Old 26th December 2013, 15:51   #1
Bryon Stout

Spotify releases "spotiamp"

lol.. have you guys seen this?

http://spotiamp.com/

What is Spotiamp?
Spotiamp is a Windows program that lets you login to your Spotify account and play your playlists. You can also search for tracks to play, and there's a radio feature.
Spotiamp borrows the design of the UI from Winamp, an excellent MP3 player back in the days. Spotiamp aims to be resource efficient and perform in a really fast and snappy way.
How to use Spotiamp?
First of all, you need Spotify Premium to use this program. Sign up here if you don't have premium. Then, just install it and login to Spotify in the login window that pops up. Click the Eject button in the main window to see your playlists. Double click on a track to play it. Click the O button or right click in the Window to bring up the Settings menu. You can paste a link to a Spotify playlist on the main window using Ctrl+V.
Where do I download this awesome program?
Stable version:
Spotiamp 0.1 - Installer (.exe, Win32, 411kB)
Spotiamp 0.1 - Portable (.zip, Win32, 375kB)

Release Candidate of upcoming new version:
Spotiamp 0.2 - Installer (.exe, Win32, 448kB)
Spotiamp 0.2 - Portable (.zip, Win32, 405kB)
Change Log

For help, support, or comments, send an email to support@spotiamp.com, or visit #spotiamp on EFnet. Spotiamp also has a Forum where you may ask questions or post tips to other users.

Thank you Winamp - you really whipped the llama's ass
Additional features
Shoutcast server: Spotiamp features a builtin Shoutcast® server, so you can easily stream the music to any device supporting Shoutcast, such as Sonos. Just enable the Shoutcast server in the settings menu. The URL to play is: http://127.0.0.1:5010/play.pls. Replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP of your computer.

Winamp visualization plugins:Milkdrop Visualizer Spotiamp supports Winamp visualization plugins. Put them in a folder named plugins/ in the program folder. You can copy the vis_*.dll files (and necessary companion files) from Winamp. Then just open up the visualization menu by clicking on the small V to the left of the window and Start the plugin. In order for some plugins to work, such as milkdrop2, you sometimes need to copy the nscrt.dll file from Winamp 5.56. Put it in the same folder as Spotiamp.exe.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 19:20   #2
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
Yea I saw that. Wonder of you can put in your Shoutcast server you subscribe to and stream from your Spotify account or Live? And could this be the new buyer of Winamp/Shoutcast? If so Spotify would kill the need for a royalty license (possibly) since they already have an agreement with the record labels If that were the case I'd subscribe to Spotify and never worry about royalties. But what sounds too good to be true usually is. If they do not have agreements with the labels to allow folks to set up their own Radio station and kiddies round the world do this I have to say one word (maybe tow) RIAA Lawsuit.

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 16:08   #3
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

Wonder if they stole the Winamp graphics legally or illegally. The Spotiamp is pay-content.

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0
PulseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 17:30   #4
voodoohippie

Well if the later is true and they stole it you could say Bye Bye Spotify as AOL and Nullsoft would both sue them out of existence. Something tells me though the staff at Spotify can't possibly be that retarded to pull a stunt like that. But then again didn't the Mp3 player AIMP have a skin that looks like Winamp or am I missing something?

Old 27th December 2013, 17:47   #5
DrO

the 'base skin' has generally been provided as-is for skinners to use as a template so it's questionable about it's legality in a non-Winamp product but all this hype over it and people are forgetting that Winamp itself can run with that skin, it's some what ironic really... that and knowing about some of the people vaguely involved with the creation of the program.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 18:12   #6
BELLonline

Worth reading the small print at the bottom, Spotiamp wasn't created by Spotify so no one would be able to sue them for it. It was created by a third party and just uses the Spotify API:

Spotiamp is a Swedish product made by Ludde in Gothenburg, Sweden. Spotiamp is not an officially supported product of Spotify®.
BELLonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 19:06   #7
DrO

even though Spotify then proceeded to put it up on their blog, etc and thus is not surprising that others (i.e. general public) have then assumed that it's an 'official' thing.
Old 27th December 2013, 19:10   #8
voodoohippie

Thanks for the clarification on that one. Should have known what with the spotify hacks out there. At least it is chowing support in a way for Wonamp and could also encourage investors to make a bid for it before the website has to go offline (Which I really hope not). Winamp and MusicMatch Jukebox was the first two Mp3 players I installed around 2000 and loved Winamp ever since. Love the Converter to convert one format to another. Love the Auto Tagging feature too which I use for my Radio Station's content. That said it does show that folks don't want to see the end of Winamp.

Old 27th December 2013, 19:47   #9
Agorima

Spotiamp requires a premium account, so you must give out the money to use this program and listen some "cloud" music, which is on some server far away from you;
Winamp is basically free (not counting the Pro features) and you can listen your songs from your HDD, locally, without any time limits.

I prefer to listen my songs locally, I hate the "cloud" thing.
Agorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 20:05   #10
DrO

yet others much more prefer their music being accessible from anyway (hence the attempt of the Winamp Cloud product). but then as you note, there's people who prefer to have a local copy irrespective of things and that's how they prefer to go. however it cannot be forgotten that instant access / on the go is where things are now going and people sat at a computer listening to things is not the norm (even though there's many people who do likely still do just that).
Old 28th December 2013, 09:27   #11
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I hate services like Spotify and Last FM. i'd rather listen to my music streamed from RadioDJ to shoutcast into winamp.

The Spotiamp is just a gimmick to get people who like winamp to sign up IMHO!
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013, 11:28   #12
Jkey
Forum King

My kids did use spotify until I started making them pay for it

As for Spotiamp.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 05:07   #13
tommy_voodoo

it's not winamp, but it does support winamp2.x skins and plugins.. it's using open source code and displays a 2002 copyright from Xiph.org.. you know, the icecast folks.
tommy_voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 09:18   #14
DrO

it only loads vis plug-ins and loading classic skins is enough to fool a number of other users to think it's a Winamp clone. either way it doesn't matter much other than acting as one more piece in the rumour mill...
Old 28th April 2015, 16:32   #15
lmartins

spotiamp shoutcast

I connect spotiamp to my spotify premium account and it is OK.
Now I want to test shoutcast spotify, but I can't.
I enable spotiamp shoutcast server in settings, then i open the url http://127.0.0.1:5010/play.pls with windows media player or winmap but receive an error "error syncing to stream", if i stop play spotiamp no error but no sound too.

Help
lmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 17:21   #16
DrO

you should try contacting the spotiamp author(s) as there's nothing Winamp / SHOUTcast can do about such issues with it.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions