Old 30th December 2016, 18:31   #1
oxcom

Are the ad insertion servers down

I have not had a single ad play on my stream all day. The last that I remember hearing one was last evening. The mp3 with the modified Artist and Title tags plays from start to finish.
oxcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 20:14   #2
jcnyct

it doesn't look like they are down.. I just checked our server and I do see ads being served. However, it seems like very few of our listeners are actually getting ads delivered.
jcnyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 21:40   #3
oxcom

Are you running the server locally or using Shoutcasts streaming service?
Old 30th December 2016, 23:23   #4
jcnyct

Locally.. not thru shoutcast
Old 30th December 2016, 23:38   #5
oxcom

Problem may be with ad serving on the streaming service then.
Old 30th December 2016, 23:43   #6
jcnyct

that's weird, I would think their streaming service would work better than those running shoutcast on their own.
Old 31st December 2016, 00:14   #7
oxcom

If you would like to see, my station is accessible at www.radionomy.com/stercoraceousmetalradio I have it set to play ads every 5th song. You'll know it when Damageplan plays (since the song plays and not the ads).
Old 31st December 2016, 00:29   #8
oxcom

Aaaaaaand.... Of course I log in and now the ads are working. :/
Old 31st December 2016, 12:06   #9
PumpkinFM

I also have no ads playing and it is really annoying trying to find tracks that are exactly 2 minutes long and rename the meta title and artist tags 'Artist:' This whole thing feels like it is ready to topple over. The whole Shoutcast - Radionomy re-brand, re-launch, re-birth feels like it could crash at any minute. Lets face it, the whole monetization has been very poorly thought out with little or no support or information. I have one stream that I placed with the free Shoutcast streaming service, I will move it today to a paid host for safety. Considering the millions they paid for Shoutcast from AOL, the Belgian owners are not making a very good first impression at all. It is very amateurish to say the least. No way to protect your investment!!!!
PumpkinFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 15:26   #10
113fmRadio

Try to remain optimistic ...

That's what I'm asking of myself to do right now. I run 97+ stations here at .113FM Radio and all of our stations run on the SHOUTcast monetization program and are hosted by SHOUTcast directly. We've been on this current platform since December 2013 and started with a single station and have grown considerably since then.

Yes.. it's often difficult to get an answer regarding the Ad Server being offline and not producing ads, as we too have been greatly impacted with several days of ad server outages between December 20-Jan 2.

My single biggest concern at the moment is that John Blias (our community support mgr) has left Shoutcast/Targetspot. He was great at keeping the communication (and payments) coming to us on a near monthly basis. It's uncertain at this time who may replace him, or handle our concerns going forward as nothing has been communicated with regards to that as yet. Communication between us broadcasters and the SHOUTcast team is vitally important to both our success and I firmly believe that they recognize that.

I say to remain optimistic as best one can, only because when the program works, it works. I'm confident that anxiety and stress are at a high right now as their company works to make important decisions which may effect us all. We need to remain supportive and offer our help as needed to ensure this program stays going. Broadcasters like myself who have been on this platform now for several years know, patience is greatly required to pull this off. Yes, there is room for improvement, I agree. Like any new business model, trial and error play a role in the outcome.

While I'm not part of the direct support team here at Shoutcast, I'm freely available to answer questions pertaining to our setup and delivery of premium radio content or when you simply need to ask some questions from a fellow broadcaster. You can reach me 9a-6p (Pacific) M-F.

Stephen Herold
Owner/President
T: (909) 328-1113
C: (951) 813-8156
E: scherold@113.fm
W: www.113.fm
113fmRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 02:38   #11
darryl505

John is gone?

Wow the turn over is extreme. i sent him a few emails at least i now know why they havent been replied to. Im starting to become a bit discouraged here.
darryl505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 05:00   #12
fieldengineer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113fmRadio View Post
My single biggest concern at the moment is that John Blias (our community support mgr) has left Shoutcast/Targetspot. He was great at keeping the communication (and payments) coming to us on a near monthly basis. It's uncertain at this time who may replace him, or handle our concerns going forward as nothing has been communicated with regards to that as yet.
Wow. This explains a lot. When did he leave? I've been trying to email him for almost a full month, and all emails went unanswered.

I have had a lot of questions as of late, but never can get any reply from the support@ address. They open and read the email, but nobody ever responds.
fieldengineer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 15:05   #13
113fmRadio

I spoke with him, John Blias, last during the Christmas holiday and he gave me no indication that he was leaving Shoutcast during our 20 min. phone call. I only found out he left when I sent him an email a few days ago, and it was auto-replied to with a message that he's no longer with Shoutcast. I simply know this, things go unanswered by the rest of the staff at Shoutcast, and my payments have been delayed for months without a person like John Blias to advocate for us. I'm hopeful they fill his position quickly with someone that is as friendly, and as easy to talk with as John B. was.

I'm awaiting an email response to these questions myself from the broadcasters@shoutcast.com team. It's been 3 days, no reply as yet.
113fmRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization