Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Old 8th June 2018, 14:57   #1
tlive

Streaming from software but fallback file playing

Hey all,

I've had a stream running for ages. I use SPL and it's showing that it's connected and streaming just fine to the server. However, listeners are hearing the fallback file instead of the music.

As a test, I created a new stream - again SPL is showing that it's connected and streaming to the server. THIS time, though, when I click on the stream URL (https://streaming.shoutcast.com/Tuesday-sLiveRadio), I get an error: "The file you requested could not be found".

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. This would appear, on the surface, to be a problem with the Shoutcast server, but I'm not sure. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark
Tuesday's Live
tlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 15:10   #2
clickeducativo

Sufro el mismo problema, alguien sabe que esta pasando? el por que no puedo reproducir mi servicio?

The file you requested could not be found

https://streaming.shoutcast.com/imrockin
clickeducativo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 15:25   #3
tlive

By the way, I should mention, too, that if I use the LISTEN URL - (http://listen.shoutcast.com/tuesday-sliveradio) it still doesn't work.
Old 8th June 2018, 15:36   #4
rgadea00

same problem here

Tengo el mismo problema desde hace unas 3 horas...
http://listen.shoutcast.com/radiocorporacion

I am having the same issue about 3 hours ago...
http://listen.shoutcast.com/radiocorporacion
rgadea00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 16:35   #5
QARadio

Streaming but fallback file is playing

I'm streaming ok, but since around 11am BST the stream stopped and putting out our fallback file instead. I've checked everything, is it a problem at the Shoutcast end?
QARadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 16:52   #6
jorge soto

Same problem here, my enconder is streaming correctly yet the fallback file is the one that is on air.
jorge soto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 17:29   #7
Alsa2018

Does anyone have problem streaming today its been almost 6 hours? or its something wrong with my system!
Alsa2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 17:42   #8
payammedia

Problem

I have the same problem with all of my channels
payammedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 17:52   #9
tlive

If so many people are having the same issue then it must be shoutcast.
Old 8th June 2018, 18:27   #10
itsharrysteel

My stream is having the same error since around Midday (BST)
itsharrysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 18:41   #11
smythmcintosh

Connected But Unable to Play

Get message "Unable to Play the Radio Stream." No file found for http://listen.shoutcast.com/manzanitaradio. Going on for at least 5 hours
smythmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 20:24   #12
smythmcintosh

we are now operational
Old 9th June 2018, 01:39   #13
Alsa2018

Old 9th June 2018, 06:40   #14
Alsa2018

Shoutcast server not working, unstable!?

What is happening with shoutcast this isn't good! Its not stable the server its not working again, can anyone give us an answer what could it be and will it be fixed? Thank you
Old 9th June 2018, 09:40   #15
totalstar

Shoutcast only playing backup file on all streams?

Any update on the problems with Shoutcast??

It's a bit painful
totalstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 11:43   #16
vincentsemper

Today at 6.30AM CET it was working but unstable and later still the fallback as now.
For the few minutes the streaming was working i've also seen the now playing info not available from long time. Hope the service will resume soon after more than 2 days of issues.
vincentsemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 17:22   #17
itsharrysteel

It's becoming pretty rediculous how much it's going down now. I've used shoutcast for several years on and off and chose it to be the most reliable for a very important task and now it keeps going down. Is there any update on technical for this?
itsharrysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 17:23   #18
smythmcintosh

Connected But Unable to Play

It's happening again. Same experience as on June 8th. No file and unable to stream messages.
Old 11th June 2018, 16:14   #19
smythmcintosh

Can't Connect

This morning can't even connect. Invalid password message. Third day in a row with problems.
Old 11th June 2018, 18:33   #20
totalstar

Weirdly a couple of the streams have gone down this afternoon and won't log back in :/
I logged into the main shoutcast page but the activation pages of those accounts have disappeared.
Old 11th June 2018, 19:17   #21
totalstar

Is there any way of contacting shoutcast to inform them of problems??
Old 11th June 2018, 19:18   #22
smythmcintosh

New Activation Info

My activation info has also disappeared.

My player said it couldn't because of an invalid password. Then I received an email this morning that stated I was being migrated to Shoutcast 4 Business. I was required to use a new radio manager. I got a new stream ID and a new server URL. Was able to connect after making all the necessary changes.

When I try to play I now get an "unable to stream message." Also "file you requested could not be found."
Old 11th June 2018, 19:35   #23
smythmcintosh

New Subscription Service

Received an email this morning that stated the following : "Dear ..., your radio stations hosted on Shoutcast Streaming Service have been migrated to our new Shoutcast For Business hosting platform. We offer you a 3 months trial period. Before the trial ends, you will have the opportunity to subscribe and keep broadcasting with Shoutcast to avoid any broadcast interruptions."

Guess we are going to have to now "subscribe" to Shoutcast? Anyone else receive this?
Old 11th June 2018, 21:17   #24
totalstar

I've not had this.. Just screwed up the streaming for no reason :/

All well and good saying people have to start paying but the service is so unreliable
Old 11th June 2018, 21:50   #25
Kemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythmcintosh View Post
Received an email this morning that stated the following : "Dear ..., your radio stations hosted on Shoutcast Streaming Service have been migrated to our new Shoutcast For Business hosting platform. We offer you a 3 months trial period. Before the trial ends, you will have the opportunity to subscribe and keep broadcasting with Shoutcast to avoid any broadcast interruptions."

Guess we are going to have to now "subscribe" to Shoutcast? Anyone else receive this?
Yep. I got the same email too. I emailed the support team and asked if we're being forced to use the premium service or lost it all together.

I haven't got a reply as I'm writing this, but I'll update when I hear something.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 12:01   #26
Kemo

I have heard back from them, and from what I've read, we will be losing our free stations if we do not upgrade to the new paid service.

"You can indeed decide to keep using Shoutcast's services or not, we do only offer paid subscriptions for hosting.

However, note we propose the most competitive prices on the market!

No matter what you decide you have 3 months free, after that your radio stations will stop playing if you haven't upgraded.
Additionally, a way to help you cover your monthly fee would be to trigger ads on your stations."
Old 12th June 2018, 13:27   #27
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

I knew they couldn't keep the Shoutcast RMO free forever... It was only a matter of time before Radionomy found a way to monetize the services...

Makes you wonder if the Shoutcast DNAS server is going to be made a paid for app too?

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 15:51   #28
smythmcintosh

'm now getting a song playing a song playing in a loop. No idea where the music is coming from. It's hip hop song and I'm all jazz. Ready to delete station. Absolutely no help from support.
Old 12th June 2018, 16:07   #29
smythmcintosh

Alternatives

Anybody know alternatives to Shoutcast. Iv'e tried to get the Shoutcast 4 Business to work and have been unsuccessful. As I said before I now have a strange song playing in a loop which I can't seem to stop. I did receive an 81 page user's manual for the new 4 Business platform. Nothing else. No response from support
Old 12th June 2018, 16:48   #30
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalstar View Post

All well and good saying people have to start paying but the service is so unreliable
I take it you know the saying "you get what you pay for"

in this case nobody ever paid anything and since that is a fact no need to complain about the service.

If you start to pay for it and the service is bad, do tell

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
forumrules
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 18:34   #31
totalstar

I don't take issue with paying for a service NJK, had I been contacted and offered the option to continue using it under a paid option with better service I would consider it.

Instead they have simply stopped the streams from working without notice and blank anyone who contacts them.
If you want to encourage support from your clients an element of customer service would make sense.
I have been forced to find alternative streaming because shoutcast doesn't work
Old 12th June 2018, 19:46   #32
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Exactly the reason why i never gamble on one horse.

Free services either just vanish into thin air or the support is very bad.

I already took my stream elsewhere , not depending on shoutcast.

and that is not the link in my signature.

Just in case somebody is looking for an alternative

https://shoutcast-server.en.softonic...s/alternatives

forumrules
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
Old 13th June 2018, 03:52   #33
Kemo

I hate to use this saying but I've went "all in" with the new SC service. I have heard back from support. Bruno has been returning my emails. He switched me over to the new service this morning...which I was not happy about. I wanted to wait. My stream was working fine on the free service this morning before I replied back to his email. I've noticed that my stream is connecting faster. I'm having issues with the Nobex app and the meta tags for the track listings that were working this past weekend.

My show isn't until Saturday night and I plan on pushing the service to see how far it will go. I'm not going to pay $15 a month for the same **** that I got with the free. So, we'll see how it goes. I have emailed Bruno from SC again to tell him about the problems. We'll see if he replies again.

I'll let you all know how it goes this weekend. I might do a test run tomorrow night.
Old 13th June 2018, 09:22   #34
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Hey NJK I'd be careful sending people to Softonic for software they're ever so slightly dodgy... Not to mention the fact most of the tools you just suggested were for Windows 98.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 10:44   #35
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Just giving alternatives. i know it's an old link that was on this system as a bookmark.
But most of the sites already have upgraded software to work with Window 8 or 10.

btw. I never had any issue with softtronic when downloading software

forumrules
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
Old 13th June 2018, 15:23   #36
totalstar

Well, they've stopped all of my streams now with absolutely no contact so I guess they don't want the business!

Weird, luckily I've found another provider but it's a pain to update tunein etc.. :/
Old 13th June 2018, 23:03   #37
Kemo

Okay. For some of you that have had your free streams shutdown, here's a link for you to check out: https://shoutcastsupport.zendesk.com

I had to go through the old Shoutcast RMO page: https://rmo.shoutcast.com
to do the tweaking. I just changed the server address, and my user ID/password in Shoutcast DSP. They changed my user ID to a new one during the upgrade.
Everyone is supposedly getting 3 months of premium for free. After the 3 months if you don't subscribe to the new service, you'll lose your station/s.

So far my issues are with the meta data in the web player. Last night I had a picture of Bruno Mars in player instead of my logo, and it was showing a Bruno Mars track list and I was playing Tchaikovsky. I'm waiting for SC to get back to me with those issues.

I'm not getting any playback problems. I'm running a test broadcast right now to see if the audio cuts out or not.

This past Saturday was the best broadcasting night I've had all year. No issues and everything worked like it's supposed to.
Old 15th June 2018, 16:07   #38
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalstar View Post
I don't take issue with paying for a service NJK, had I been contacted and offered the option to continue using it under a paid option with better service I would consider it.

Instead they have simply stopped the streams from working without notice and blank anyone who contacts them.
If you want to encourage support from your clients an element of customer service would make sense.
I have been forced to find alternative streaming because shoutcast doesn't work

Hi

Emails were sent out informing all broadcasters of the changes, before and after the event.

Maybe you didn't receive the emails though.....

Unfortunately, too many broadcasters weren't triggering ads which meant we were running at a loss, and an executive decision was made by tptb to end the free service.

We haven't blanked anyone btw, though we've understandably received a high volume of emails as a result, and it may take us a while longer to reply to all of them.

Note that there's a new RMO for migrated stations, with a different url.

The info in the old RMO is only for SCSS stations which haven't yet been migrated, and also for DNAS stations (which are unaffected by these changes).

The new platform will be much more robust and reliable, all being well, and also includes additional features such as AutoDJ / Planner, where you can upload MP3s and create playlists.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2018, 04:09   #39
xeqngai

I have the same problem with all of my channels
xeqngai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2018, 15:11   #40
vincentsemper

Still fallback

No way
vincentsemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support