Old 13th March 2005, 17:41   #41
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

/edit oh duh I misread something. Lemme edit this out. My bad. Once I edit that out there's nothing left but something I said before-- beg your pardon.

/edit What I'd misread was batch rename from ID3, I thought it was in regards to batch tagging.

/edit So long as I posted may as well mention the beta is working just fine, is fast, & is giving me no trouble at all.

Last edited by Thunder Pussy; 13th March 2005 at 18:04.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 00:23   #42
jojo 544
Major Dude

edit:
Lion, About the other person who offered to help making ML integration:
Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
Someone else has offered to do it for him a looooong time ago too, but i asume that's forgotten by now.
i found it back here. Maybe you can add that to your list
I still support the idea, not that i like the ML that much, but in lots of skins the place for the ML could automaticly be taken by DL, instead of keeping it a separate window.
BTW, some of your wishlist is already in DL, like the thing you called 'play all'='preform action on all files in the listview' in pref's. /edit

I think in 1.0 some rightclick root options were greyed in some cases. not anymore?

another one: see screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doubble.jpg (16.9 KB, 418 views)

Last edited by jojo 544; 14th March 2005 at 01:05.
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 11:53   #43
Lion12

Quote:
BTW, some of your wishlist...
It's not MY wishlist - it's just a bookmark list of wishes came up with the old thread.
Quote:
...is already in DL, like the thing you called 'play all'='preform action on all files in the listview' in pref's.
I didn't catch your words. Thought i scratched out nearly all satisfied wishes.

Its too late to edit my post im afraid.

No, I'm not Lion King - neither related by marriage!
bookmarks: Joonas | DrO | shane.h
discussion bookmarks: DL | AL | JTFE | TRAP | Toaster | AWA | SUI | MlTree
Lion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 13:13   #44
glop

ask for 1.1

Hello

i just need on thing :

1> in the DL, right clic ona mp3 and "Add to list" wait i know it's included, but i can't create one directly in the DL
For example i have no playlist..i right clic on one mp3 ...create one and see it immediatly

2>After create to see the playlist in the tree (auto refresh)

glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 13:18   #45
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
- Ok, I tried to install Dynamic Library in WinME
Installed fine, prefs were accessible. But when I right-click Winamp > Dynamic Library, nothing happens. No popup, no crash, no empty window; nothing. So all I could do was mess around a bit in the preferences. I added a playlist root, no problems (bit useless, but well) and I tried to add a folder root and then Winamp crashed... "Winamp has caused an error in SHELL32.DLL. Winamp will now close". No big deal of course, WinME is simply not supported.
Shortly put: no popup message in WinME when you try to load DL.
DL 1.0 9x version
Can you try the Win9x version in ME?
It didn't work in 95 Nunzio said...but it worked for me in 98.

we have to decide on the info he wanted too. You got ICQ or MSN or something? Perhaps we should get some better forum than this to talk with
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 13:59   #46
tracerh
Banned

Tried the 9x version on 98se with unicows.dll on the path and it worked OK.

Without unicows it didn't. I got 'requires XP/2000' message on startup. It's listed in prefs but that's it. And winamp performed illegal operation on exit.
tracerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 14:35   #47
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by tracerh
Tried the 9x version on 98se with unicows.dll on the path and it worked OK.

Without unicows it didn't. I got 'requires XP/2000' message on startup. It's listed in prefs but that's it. And winamp performed illegal operation on exit.
Okay, but everything worked fine with unicows.dll?

That's good to know. Maybe I could release this as a seperate plugin or something then for those still in the 9x world...
Old 14th March 2005, 15:32   #48
DRothmaler

Send a message via ICQ to DRothmaler
MP3/CUE Support

First of all: Thanks for this great plugin...

And now my Future idea: I think it would be great to have support for CUE-Files in the same style as Playlists...

Or, what do you think about this..?
DRothmaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 15:43   #49
Joonas
Forum King

Re: MP3/CUE Support

Quote:
Originally posted by DRothmaler
First of all: Thanks for this great plugin...

And now my Future idea: I think it would be great to have support for CUE-Files in the same style as Playlists...

