Old 25th March 2003, 20:10   #41
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
/is ignorant, but not afraid to show it.

what was teh kyoto treaty? (in a nutshell)
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 21:40   #42
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Re: Re: Re: hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
no, but at least some CIVILIZED countries sign those treaties and respect them. US doesnt even sign them.
for example, the US are boycotting the international court for war crimes and pay other countries to do the same.
Man, i totaly forgot about that one..... very lame in my opinion
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 23:50   #43
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
no, but at least some CIVILIZED countries sign those treaties and respect them. US doesnt even sign them.
So what you're saying is that we don't have the right to decide for ourselves what we will and will not sign? Or maybe you're saying that we should sign and then not respect the treaties?

You just don't make sense.

Quote:
for example, the US are boycotting the international court for war crimes and pay other countries to do the same.
We have every right to boycott the "International Court". It doesn't meet America's standards for the judicial system. To support it would be to deny our constitution. The proposed court also has far too large a scope.

I don't really know if we actually paid other countries to refuse to support the international court. I agree that it would be rather "lame" if we did. However, I should remind you that that's pretty much how democracy works. You convince others to support your position. Convincing others by giving money isn't really that much different than convincing others by agreeing to support their position on some other issue.

Quote:
blah blah? you have no clue man.
that treaty was the last chance to save this planet from heating up even more.
It's a huge shame USA didnt sign it cause they're the major cause for the problem. even china signed it and respects it.
We have no proof that we are causing global warming. There are theories, and that's all. So don't give me that crap, acting like we just signed our planet up for destruction.

Quote:
I'm not comparing the two wars, just remiding you what a true WMD is and who used it so far.
What? You really don't make any sense. We used nuclear weapons to end a World War. How does that have any relation to Saddam?

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2003, 02:37   #44
padangbond

Send a message via Yahoo to padangbond
Re: Re: hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George

a. Iraq. But do you really want us to attack Israel? Or are you just trying to stir things up?
b. Dunno. That's not really a reason I find to be very important.
c. Yes. I think he's already proven that once.
d. I'm glad we agree.
e. It's not just that he has (or may have, whatever) WMD. It's that, plus everything else. It's a compound effect.
[/B]
Now then, the argument of bush in attacking Iraq dowsn't hold water, because you can say the exact same thing (except point d)about some other countries. Ergo, if the arab countries think that israel is a threat, they will be justified in attacking it. And India/Pakistan attacking each other. And S. Korea attacking N. Korea. Too bad Bush is too much of a dimwit to understand this.

Quote:
What do you really think that would have accomplished? The people who might actually use those weapons wouldn't stop making them just because the UN says to.
Like the US, eh?

Quote:
Blah. Blah. The Kyoto treaty was not a good idea. I don't mind a bit that it wasn't signed.
padangbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2003, 03:02   #45
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George

Quote:
Originally posted by padangbond
Now then, the argument of bush in attacking Iraq dowsn't hold water, because you can say the exact same thing (except point d)about some other countries. Ergo, if the arab countries think that israel is a threat, they will be justified in attacking it. And India/Pakistan attacking each other. And S. Korea attacking N. Korea. Too bad Bush is too much of a dimwit to understand this.
I said it's all those things, plus the fact that Saddam oppresses and murders his own people. I hardly think that you can compare Israel to Iraq. (Though Israel is far from innocent.) I don't even think you can compare Iraq to Pakistan.

I see your point. I'm not denying that it has some validity. But I disagree.

Quote:
Like the US, eh?
Sure. If you want to believe that. Whatever.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2003, 03:39   #46
padangbond

Send a message via Yahoo to padangbond
Quote:
I said it's all those things, plus the fact that Saddam oppresses and murders his own people. I hardly think that you can compare Israel to Iraq. (Though Israel is far from innocent.) I don't even think you can compare Iraq to Pakistan.
I am not comparing Pakistan with Iraq. But it will give those countries i mentioned previously the justification for war. They'll say "well, you amerricanss cann du it, whyyy cannt we?"
Now, in comparing israel's regime with iraq, of course it is not a fair comparison, because america will never allow this comparison, because they know this is the heart of their hipocrisy.

One more thing that seems to get lost through the cracks of american consciousness: if people around the world do not support this war, it doesnt mean they support saddam. that is a logical fallacy. most people around the world thinks this is a dangerous war, because it will open a new can or worms.

I'm from a country where Islam is the majority. This war is not helping Islamic moderates, and this war will increase terrorism, not decrease it. So please stop saying that america is coming to "liberate" Iraq. Look at El Salvador, Chile, Argentina, Iran under Shah, Indonesia under Soeharto, etc. These are some of the people that the US installed as leaders. Were they democratic? No. Did they follow America's orders? Yes, (except the Talibans). But they were definately not democratic.

America is straying away from the ideals of "against colonialism and imperialism" of their founding fathers. They will have to live with its consequences.
padangbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News