Old 7th January 2011, 04:54   #1
Jim Stevens

iPod Support

Hi...I'm having a problem loading my Classic iPod (6G-160GB). Using the latest version of Winamp and iPod_Support_v3_10. No problem to create a playlist or select music files directly from my media library and then send to the iPod. Appears to send/copy but when I select Devices->iPod, nothing has happened. I have 'restored or initialized' several times and tried a variety of other settings. I have been using Winamp and iPod Support for quite a while with no problems. Something happened to my iPod today where by itself, the device would not recognize any files. I could see and play my music from the device using Winamp but by itself, it showed 0 songs, 0 artists and 0 albums. Tried rebooting a couple of times, did not help. I ended up at the Apple store where a 'genius' downloaded the latest software and reset my iPod to 'new'. I have been trying different things with Winamp for about 3 hours now. Any suggestions? Do you need any more information from me?
Thanks for your help.
Jim Stevens
Jim Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 08:10   #2
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
if using the mlipod support 3.10 the release notes say that newer generation ipods are not supported
this includes any new firmware

only thing i can recommend is seeing if you can format the ipod within explorer and see if that works

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:18   #3
Bilbo9955

You can also try going through the support forum for ml_iPod:

http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=69

A number of people have found workarounds.
Bilbo9955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
ipod, ipod_support