Old 5th February 2019, 21:19   #1
JRCB100

How to ignore particular filetypes

In my music folder I have a number of subfolders that contain flac and mp3 versions of the same tracks -- flac for quality, mp3 if I want to squeeze them on to my phone or somewhere. When I add these to my media library, winamp catches both filetypes, so then if I want to play an album that I have stored like this, it has every song twice.

I have over 11,000 tracks so I'd rather not manually separate them out or edit mmy media library -- is there any way I can ask winamp to ignore one file type and only add the other to my library? I've tried disassociating flac from winamp and the clearing and rescanning my library to see if that might fix it, but it didn't.

Thanks.
JRCB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2019, 00:14   #2
ryerman
Major Dude

You can't specify which audio file types are scanned when populating the Library.
Instead, use Smartviews.
For example, create a Smartview to show only files with a filename that ends with FLAC.
The MP3 files will still be in the Library, but you won't see them.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2019, 14:48   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
That's a good way, and works as long as u have a lossless mirror of everything. If u don't, it means things will be excluded that otherwise u want in rotation.

I have 85k tracks or so, mostly MP3 but some ALAC and other types. There really is no good way around proper folder structure. So in the path I delineate lossy or lossless and then I make sure what I want in rotation is in there. If I have a lossy dupe I don't want in the rotation but I do want to keep for portables or whatever reason, I move it to an archive folder that is outside of the Main root ML folder. Alternatively u could include it in the scans (root) but then block it from every smart view except one just for it.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2019, 18:10   #4
JRCB100

This is great; I'm off to find out more about smartviews. Sounds like some version of this will be perfect.

Thanks.
JRCB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support