Or, what do you think about this..?
Cue files? as in bin/cue??
Old 14th March 2005, 16:00   #50
glop

uuuh Joonas, someone.."""1> in the DL, right clic ona mp3 and "Add to list" wait i know it's included, but i can't create one directly in the DL
For example i have no playlist..i right clic on one mp3 ...create one and see it immediatly""""

what do you think about it ?
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 21:42   #51
Dick65

Wish list

Top on my wishlist is Tagging - renaming with mp3Tag:
Winamp plugin available from PEditor's and especially DL's context menu to send marked files directly to mp3Tag.
Incidentally right now there is an idea discussed in the German mp3Tag forum to write a plugin for Winamp. The approach is to let the plugin build a temporary playlist and convey that to mp3Tag. Most of the plugin is said to be done, but implementation in ML's context menu does not work.
I have asked for possibilties in PE and DL.

Second on the list is send to playlist from PlaylistEditor. But Joonas mentioned more than once that it is hard to determine which files are marked in th PE. So I gues this will not come too soon.

Also on my list is a merged Super root to be able to browse across partitions.

Very good idea: Let repair broken links browse all roots.
//edit// Damn! This already works! And it works great! //edit//

Question: What are smart playlists?
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 22:19   #52
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
DL 1.0 9x version
Can you try the Win9x version in ME?
It didn't work in 95 Nunzio said...but it worked for me in 98.
Works fine

Tried it first without unicows.dll > didn't work. Message popped up telling me I needed 2k or xp...
Then with unicows.dll in windows/system folder and it worked great! It would add roots (folder/playlists), read tags, store it in cache, save it on exit, etc... No crash on exit btw...

Some issues though:
- I right-clicked column headers and deselected a column. Nothing happened.
- Scroll bars are fucked up. In treeview no scrollbars at all, in listview only horizontally. But even that one didn't work how it should... (I could drag it to the right, but not to the left; had to click the small left button and it would scroll very slowly to the left)
- When right-clicking an item in the listview, all menu entries except for the play/enqueue actions aren't working. The right-click menu in treeview works fine though...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2005, 23:29   #53
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Re: Wish list

Quote:
Incidentally right now there is an idea discussed in the German mp3Tag forum to write a plugin for Winamp. The approach is to let the plugin build a temporary playlist and convey that to mp3Tag. Most of the plugin is said to be done, but implementation in ML's context menu does not work.
I have asked for possibilties in PE and DL.
Question: What are smart playlists?

Relevant thread on the winamp forum http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=210230 i knew i recognized that guys name from somewhere.

A:I'll assume smart playlists are like the smart views in the media library.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 08:16   #54
DRothmaler

Send a message via ICQ to DRothmaler
Re: Re: MP3/CUE Support

Quote:
Cue files? as in bin/cue??
Yes and No, mp3/cue combination are used to rip compilations or live albums without gaps.
Then you have one big MP3 for the complete album and a cue file to access single titles...
To play them in WinAmp you can use the "CUE Player" PlugIn... I attached a ziped sample cue-file
Attached Files
File Type: zip example.zip (700 Bytes, 331 views)
DRothmaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 10:08   #55
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Works fine

Tried it first without unicows.dll > didn't work. Message popped up telling me I needed 2k or xp...
Then with unicows.dll in windows/system folder and it worked great! It would add roots (folder/playlists), read tags, store it in cache, save it on exit, etc... No crash on exit btw...

Some issues though:
- I right-clicked column headers and deselected a column. Nothing happened.
- Scroll bars are fucked up. In treeview no scrollbars at all, in listview only horizontally. But even that one didn't work how it should... (I could drag it to the right, but not to the left; had to click the small left button and it would scroll very slowly to the left)
- When right-clicking an item in the listview, all menu entries except for the play/enqueue actions aren't working. The right-click menu in treeview works fine though...
Scrollbars will probably not make the transition to Windows 98/ME. Windows 95 will probably never work :/ sorry, it's just too much API lacking in that OS...
The rest of the things are fixable. Will just need some rewritten code since 98 doesn't act like 2k/XP really...

I will make this 9x version when I get the time. Probably won't be done until this weekend or beginning of next week. That also means that there won't be any new 1.1 betas until that time. Wish I could do this fulltime but alas I can't...

