Old 13th August 2011, 18:59   #1
goropeza

Unclickable Winamp?

Hi! I really want to start using Winamp as my number 1 media player since I'm just sick of Itunes now. The only issue is that the media library part of the interface is unclickable. Everything else, including tabs, current song selection, and menu bars are clickable but the media library part of it is completely unresponsive. I just installed it a few days ago and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Winamp 2 times already. Not sure what to do about this, maybe someone can help? Thanks in advance...
goropeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 19:56   #2
mkite1985

I have the exactly the same problem. It is unusable as it is now, I am sad to say. I have used winamp since version 2!! I am now looking at alternatives.

Several re-installs, cleaning with CCleaner as I go and other reg cleans still gives me an issue.

I noticed it happened at about the same time I bought a 1080p tv moving from 720p.

The media library is useless in its current form
mkite1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 09:29   #3
DrO

the issue is most likely from the OSes scaling option being set above 125% with parts of Winamp have issues with depending on what skin is being used - most likely triggered by changing the display type.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 19:27   #4
mkite1985

Ahh i do have the following options set on windows:

Large DPI (42 inch tv and sitting about 6 foot away)
Large icons

But on winamp i have the scaling set to 100% and i have another niggle with it. When i double click for windowshade mode it opens and i am unable to click on the playlist window about 1/3 of it.

It is worse when switching from windows shade mode, it has made the media library - winamps most powerful feature - useless.

I am getting annoyed with it but i love the ease of winamp, so I don't know what the issue is but I might make a video on you tube at some point to highlight the bug as it is a difficult one to explain.
mkite1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 21:25   #5
DrO

there's no need to make a video, what you are describing is exactly what happens due to the OS text scaling option being set to over 125% and how Winamp incorrectly handles things which i have confirmed as well. so it is known about but no one has looked into it to my knowledge for the few years it has been known about (i would if i had the freetime but i don't when working on other things).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support