Old 17th April 2006, 04:31   #1
Alltaken

My final year of uni - user feedback please

About Me:
I'm Doug Ollivier, an Industrial Design student at Massey University in Wellington, New Zealand.

About the Project:
My final year of university requires that I conceive, research, and develop a product of my choice, I have chosen to design a residential refrigerator.

your feedback, will help me meet the needs, desires, and expectations of You the user.

The first short survey will establish you as a participant, the further feedback forms will be full of concepts, and images which i will need feedback on, these will only be sent to people who have filled out the first form.

As someone involved with feedback, you will recieve furhter PDF document in your email. you will be requested to spend 10mins filling them out. Once done, click the submit button and It will be emailed to me.

If you want to get involved in feedback, you cannot be living with your parents, unless you are supporting them.

This is a thumbnail example of the first form. It is quick to fill out.

http://doug.mudpuddle.co.nz/forms/First.pdf

The later forms are shorter, and more image intensive.
interest from people.

Cheers

Doug Ollivier (Alltaken)

-------------known issues---------------

1)In acrobat 5 you will need to open the pdf in a browser for it to send to me (so click on the link rather than save-as)

2)once you click submit you may get an error message saying html/text is not supported. ignore this, it actually worked and sent me a message I will have recieved it in my inbox.

3) in OSX you will need to use Acrobat from adobe, I don't believe the internal Preview software has the ability to fill out forms.

If there are any other issues you experience, please tell me and i will try to resolve them.

most people should have no issues.

Cheers, Alltaken
Alltaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 07:25   #2
siebe83
Forum King

I filled it out in Firefox, and sometimes the input field I was typing in would lose focus. I was then suddenly searching for text inside the document...
Also, the small boxes at the top to fill in name, emailaddress, etc. were too small: the top of the text got cut off.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 13:13   #3
Alltaken

siebe83, yeah I found that the top of the text was cut off in the text boxes till it was deselected. i'll sort that out for the next one.

As for losing focus, that is really strange, i'll see if anyone else has similar problems. (i am a major firefox user myself) may i ask what version of acrobat you are using?

cheers for filling it out. I have been getting some great feedback from people, it has been truly helpfull.

Doug Ollivier (Alltaken)
Alltaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 13:23   #4
siebe83
Forum King

I always ignore the popup to update, heh... (says someone who always tells others to upgrade to the latest Winamp version )

I'll try updating and see if it helps (though the issue was rather intermittent anyway...).

[edit]
Happened again. Oh well... Maybe some Firefox extension is interferring, dunno...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions