Old 8th June 2006, 19:50   #1
Nanakiwurkz

Tips&Tricks in AVS 2

Hello and welcome to the new Installment of Tips&Tricks

The original is so old now i guess no one has anytime to post on it. and awhile ago on the post someone said the post needs to be refreshed. so I will start the post anew.

There is a new point tho. if you have color gradient,solid scopes,aspect ration fixes, and color mod questions please look up the answer in Tips&Tricks 1. that way the post will be clean for the newbies to find the right code examples and stuff.

the rules except for the ones stated above remain the same as in the old one.

Chow and enjoy!!

As far as idiots go i'm not sure.
But as far as genius goes again i'm not sure. Now when it comes to imagination now thats another story.
Nanakiwurkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 21:54   #2
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

It needs a refreshment indeed, but IMO mainly because it is in the form of one giant forum thread now, and thus difficult to seach in. Most of the old tips are still relevant.

Starting a second thread (not post!) doesn't solve this, it'd only make things more difficult.

My best solution would be to put everything in the tips and tricks thread in a webpage with a link to every tip/trick in an index.

But be aware of the fact that the copypasing alone will take you months. Enjoy it .

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 14:14   #3
Tuggummi
Bin King

When i first posted the thread i was a enthusiastic and wayyy too excited n00b who thought that he could change the world with this! Now that im a bit older n00b i realize that while it is a novel idea, in practice the Tricks & Tips fails horribly. Most of this is because it has no control whatsoever and there is no way to remove obsolete, old or just way too simple stuff in today's standards.
Also what qualifies as a tip or a trick? How simple to go with the tip or how advanced? Is it a tip about coding? Is it a ready-to-use string of code that is useful in general? Who shot the monkey? And why the hell im still writing this?

In short: Novel idea, in practice fails horribly without any sort of control or organizing.

Texer Resources

Im retarded... err i mean retired!
Probably both...
Tuggummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 15:36   #4
JFASI
Major Dude

Suggestion: Three Tips and tricks sections. One, for the n00bs, can be placed in the welcome section. There can also be an advanced and intermediate grade, which should get their own threads, as soon as we manage to consolidate the old tips and tricks thread.

Certified Spam Connoisseur.
JFASI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 17:38   #5
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
But who decides who is a n00b, who is intermediate, and who is advanced? You know damn well no one will admit to being a n00b and will spend time in the intermediate section. Anyone who would use the advanced section, won't really need to. Therefor, it won't work.

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 12:59   #6
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by denkensiefursich
But who decides who is a n00b, who is intermediate, and who is advanced? You know damn well no one will admit to being a n00b and will spend time in the intermediate section. Anyone who would use the advanced section, won't really need to. Therefor, it won't work.
I concur with this analysis

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 23:20   #7
Nanakiwurkz

I agree

I agree with pak-9s reply to denkensiefursich's post.
but i have a better idea since i use the internet rarely i copied the text forms of the sticky and you know what i'll take my sweet time i have to go throu it and take the worth while descriptive codes and dump the useless chitchat and post it on the visualnoobs website that way the sticky can be deleted and this one can be stickyed and as the posts go i'll record the codes and ideas submitted. how does that sound.

But as far as genius goes again i'm not sure. Now when it comes to imagination now thats another story.
Old 13th June 2006, 12:55   #8
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
If you do that be sure to credit the origionators and mention the winamp forums as the source

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 22:18   #9
Nanakiwurkz

i have all the attachments now and i have the text forms of the sticky. you can now erase tips and tricks in avs. without losing anything special. question tho i think it would get kinda messy any ideas how to make a simple help file thing that will show the documents and have connections to the parts of them by subject?

Old 17th June 2006, 23:20   #10
StevenRoy

Send a message via ICQ to StevenRoy Send a message via AIM to StevenRoy
Perhaps someone should create a web page for this.

...With large type, and lots of pictures.
StevenRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 23:10   #11
Nanakiwurkz

Already on it

Quote:
Originally posted by StevenRoy
Perhaps someone should create a web page for this.

...With large type, and lots of pictures.
if you have not been reading i said i'll be posting the info on the Visualnoobs website. but if youd please steven roy i wouldn't mind having some pictures for the tut. heh i've been trying to seperate the codes by topic.i'm going insane here so much in so little time. oh and p.s. pak-9 i read your wonderful and yet hilarous remarks about atero. and i need to ask does anyone really know why hes so pissed off all the time?

Old 21st June 2006, 09:31   #12
dirkdeftly
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to dirkdeftly
You.

"guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders" --E. E. Cummings
dirkdeftly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:38   #13
Nanakiwurkz

Affine Transformations

For those who don't know how to make one. I found this nefty little preset on the winamp website. enjoy
p.s. i added my own changes so you can see the triangle better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip affine transformation studio.zip (1.2 KB, 450 views)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS