Old 19th March 2008, 21:29   #1
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Some games?

Alright, so I'm looking for games. Fun games, challenging games. I'm not a puzzle type of guy so Myst is out of the question.

I already play wow, but it gets boring. I have found that I play way too many fantasy games. (FATE, WoW, Warcraft 3) I'm looking for something to fill my need for awesome. I don't care if its fantasy or not I'm just up for having fun. I do have Doom 1 - 3 & the expansions.

My problem is that I cannot play today's newer games but more over games released at least four years ago. Can anyone suggest anything?

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 13:59   #2
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary is quite some hours of fun and it was even running on my P4 1.7 ghz with a Radeon 9800pro.
if you want multiplayer games try UT2k4. its still very active and it doesnt get boring imo cuz you play different people on different maps and different gametypes. + its 10€ here. and since steam has the unreal series, its 10% cheaper there.
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 01:56   #3
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Easy enough, The Orange Box. First of all It scales very well on older hardware so if you can play wow you can defiantly play this fine collection. The orange box comes with the well written and produced FPS know as the Half-Life 2 series, it also comes with the critically acclaimed Portal and insanely addictive multilayer team fortress 2.

Metacritic Average: 96%

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 05:55   #4
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

The orange box huh? I was wondering but when I read the sys req. for the games I became very scared, I don't have a graphics card by the way. One of the Intel things I dunno.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 21st March 2008, 13:56   #5
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Quote:
Originally posted by mike-db
The orange box huh? I was wondering but when I read the sys req. for the games I became very scared, I don't have a graphics card by the way. One of the Intel things I dunno.
onboard graphics eh? You said your system can run WoW though right? Looking at the system requirements it appears the minimum requirements are lower for Half-life then for wow:

WOW Minimum:

CPU: PIII or Athlon 800Mhz
System Ram: 512MB
Video: T&L capable, 32MB

Half-Life 2:

CPU: PIII or Athlon 800Mhz
System Ram: 256MB
Video: T&L capable, 16MB

The orange box however is a little steeper which is probably due to the inclusion of team fortress 2.

Team Fortress 2

CPU: P4 or Athlon 1.7GHz
System Ram: 512MB
Video: DX 8 capable, 128MB.

I wouldn't let the requirements scare you too much and onboard video though still quite slow has come quite a ways. According to the manufacture my notebook doesn't meet the requirements to play Team Fortress 2. Being that my videocard a Radeon mobility 9700 has only 64MB or ram. Yet the game runs just fine on the system provided I just scale back the video settings. If you want to play it safe then just pick up half-life 2, but if your feeling bold I would still give the orange box a try. Heck you could drop less then $35 and make the game look great,

PCI-E: Radeon x700 256MB

or if you computer is older then 2/3 years and lacks a PCI-E port then...

AGP: Geforce 6200 256MB

either of these two cards will open up your options as far as games considerably and neither will break the bank.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 19:49   #6
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Thanks for the help. I'll try to scramble some coin.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 21st March 2008, 22:29   #7
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Yeah those vid cards will work great on the Orange Box. Hell, I can run HL2 on max graphics settings in 1680x1050 on an ancient P4 3.4GHz, with 1GB of slow PC3200 RAM, and a shitty 128MB Mobility Radeon 9700 -- and still get an average of 30 FPS!

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 13:06   #8
majin_u

Re: Some games?

Quote:
Alright, so I'm looking for games. Fun games, challenging games. I'm not a puzzle type of guy so Myst is out of the question.

I already play wow, but it gets boring. I have found that I play way too many fantasy games. (FATE, WoW, Warcraft 3) I'm looking for something to fill my need for awesome. I don't care if its fantasy or not I'm just up for having fun. I do have Doom 1 - 3 & the expansions.

My problem is that I cannot play today's newer games but more over games released at least four years ago. Can anyone suggest anything?
Why don't you try this never ending game?

http://www.elevizion.com/index.php/2...p-on-leveling/
majin_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 20:47   #9
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

he already has a never ending game: WoW
Old 30th June 2008, 23:09   #10
Jooh

WoW isn't WOW!
Jooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 03:08   #11
Vil

Black & White/Black & White 2 are quite fun... I mean, you get to play god, how can that not be fun? [Sacrificing children to yourself is time well spent.]

If you are into strategy games, the Total War series is quite enjoyable. Also, the old Command and Conquer/Red Alert series are very enjoyable, if old.

present day present time
Vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 12:01   #12
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

C&C red alert as in C&C 2: Red alert? win 95/dos? that game was so awsome!
Old 13th August 2008, 17:14   #13
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
black and white and it's sequel were pretty good, the only thing that bugged me was the mouse gestures to cast some of the miracles, i could only do one or maybe two reliably.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 16:02   #14
Lifestyle_x

Re: Some games?

Quote:

the Lara Croft games are indeed great, Anniversary is a great game, nice graphics and a good remake of the old Tomb Raider game. Further, I can advise you to go and play some Counter-Strike (1.6 has got a great gameplay !!!!) or some heavy TEAM FORTRESS 2, this is a must-have game. You never get bored of this game, so many playmodes, chars, weapons, different tactics to eliminate the enemy, god you'll LOVE it
Lifestyle_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:20   #15
adam007
Banned

I know one more Game

Hi buddy i know one more game called The Down Hill its cycle racing game very entertaining and challenging game.
adam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 08:18   #16
adam007
Banned

try call of duty

you have to try the The call of duty 3 its a fantastic game to play
adam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 07:34   #17
adelina
Banned

Prince of Persia the sands of time
call of duty and crysis madders
These are good games that you can enjoy their creativity and sequels of mentioned are too ready for you.
adelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:06   #18
khalimandor

play ragnarok online MMORPG is also good sir, its like a adventure game with your many friends, can use many character like swordman, archer , and also magician, you can try ragnarok online private server in google search
khalimandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center