Old 22nd June 2008, 23:12   #1
zootallure

Editing multiple songs

I switched from iTunes a few weeks ago ( I had enough of the "The original file could not be located. Do you want to locate it now?" message), and I have a question about editing multiple items: When I edit multiple items, the only thing I can edit for multiple items is the album name. If I edit a song name, then this song name is given to all selected items. How can I edit the song name one after another when I select multiple items? If I can do that, does Winamp change also the name of the original file in the folder where I keep the files? Can someone please be so kind to advise me what am I missing here?

Thanks
zootallure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 23:43   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

To mass edit songs in the ML, use right-click -> Edit Selected items.
To edit individual songs, use right-click -> View File Info

And no, Winamp doesn't physically move/rename any files.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:24   #3
youke03

Winamp doesn't physically move/rename any files
youke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:12   #4
zootallure

Thank you both. DJ Egg, I came to -> Edit Selected Items, but once there how can I update the song names? When I edit the songs and give them the song number, album name, artist, etc. and click -> Update, all the songs are named with the last song name I entered and they have all the same number. When I edit a song there should be an option like -> Next or something?
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:42   #5
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Well, that's what you are doing when you are editing multiple songs, you are changing the information for multiple songs at once.

Repeat if necessary.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:16   #6
zootallure

Well, in iTunes, for example, one could edit multiple items by selecting multiple items, rightclicking, selecting "Edit multiple items". Than you changed one item name, number, etc., among all selected items, then you clicked "next" and changed the second
item's name, number, the third, fourh, etc., and when you were done for all selected items you clicked update and all changes for all song were saved. Here, if I am not missing something, I can only update the artist and the album info, for the song name and number I have to use "View file info" and update the song names one by one?
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:36   #7
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Well, Winamp is not iTunes.

If you want to edit multiple files at the same time (with the same information):
To mass edit songs in the ML, use right-click -> Edit Selected items.

To edit a single file:

If you want to edit another file after that:

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:52   #8
zootallure

Thank you all, and yes, Winamp is not iTunes, please don't get me wrong, I switched because iTunes is not working properly and will use Winamp in future. I already imported the iTunes library to Winamp and uninstalled iTunes from my pc....I just have to get used to it and I am doing it every day more. While we are here, another question: Is it possible to print out jewel case inserts from Winamp? It is not of a big importance as I hardly use cd's anymore, but sometimes it happens that I do burn one...
Old 24th June 2008, 06:55   #9
bradmatic

If you highlight all the songs you want to edit and then click on "view file info" you can edit individual song info in a consecutive manner (after you click "ok" the next file info dialog pops up).
I think this is what you're talking about anyways.
"edit selected items" is more for making mass changes that are all the same (ie. album name, artist,...that kind of thing)
bradmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 10:34   #10
zootallure

Frank Zappa was singing: Dumb all over...As usual, things are made simple...Thank you!
Old 24th June 2008, 10:49   #11
zootallure

It did not come across my mind: In iTunes you change file data for all the selected files and then update them all at once, here you update one at time and when you click ok the next file info dialog pops up...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support