Old 3rd February 2013, 03:30   #1
Jdeez

A way to change a song's start time?

I just recently (As in, a couple of hours ago) migrated here from itunes, and am having trouble finding this option, if it's available. I already scoured the stickies and FAQs using ctrl+f, however I have not found a solution. Thanks!
Jdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 04:19   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Jdeez,

I'm aware of an old plug-in that lets you do this (among other things), but if you are using an OS more recent than XP there are only 2 ways to use it.

The plug-in needs to store data in the Winamp plugins folder. With the default installation location, this is a restricted folder in the newer OS versions. So in this case, Winamp must be run under Administrator mode to allow the plug-in to work.

The other option is to install Winamp in a non-restricted location (like directly off the drive root or as a sub-folder of the user data folder). This could interfere with other 3rd party plug-ins that expect Winamp to be installed in its default location.

The plug-in is called "Pepper" (link below). Look in the section called Spices. I've been trying to contact the developer to ask him to do a compatibility update for the newer Windows versions. No luck yet.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/pepper-...d-tricks/91119

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
song time, songs, start time, time