dont moap around bitching about it in the hope to change things.

a few users will now want to pick apart this very post and bite back, but i urge you not to bother, my main statement is that if you dont like the forums, or how they are run, leave, because no actions or comments by you will change that, and if you cant deal with it, then your not going to enjoy being here, so as the topic states, put up or shut up.

and for christs sakes, stop crying about who leaves and who doesnt, they were not forced by anyone.
raydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:05   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:06   #3
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
ditto

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:14   #4
Orgone_Man
Major Dude

Orgone_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:17   #5
james
Forum PFY
(Major Dude)

Orgone_Man: Same to you.

He uses statistics like a drunk uses lamp-posts: for support, not illumination.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:21   #6
raydream
Banned

everyone bar herbster just proved my point.
Old 9th January 2003, 19:25   #7
Velouria

Send a message via ICQ to Velouria
raydream - I'd hardly call using a smilie "picking your post apart"

And what, you expect people to not reply?
Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:31   #8
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

we need to stop with the posts on this shit..move on..get a life..who the fuck cares...
im gonna find me a game to play with trigear.

come along dre..

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 9th January 2003, 19:31   #9
Trigear
bear!

let's play doctor!
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:33   #10
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

ok..but your the sick one!

- Mr.Jones
Old 9th January 2003, 19:35   #11
Trigear
bear!

fine by me. wait, where are you sticking that stethescope? ah! cold!
Old 9th January 2003, 19:39   #12
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
In summation: don't try to change things.

What kind of attitude is that?
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:40   #13
Trigear
bear!

come on, j, jump into the status quo. mediocrity is fun. pass the bong.
Old 9th January 2003, 19:46   #14
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR
come on, j, jump into the status quo. mediocrity is fun. pass the bong.
The really funny thing is, these forums have really been boring recently...I'd look in from time to time, and it was same shit, different day. Now they are fun to read again. I guess I'm one of those kooks who prefers a good argument.
Old 9th January 2003, 19:48   #15
Trigear
bear!

i do too, but it's hard to argue with someone who refuses to see the opposing point of view (rm').

similarly, it's hard for me to argue because i see good and bad points in every argument.
Old 9th January 2003, 19:53   #16
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Burnaway
In summation: don't try to change things.

What kind of attitude is that?
The kind of attitude that the people paying for the server appreciate. Why is that such a problem?

"Can Bobby come over to play, Mom?"

"No son, every time Bobby comes over he starts calling your older brother a Nazi because we ask him to look after you guys while we're at work."

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 19:59   #17
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

lol

- Mr.Jones
Old 9th January 2003, 20:02   #18
Trigear
bear!

nice little allegory, gonzo. i love those!
Old 9th January 2003, 20:04   #19
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzotek
The kind of attitude that the people paying for the server appreciate. Why is that such a problem?

"Can Bobby come over to play, Mom?"

"No son, every time Bobby comes over he starts calling your older brother a Nazi because we ask him to look after you guys while we're at work."

-=Gonzotek=-
Well, if the people paying for the server appreciate lock-step conformance with the status quo, and blind faith that mods are always right, then maybe nazi is the right word. Please note however that I have never called anyone here a nazi, ever. I choose to believe that this place is strong enough to take a little criticism. If your attitude is the prevailing one of the leaders of this forum Gonzotek, then randman had the right idea - leave before this place becomes a mindless Dragonball Z discussion group.

If and when you get a set of blinders with your winamp forums member email, that will be the day this place dies.

And don't take every post that challenges that idea that things are perfect here as an endorsement of rm' - I think he rightfully got the boot.
Old 9th January 2003, 20:40   #20
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Burnaway
Well, if the people paying for the server appreciate lock-step conformance with the status quo, and blind faith that mods are always right, then maybe nazi is the right word. Please note however that I have never called anyone here a nazi, ever. I choose to believe that this place is strong enough to take a little criticism. If your attitude is the prevailing one of the leaders of this forum Gonzotek, then randman had the right idea - leave before this place becomes a mindless Dragonball Z discussion group.
1. I'm not allowed backstage access, so I wouldn't know what the prevailing attitude is. I do know however, that people who intentionnally and persistantly aggravate me are not welcome at _my_ house or on _my_ website. I assume that most reasonable people would feel the same way. But that's just an opinion.

2. "Nazi" wasn't used by you, ok, I understand that. My little allegory was directed at the forums in general. So I offer my apologies if it seemed I was putting words in your mouth.

3. I feel Randman DID ACT APPROPRIATELY. He decided the place wasn't for him and left...he didn't hang around pestering the people who do enjoy it here and those who have to do the work. He stated his case and split, without taking anyone down with him or any other kinds of nastiness.

The words "beating a dead horse" come to mind for some reason.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 20:58   #21
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Well, since the horse is dead, it won't mind a few more smacks.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the way this place is run. However, I reserve the right to complain if I ever do have a problem, and as long as I stay within the forum rules, I should be allowed to do so. I realize that this forum is not subject to freedom of speech laws, but it should be able to put up with some discussion over whether those running it are doing a good or bad job. Modship does not equal automatic guarantee of infallibility. The mods are people too, and as prone to mistakes as the rest of us. In my opinion, they should actually be held to a higher standard of conduct than your average member, because theirs is a position of responsibility. Again, I don't have a problem with the mods in particular or in general - I just want the ability to air my views if I do.

By the way, hasn't this place always been subject to these types of discussions? If so, than decreeing that there should be no more talk about change is in itself a call for change.
Old 9th January 2003, 22:25   #22
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
edit: nevermind

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 22:50   #23
henry3k56
Forum King

Not a complaint about this publically.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 23:16   #24
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Pixie, can I play too? Maybe I can be the doctor and you can be my nurse
GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2003, 23:25   #25
raydream
Banned

your sick dude, pixie, he needs you :P
Old 10th January 2003, 01:34   #26
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Re: Put up or shut up.

Quote:
Originally posted by raydream
if you truly dislike how this forum is run, bloody well leave, dont moap around bitching about it in the hope to change things.
so many things wrong with that statement, but then again, i'm thinkin on a larger scale which wouldn't appl yhere most likely, so f*ck it.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 07:29   #27
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

ah the hell with it..i need a full staff and 60cc of ****** for dre...STAT!

- Mr.Jones
Old 10th January 2003, 09:22   #28
Trigear
bear!

i'm still alive :P and i don't need no ****** :P
Old 10th January 2003, 10:39   #29
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Hey everyone. We do try to change stuff when it's clear that it's necessary for communal harmony, and as such we always listen to advice about the forums.

We're all human. Mistakes are made, tempers are, um, poked or something, and shit happens sometimes.

Every moderator here is human, and tries damn hard to make everything as cool and easy as possible.

Please, give us a collective break.

Peace.
-jaz

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 10:40   #30
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Quote:
Originally posted by iomegajaz
Every moderator here is human, and tries damn hard to make everything as cool and easy as possible.
..except swag

and can i please take this chance to point out that i have no problems with the moderator group in general.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 10:42   #31
raydream
Banned

thats what my post was about, but it seems to have been taken out of all proportion, almost all problems here are usually directed towards the admin and moderators, placing most of the blame on them.

as said a few days ago, the forums are what we make them, but constant bitching to change something already decided on does nothing but be annouying. even though im not a moderator, i dont enjoy pages and pages of "why dont you" etc to mods and admins
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions