Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 10th July 2015, 15:45   #321
DrO

iirc that's by design as a means to clear the rating and anything done on the 'average' version is going to be applied to all instances of the tracks.

there is probably an option on the rating settings (on one of the library preference pages) that allows for that behaviour not to happen.

and it's just Winamp not liking ratings and it does everything it can to remove / destroy them
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 01:27   #322
fisherman77

I have this problem since windows 10 upgrade that using "F1" and "F2" as keybinds for changing songs in winamp does not work while another program is active even though the active program does not use the keys. Did not have this problem in Windows 7, what im thinking is that the keybind priority for "F1-F12" keys are prioritized differently in windows 10. Is there a way to configurate a program to always have priority on certain keybinds?
fisherman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 03:39   #323
draconox

Winamp 5.666
update plugins
Language Pack: spanish
Skin: Winamp Modern and Bento

Locale: SPANISH ES
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 820 Processor (4 CPUs) 2.80 GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9100
Sound: Realtek HD Audio
DirectX 11

I have administrator privileges. My notbook works ok. the problem is that sometimes when i drag and drop tracks from windows-explorer to winamp-playlist my mouse has this sing ..(/) prohibited.. But if i want to put music from the same winamp all the tracks goes to the end of the playlist... and i dont want to do that. I want to put in a specific order.

Now... sometimes, i can drop music with zero problems from explorer to playlist... I dont understand that behavior.. and I think, this is a bug... sometimes you can drag music from explorer sometimes you dont..

Greetings from Argentina!
draconox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 15:16   #324
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconox View Post
I have administrator privileges. My notbook works ok. the problem is that sometimes when i drag and drop tracks from windows-explorer to winamp-playlist my mouse has this sing ..(/) prohibited.. But if i want to put music from the same winamp all the tracks goes to the end of the playlist... and i dont want to do that. I want to put in a specific order.

Now... sometimes, i can drop music with zero problems from explorer to playlist... I dont understand that behavior.. and I think, this is a bug... sometimes you can drag music from explorer sometimes you dont..
Are you using the exact same procedure (things you do and the order in which you do them) that works sometimes and sometimes doesn't?

By default, files are added to the end of the Playlist Editor's playlist. If you installed the 'Jump to File Extra' (JTFE) plug-in, then you can select the 'General Preferences - File Types - Shell Options' option to have the files inserted after the currently playing (or selected) file in the playlist instead.

In addition, you can also chose to have the files added to the JTFE Queue instead of the Playlist Editor's playlist. Files can added to the start or end of the queue. Then you can use the JTFE Queue Manager window to further rearrange the files (if you want) and add the files to the Playlist Editor's playlist for playback or play them directly from the JTFE Queue Manager window. If you use the JTFE Queue Manager to play the files, there are several options to control what happens after the files are played (e.g. stop, resume playback in the Playlist Editor's playlist, shutdown, etc.)

The Windows OS controls the listed order of the group of files dragged to Winamp. Many people think this is a Winamp bug, but it's not. You have limited control of this grouping that depends on how the files in the group were selected (the files selected first and last in a consecutive group <Shift + click> and/or the order of files selected separately <Ctrl + click>) and the particular file in the final grouping that is clicked on to drag the group (first, last, or other). Windows Explorer also provides other ways to select files (i.e. draw a 'selection box' around the files or enable the option that puts a selection check-box next to each file). Experiment and note the results. Sometimes you just have to rearrange things after the transfer (e.g. drag within the playlist or queue).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 06:46   #325
draconox

Hi! thanks men, but what kind of question is that?.. Of course i use normaly my cumputer, since 20 years ago!. What order you talking about?. I said sometimes I can drag and drop files to the playlist and sometimes i cant do it!.

No , i dont have JTFE plug in installed. So that is not the problem.
I know that windows controls the listed order of the gruop of files, and no.. i have the control of the files (even i said that I am the admin, and i have windows 10 pro!)... So, sometimes I can drag and drop, and sometimes no. So, yes.. this is another problem and is a bug, an error! something is wrong.

What do you think?

tnks 4 the answer...
draconox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 15:37   #326
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconox View Post
What do you think?
As a long time computer user, you know 'the devil is in the details'. I was asking you to provide some. For example, does the drag & drop sometimes not work when you do 1 file at a time or when you do a group of files? When you drag a group, how do you select the group and is the selection method the same when it doesn't work? Are all the files on a local internal drive or a mix of internal and external (or network) drives?

I didn't say the JTFE plug-in was the problem or a problem. I said the plug-in allows for different ways for files to be added to Winamp (the playlist or queue) when you drag & drop, other than them ending up at the bottom of the playlist in the Playlist Editor.

I also tried to explain why when you select and drag files A + B + C as a group, they may end up listed as C + A + B or in some other order.

I'm sorry my reply was confusing (maybe I'm over-complicating things trying to guess what may be causing your issue). I seldom use drag & drop, but it always works when I do. I normally use the right click context menu commands to enqueue or enqueue & play, since this method is faster and eliminates potential drag & drop handling errors. The 'enqueue & play' context menu command is another benefit of the JTFE plug-in. The default context menu commands either let you add to the playlist (enqueue) or replace what's in the playlist with the added files (play).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports