Old 24th March 2003, 02:25   #1
MGSolidSnake5

Send a message via AIM to MGSolidSnake5 Send a message via Yahoo to MGSolidSnake5
France owes us

France owes us their lives to this very day. If it weren't for the US, and I'm sure many of you know, when WWII ended, they would be all speaking German. Now they turn their backs on us when we are going into war? I mean, they should at least help us. We didn't want to go into WWII, but we knew we would have to, and we couldn't stay neutral forever. I say at least back up the US, because they owe us their lives. We gave them the life they have today, being free. This is the reason why we now have FREEDOM FRIES, and not French Fries.
MGSolidSnake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 02:53   #2
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

freedom fries are silly, but otherwise you are right. most of the world owes america one from one war or the other.
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 03:48   #3
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

They don't care that we saved thier asses twice. Neither do the peaceniks. It's been said.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:42   #4
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

I am so sick and tired of this argument

Yes the US played a role in defeating germany in WWI and II, but does that mean we have to agree with anything you guys do from now to all eternity - no way in hell! Besides I for one, don't owe my freedom to the United States, as my country was free during WWII (i know this is not what US propaganda says, but it's an undeniable fact!)

Russia in the essense won WWII, Germany was defeated on the Eastern front, not the western.

the US went into this war because of it's own strategic interrests.

thanks for helping us out, but we don't owe you anymore than that!
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 09:43   #5
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Everyone owes everyone else in some way or another. Get over it.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:00   #6
picmixer

You Americans should finally srop thinking that you've won WW2 singlehandedly.

And who ows Russia!

After winning WW2 you guys plastered Europe with your stupid Military Bases and fucking nuclear weapons.

After all you are not going to tell me the US joined WW2 for humanitarian reasons.

Edit:

" Just saw that Ertmann posted the same stuff I just said in much nicer words. Sorry for double posting"
picmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:03   #7
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by will
Everyone owes everyone else in some way or another. Get over it.
Yes, we owe some of our freedom to the americans - but as I said - do you seriously think that we should just bow to everything the US does, because of WWII?
Old 24th March 2003, 10:03   #8
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
We could have pissed all over you and ignored your war. We only got involved because we chose to. Hitler wouldn't have made it into America, or at least not for a long, long time.

We had to fight Japan. We did not have to fight Germany.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:06   #9
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Yeah thanks for helping. Millions of French died, as did British and Russians. So thanks for your help but we owe you fuck all and even if we did it should not influence decisions that are made for truth and justice. So a big 'fuck you' to all who think we should follow the US blindly.

>>>>After all you are not going to tell me the US joined WW2 for humanitarian reasons.

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:13   #10
picmixer

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
We could have pissed all over you and ignored your war. We only got involved because we chose to. Hitler wouldn't have made it into America, or at least not for a long, long time.

We had to fight Japan. We did not have to fight Germany.

Listen it was your one choice to enter that war. After all the US had the great luxury to voluntarily join all of it's wars in the last 60 years. So don't go on nagging about it.

Am getting fed up with the American's starting wars all over the place and then complaining about their soldiers dying.

After all you guys still go on moaning about those poor boys you lost in Vietnam. Well maybe you shouldn't have sent them there in the first place. And in a quiet moment try to think of those one million Vietnamese people that your great boys have killed.
Old 24th March 2003, 10:32   #11
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
1. I didn't say that you should follow us blindly.

2. You might not owe us any favors, but I think you owe us a bit of respect.

3. I wasn't nagging about anything. I stated a fact. You should leave if you don't want to hear facts.

4. Who's been complaining about soldiers dying? It's always sad, but it's part of war. Of course, the fact that our soldiers gave their lives for Europe's freedom is the reason that you should have a little respect for us.

5. Why in the hell did you bring up Vietnam? You're just looking to start a flame war.

6. Phily, then you tell me why we joined WWII. Oh, I'll bet we wanted to control your oil.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 24th March 2003, 10:36   #12
picmixer

I am just trying to say that America is responsible for many crimes against humanity in the last 60 years and is just about to commit another.

I am not trying to start a flame war after all it was you who said that that "we could have pissed all over you"

Will try not to mention Vietnam anymore. You are right it doesn't have anything to do with this topic and is just another highly emotionally charged issue.
Old 24th March 2003, 10:41   #13
Curi0us_George
Forum King

I don't consider liberating an oppressed people to be a crime against humanity, but we obviously have very different definitions off what that means.

When I said "we could have pissed all over you", I was simply saying that we could have left you in your own mess. I could have chosen better words, but the fact remains. We could have ignored you and left you to stew in the mess you created.

Old 24th March 2003, 10:48   #14
picmixer

Am not sure wether liberating an oppressed people is achieved by killing them and breeding hatred. But as you said apparently our definitions differ here.

I also think there are more definitions of liberty then the one generally believed in in the US. I think there are a lot of places in the world were people have more individual freedom than in the US (dertainly not Irak, thats not what I am trying to say). So maybe liberty starts with letting people decide their own fait.
Old 24th March 2003, 10:53   #15
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

In all aspects of life i give respect to those who earn it, and not because of what country there from, what religion they have, or how many money they have.

I have great respect for those soldiers in the WWII who gave and risked their lives for freedom, weather they are French, American, Russian or British doesn't mean anything. They earned my respect, and they have it.

But did Bush, Rumsfeld or any of you fight in WWII? no - so why should i give you respect for something you did not have anything to do with?

what i was trying to say is, don't bring WWII into this, it's totaly irrelevant!
Old 24th March 2003, 10:53   #16
Curi0us_George
Forum King

We're doing our best to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. And the Iraqis seem to want this war at least as much as the US.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=129461

I don't know of anywhere that allows more liberty than America. I'd like to hear more.

ertmann|CPH, I don't know why they brought up WWII. I agree, it's not really relevant. I also don't think that you owe Bush any respect. That's your choice. However, I think you owe the US as a whole some respect.

Old 24th March 2003, 10:54   #17
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

In the meantime, I challenge the average American man to locate France on a world map with less than 5 attempts
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:57   #18
picmixer

Quote:
Originally posted by Twilightseer
In the meantime, I challenge the average American man to locate France on a world map with less than 5 attempts

Or Canada
Old 24th March 2003, 10:59   #19
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Europeans are not nearly so informed as they like to pretend. You're educated about Europe, sure. Go ask the average European to find Kenya on a map. They'll do no better than the Americans.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:04   #20
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

>>>>I didn't say that you should follow us blindly.

I know but the first post in this thread clearly did.

>>>>Phily, then you tell me why we joined WWII. Oh, I'll bet we wanted to control your oil.

I think you took my post the wrong way, I'm not questioning your motives etc. Thanks for the help but it's irrelevent to bring this up in any thread about this war.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:04   #21
picmixer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Curi0us_George

I don't know of anywhere that allows more liberty than America. I'd like to hear more.

[QUOTE]

Most European countries that I have lived in. And all Americans that I know personally that I have met there agree on it.

Keny is strangely close to Somalia. Another big mess the US had there.
Old 24th March 2003, 11:10   #22
Curi0us_George
Forum King

I lived in Germany for six months. I had no additional liberties (save for the ability to purchase alcohol). What extra liberties did you have?

Yes, Kenya is "right nya". Of course, it hardly counts when you've got a search engine a click away. (The bombing in Kenya was not our fault, though it was our fault that we didn't take real actino when it occured.)

Old 24th March 2003, 11:12   #23
CremoNe

you forgot the fact that there are no speed limits on some highways there Curi0us_George.

[size=0.1]The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow, a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts[/size]
CremoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 11:15   #24
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

yeah, last time i met an american was in Thailand in october.....
A: American, E: Ertmann, M: Maria

A: Whe're you from
E: Denmark
A: ehhh, that's the capital of sweden right?
E: no, close though
A: (looking puzzled)
E: It's a country, right next to sweden, and north of germany
A: Ohhhh realy!?
E: Yeah Denmark - you know.... HC Andersen, Danish Design, Sydney operahouse, Victor Borge and stuff.
A: Oh yeah? cool
E: cheers!
E: So where are you from
A: Denver, Colorado
E: hmmm colorado that's next to the rocky mountains isn't it
A: Yeah, God this is embarresing.
E: I know, but cheers anyway!
A+E get's drunk! now that's one thing we can agree on
A+E drunk, meets this swedish girl i was dating
E: hej, skat hvordan går det
M: godt nok, er du ved at være fuld?
A: wow what language is that
E+M: Danish and swedish
A: Whoa, i thought you guys spoke english as your native language,
your english is just so fucking good
E: No, actually alot of the english derived from the nordic language;
window, ship and alot of other words are actually danish
A: Wow realy? how interresing!

I mean, he was a friendly and cool guy, and we had alot of fun - but the ignorence! man!

[EDIT]and as far as i remeber, he didn't even call it english but american[/EDIT]
Old 24th March 2003, 11:20   #25
Curi0us_George
Forum King

That's hardly a civil liberty, though it is nice. (They've got ridiculously slow speed limits inside (some of? all of?) the cities, though.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:21   #26
picmixer

Seems like I don't need to go on here. You guys can figure it out yourself as soon as you start thinking about it fo a second.
Old 24th March 2003, 11:22   #27
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
Wow realy? how interresing!
A desire to learn is far more valuable than a prior education. The ignorant can be taught. The unwilling cannot.

Quote:
[EDIT]and as far as i remeber, he didn't even call it english but american[/EDIT]
I find that part hard to believe.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:24   #28
picmixer

Quote:
yeah, last time i met an american was in Thailand in october.....
A: American, E: Ertmann, M: Maria

A: Whe're you from
E: Denmark
A: ehhh, that's the capital of sweden right?
E: no, close though
A: (looking puzzled)
E: It's a country, right next to sweden, and north of germany
A: Ohhhh realy!?
E: Yeah Denmark - you know.... HC Andersen, Danish Design, Sydney operahouse, Victor Borge and stuff.
A: Oh yeah? cool
E: cheers!
E: So where are you from
A: Denver, Colorado
E: hmmm colorado that's next to the rocky mountains isn't it
A: Yeah, God this is embarresing.
E: I know, but cheers anyway!
A+E get's drunk! now that's one thing we can agree on
A+E drunk, meets this swedish girl i was dating
E: hej, skat hvordan går det
M: godt nok, er du ved at være fuld?
A: wow what language is that
E+M: Danish and swedish
A: Whoa, i thought you guys spoke english as your native language,
your english is just so fucking good
E: No, actually alot of the english derived from the nordic language;
window, ship and alot of other words are actually danish
A: Wow realy? how interresing!

I mean, he was a friendly and cool guy, and we had alot of fun - but the ignorence! man!

Jeezus this sounds familiar!
Old 24th March 2003, 11:26   #29
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

"Stop!"

I thought this might liven things up a bit

Quote:
French Knight: I unclog my nose in your direction, sons of a window dresser. So, you think you could outclever us french folks with your silly, knees-bent, running-about, advancing behavior? I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy-leather, second-hand, electric donkey bottom biters.
King Arthur: In the name of the Lord, open this door!
French Knight: No chance english bed-wetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing; you tiny brained wipers of other peoples' bottoms.

"Carry on...."

Old 24th March 2003, 11:27   #30
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by picmixer
Seems like I don't need to go on here. You guys can figure it out yourself as soon as you start thinking about it fo a second.
You're going to have to throw me a clue. I never felt as though I had any additional rights.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:27   #31
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

American culture is b0rked, correct me if im wrong. But

You can drive from you're 14 or something (you can hurt ALOT of people with a car)

You can buy a gun from you're 15 (you can hurt ALOT of people with a gun)

You can't have sex until you're 18 (you can only hurt yourself and your partner with sex)

You can't drink alcohol until you're 21 (you usualy don't hurt anyone but yourself with that)

that's just weird
Old 24th March 2003, 11:29   #32
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

The drinking thing I don't get at all. I mean 21? FFS that's just silly, I couldn't cope with that.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:30   #33
picmixer

Quote:
You're going to have to throw me a clue. I never felt as though I had any additional rights.

Might depend on your lifestyle. And don't get me wrong I really don't mean that in a negative way.
Old 24th March 2003, 11:33   #34
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
I find that part hard to believe.
Trust me on that one, i don't lie about things, i'm actually a very honest person

Besides, I tried that in Laos too, i was travelling with this guy from Manchester in a worn down bus, with holes in the floor, and this american comes up to us saying WOW, you guys speak american, cool! Andy turns around with a smile on his face and says WOW; You speak english (as a joke) and the american guy feels insulted and walks away
Old 24th March 2003, 11:37   #35
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
You can drive from you're 14 or something
16. I do believe that we need more training, but I think people are perfectly capable of driving at 16.

Quote:
You can buy a gun from you're 15
No. 18 for a rifle (hunting). I think it's 21 for a handgun (but I'm not certain).

Quote:
You can't have sex until you're 18
Huh? We have statutory rape laws, but those are hardly the same thing as prohibiting sex.

Quote:
You can't drink alcohol until you're 21
that's just weird
Agreed. It is just weird.

But those are not civil liberties. And you're actually saying that taking things (guns, cars) away is better.

Old 24th March 2003, 11:39   #36
picmixer

[Offtopic]:

Just checked out your website quickly, ertman|CPH. Very sleek and clean layout.

Try Mochito:

Put a layer of brown sugar on the bottom of the glass. Poor in a bit of lemon juice (about 1 lemon). Put loads of crushed Ice and a few slightly cracked mint leaves into the glass and poor some good rum (preferably light but not white) over the whole thing. Drink with a straw and enjoy!

[Offtopic]
Old 24th March 2003, 11:39   #37
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Trust me on that one, i don't lie about things, i'm actually a very honest person

Besides, I tried that in Laos too, i was travelling with this guy from Manchester in a worn down bus, with holes in the floor, and this american comes up to us saying WOW, you guys speak american, cool! Andy turns around with a smile on his face and says WOW; You speak english (as a joke) and the american guy feels insulted and walks away
I've never met anyone who actually (seriously) referred to the English language as "American". I'm not saying you're lying. Don't misunderstand. I just think that you're memory is fuzzy, or else you're meeting the most miss-educated people in the world.

Old 24th March 2003, 12:28   #38
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

no, im saying 18 like it is in most of europe imo is a better age for driving

Allowing firearms for anything else than hunting is sick, and any country where you need a firearm for self protection is sick. I just can't see how that is a civil liberty

drinking - Good we actually agree on something

Anyway my source for those ages is a Canadian, so i guess it's not realy objective, my appologies

Actually, the same guy i talked to on that bar, later claimed that english was old fashioned and american was a evolution of the english language, that's why i remembered.
Old 24th March 2003, 19:08   #39
MGSolidSnake5

Send a message via AIM to MGSolidSnake5 Send a message via Yahoo to MGSolidSnake5
Ok then. the US did go into this war on it's own. But all we want is at least a little back up.
MGSolidSnake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 19:19   #40
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by MGSolidSnake5
Ok then. the US did go into this war on it's own. But all we want is at least a little back up.
Did you miss the 50,000 or so British troops, sailors and flyers that are there?, apparently some one didn't...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News