Old 14th June 2011, 07:30   #1
c1a6z

iPod

I have search through post and none really seem to be up to this date but i love Winamp and it smooth easy to use and looks great but my ipod nano 5 gen don't work i know why cause apple wants people to use itunes but itunes sucks. is Winamp 5.6.2 going to be able to use the 5g or is there no way to get the ipod nano 5th gen to work for Winamp. Sorry if this is not in the right area i just want to use Winamp and not itunes
c1a6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:26   #2
mcai8rw2

Here! here!

I second this thread! I;ve read that it has something to do with licensing, and that by making the Ipod5g adhere to the apple/ipod library conventions, Winamp is breaking some stupid copyright or patent law. **Disregard that, i suck c**ks**

BUT... i don;t really see why this should be any different on the 5g as it is on the touch/nano 3g, iphone etc...

What we;ve gopt here is Winamp/AOL not wanting to pay or not wanting to support an EXTREMELY common ipod device. **Disregard that, i suck c**ks**

I;ve also read somewhere that there is "no expected plans" to support Ipod5g any time soon. **Disregard that, i suck c**ks**

Which sucks balls basically. i too love winamp, and love my ipod, but have to use itunes now cause AOL blow. **Disregard that, i suck c**ks**

Basically... it's Apple being dicks. Not AOL.
mcai8rw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:36   #3
mcai8rw2

Foobar2000

Actually... if Apple are being such dicks about allowing Ipod5g support... How come Foobar2000 supports ipod5g ok?

I tried out foobar2000, and there is a downloadable plugin that supports ipods... this seems to work ok.

Perhap the winamp team should contact Foobar Team, and talk 'turkey'?
mcai8rw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
5th, gen, ipod, nano, winamp