Keep posting ideas, I am putting them in the todo-list and will consider the value of each submission
Old 15th March 2005, 13:23   #56
jojo 544
Major Dude

Ctrl+A missing in menu

listvieuw rightclick menu, select all Ctrl+A
Old 15th March 2005, 22:14   #57
Joonas
Forum King

Again I surprise myself. 9x version should be done now. Had to cut out Send to-menu too. Not worth the pain of rewriting that code I thought.

Test it, see if it works if you have the need of a DL for 9x systems (not 95 though )

/Joonas
Old 15th March 2005, 23:25   #58
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

question: in rightclick menu for listview, it lists goto folder hotkey as Ctrl+G, but when you rightclick treeview in search mode, the hot key is Alt+G. Is it possible to consolidate the two hotkeys?

ALSO, to make a distinction between the folder in DL and the folder in windows, perhaps make a distinction like 238=Open Folder in Windows
Old 16th March 2005, 00:02   #59
Lion12

9x version

Quote:
Again I surprise myself. 9x version should be done now. Had to cut out Send to-menu too. Not worth the pain of rewriting that code I thought.

Test it, see if it works if you have the need of a DL for 9x systems (not 95 though )
Got going my old machine again to try 9x version. Only got it started with unicows installed. Think you should mention that somewhere. Else it says "only running with 2000/XP" - confusing for a 9x version.
I can't add a whole drive root - displays "&/\²$%§&((%$/%*'" and "folder is unavailable". Folders work though. Everything else seems to work too.

Old 16th March 2005, 07:29   #60
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
[B]question: in rightclick menu for listview, it lists goto folder hotkey as Ctrl+G, but when you rightclick treeview in search mode, the hot key is Alt+G. Is it possible to consolidate the two hotkeys?
The distinction is because you can right-click in the listview and Select Go to folder too which is Ctrl+G.
Right click on a folder is Alt+G.
Old 16th March 2005, 08:13   #61
Joonas
Forum King

Re: 9x version

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion12
Got going my old machine again to try 9x version. Only got it started with unicows installed. Think you should mention that somewhere. Else it says "only running with 2000/XP" - confusing for a 9x version.
I can't add a whole drive root - displays "&/\²$%§&((%$/%*'" and "folder is unavailable". Folders work though. Everything else seems to work too.
Added a readme, some changes in the dialog messages and a fix for the add folder. This 9x version will only be semi-supported though in the future. And likely it will never be a 9x 1.1 version. Even more new stuff in 1.1. But 1.0 should work on 9x now though. Enjoy.

File is in my signature.
Old 16th March 2005, 11:34   #62
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 4

* Ctrl+A fixed.
* A little fix in the update code. Hopefully DL shouldn't lock up if there are major updates going on in the file system.
* Double-click on song in DL should first check if song is already in Winamp playlist before adding. Will always play though. And only affects double-click. If you want duplicates you can use key shortcuts or right-click menu.

Language file update
[Preferences]
70=If file is already in Playlist, play it. Else do default.
[Menus]
31=Open folder in Windows Explorer
47=<Add new>

Quote:
i just need on thing :

1> in the DL, right clic ona mp3 and "Add to list" wait i know it's included, but i can't create

one directly in the DL
For example i have no playlist..i right clic on one mp3 ...create one and see it immediatly

2>After create to see the playlist in the tree (auto refresh)
This I have interpreted like the <Add new> menu that has been included under Send to->.
Is that was what intended?
Old 16th March 2005, 12:25   #63
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Double-click on song in DL should first check if song is already in Winamp playlist before adding. Will always play though. And only affects double-click. If you want duplicates you can use key shortcuts or right-click menu.
For me it plays the song next under the existing one. exept when it's the last song. All when shuffle is off. With shuffle on it plays a random song, but not the one double clicked.
Old 16th March 2005, 12:40   #64
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
For me it plays the song next under the existing one. exept when it's the last song. All when shuffle is off. With shuffle on it plays a random song, but not the one double clicked.
Strange, works perfectly for me. Anyone else?
Old 16th March 2005, 13:11   #65
mrym

working fine here.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by joonas
* General 31=You have made a change that requires Dynamic Library to update its mirror structure. Do this now?
* General 32=%i file(s) were updated.

But... General has only 3 lines... And assuming you meant Messages...
Messages 31=You must activate the Dynamic Library before you can change root paths. Sorry!
you don't mention about this yet.
is this correct?
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 13:17   #66
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
working fine here.

What exactly do you do jojo? if it works for both me and mrym maybe we aren't talking about exactly the same things?

Quote:
Quote:
But... General has only 3 lines... And assuming you meant Messages...
Messages 31=You must activate the Dynamic Library before you can change root paths. Sorry!
you don't mention about this yet.
is this correct?
It's supposed to be [Messages] yes. The line 31 you mention is obsolete and scrapped though.

31=You have made a change that requires Dynamic Library to update its mirror structure. Do this now?
32=%i file(s) were updated.

Those are two new for 1.1 lines under [Messages]
Old 16th March 2005, 14:02   #67
Dick65

Quote:
Joonas... Beta 4 ...
This I have interpreted like the <Add new> menu that has been included under Send to->. Is that what was intended? [/B]
Works fine, nice feature.
However, in the course of saving that m3u I get a box that says "file does not exist - create it?". Can I avoid this unnecessary question? Or is it intentional and people need this?

Quote:
Joonas... Beta 4 ...
* Double-click on song in DL should first check if song is already in Winamp playlist before adding. Will always play though. And only affects double-click. If you want duplicates you can use key shortcuts or right-click menu.
It works. Nice feature, too. But it does not behave as default (my default e.g. is enqueue). All it does is play - just as you say.
What's the use of this feature? Wouldn't it be more beneficial a notification would pop up saying "song is already in playlist - add it anyway? yes/no!" ?
Can't you make this working for ENTER (incl SHIFT+ENTER and CTRL+ENTER) as well? And to behave as default?
Old 16th March 2005, 14:04   #68
mrym

@jojo
are you installed DrO's gen_nos.dll and enabled "Advance to next on stop" option?
i can reproduce this problem with gen_nos enabled.
Old 16th March 2005, 14:09   #69
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
Works fine, nice feature.
However, in the course of saving that m3u I get a box that says "file does not exist - create it?". Can I avoid this unnecessary question? Or is it intentional and people need this?

It is intentional. but perhaps it shouldn't be?

Quote:
It works. Nice feature, too. But it does not behave as default (my default e.g. is enqueue). All it does is play - just as you say.
What's the use of this feature? Wouldn't it be more beneficial a notification would pop up saying "song is already in playlist - add it anyway? yes/no!" ?
Can't you make this working for ENTER (incl SHIFT+ENTER and CTRL+ENTER) as well? And to behave as default?
I can make it work like that... That's actually an even better idea

Quote:
@jojo
are you installed DrO's gen_nos.dll and enabled "Advance to next on stop" option?
Hmm, I didn't have that plugin. But if you are already playing it will indeed jump to next. But if you don't play it will do it right. I guess I have to make sure Winamp is STOPPED before I start changing playlist position. Will look at that later...
Old 16th March 2005, 15:30   #70
mrym

i know this is not working yet though, drop down menu of "Treeview position" having w2k bug (narrowed button).
Old 16th March 2005, 16:51   #71
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
@jojo
Yes next on stop i have.
But if Joonas is going to change this function like Dick65 sugested, i guess the problem wil be automaticly removed
Old 16th March 2005, 17:42   #72
Lion12

language file

Quote:
I've uploaded a beta 2 now. Language files should work...I know this is quite important for some (especially the French ) so I thought we should get that to work right away.
Quote:
...obsolete and scrapped though....
Perhaps it's an absurd proposal: What about to upload lastest language sample file whensoever you release a new beta - and add this to your sign? Considering the unnecessary questions come up it might be a facility for you (and the German - also the Frensh by any chance )
Quote:
Originally posted by Siebe
When you try to load a 1.0 language file in DL 1.1, it would be nice it would be able to read the line "This language file is not made for this version of Dynamic Library etc..." and display it. As it is now, it won't read the file at all (I think?), doesn't give an error and it looks as if the file has been loaded when you look at the miscellaneous tab. A bit of backwards compatibility would be nice (at least a message that it isn't backwards compatible ).
Totally concur - but the new composition is better by the way - maybe something to bear in mind in later versions.
9x version is done well now. Basics are satisfied.

Old 16th March 2005, 20:55   #73
Joonas
Forum King

@Lion12: Language file in sig.

About the double-click feature...I think I like it the way it is after all...I am not so sure I actually like a dialog popping up every time I happen to click a file already in the playlist...I can agree it is perhaps not too good if the file starts playing either...but I myself would prefer this...more opinions on this.

I want this feature just to prevent duplicates but then I ALWAYS have "Enqueue and play" set to double-click in listview. So it is kinda tagged to my liking right now

I have fixed the bug jojo has with DrO:s plugin anyway...so that's not an issue next time.

I will start work on the moving tree now.
Any posts are welcome in the meantime though...I will peek at the thread from time to time tonight.
Old 17th March 2005, 07:50   #74
Dick65

Quote:
Joonas I want this feature just to prevent duplicates but then I ALWAYS have "Enqueue and play" set to double-click in listview. So it is kinda tagged to my liking right now
Even if it is not your liking, you really need to keep up the user's preference. I.e. if "on double-click" is "enqueue" do not change the behaviour to "enqueue and play" whenever I click a song that's already in the playlist.
"Enqueue" is a typical dance party type. You pick songs that are meant to be played one after another (possibly with the help of a cross-fader). The least you need then is a break because you happen to click a song that's already in the list.

How about this:

If added file is already in playlist:
o allow
o prevent
o ask
Old 17th March 2005, 10:20   #75
Joonas
Forum King

Beta 5

* You can select right or left for tree. Is it really necessary to be able to put top or bottom?
* Moved playlist preferences to their own page, setting up the space needed when pls-support is coming up.
* Rearranged also to make room for the double-click thing...it is only hooked to the Enqueue and play from now on. Everything else just didn't make sense.
After all, Play wipes all, Enqueue possible could be connected to Ask and Allow, but not Play old occurence...
Enqueue after current too...but that last (which is what I really want) doesn't feel right then...
I dunno, opinions?

changes to the language file is limited to one new message and some new preferences. Sig-file is updated. Take a look there.
Old 17th March 2005, 14:36   #76
mrym

Quote:
* You can select right or left for tree. Is it really necessary to be able to put top or bottom?
i remember that the guy originally asked for move tree view feature wanted
move tree to top.
Quote:
* Rearranged also to make room for the double-click thing...it is only hooked to the Enqueue and play from now on. Everything else just didn't make sense.
After all, Play wipes all, Enqueue possible could be connected to Ask and Allow, but not Play old occurence...
Enqueue after current too...but that last (which is what I really want) doesn't feel right then...
I dunno, opinions?
working fine with or without gen_nos.
hmm...but i don't like preferences, it's not easy to understand.
attachment is my idea.
Attached Images
File Type: png pref.png (36.7 KB, 370 views)
Old 17th March 2005, 17:09   #77
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
i remember that the guy originally asked for move tree view feature wanted
move tree to top.
I want it Diagonal
Old 17th March 2005, 20:23   #78
jojo 544
Major Dude

I like the new double click thing.
I have an idea...
Who not call that checkbox: Don't alow Doubleclick action to create double entries?
If checked, Enqueue and play would then play old,
Enqueue would do nothing (or move to bottom of list?), enqueue after current would move the old after current. If not checked the behouviour would be as before this option existed.
Does that make any sence?

Edit: Another option idea (i'm having inspiration ):
'Make enqueue after current force shuffle off'
(i would make that checked by default)

Last edited by jojo 544; 17th March 2005 at 20:45.
Old 17th March 2005, 20:52   #79
Dick65

Quote:
jojo 544
I like the new double click thing. I have an idea...
Who not call that checkbox: Don't alow Doubleclick action to create double entries?
There goes my messagebox!

Quote:
jojo 544
Enqueue and play would then play old
... and move to bottom.

Quote:
jojo 544
Enqueue would do nothing (or move to bottom of list?)
I'd say move to bottom.

Quote:
jojo 544
Enqueue after current would move the old after current.
Yep!

Quote:
jojo 544
If not checked the behouviour would be as before this option existed. Does that make any sense?
Makes sense to me!

//edit//
On Enqueue and Enqueue after current:
What if the "old" track that is about to be moved to the bottom is the one currently playing?
Old 17th March 2005, 21:21   #80
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

request: collapse/expand all folders, on rightclick root folder.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development