Old 3rd September 2011, 05:29   #41
citle

I don't guarantee that this will work for everyone but here's what worked for me. Open Winamp Preferences. In the left column, choose Skins -> Classic Skins. Now, in the right column, Uncheck the box next to "Display tooltips in Winamp's main window". For a visual representation view this image: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/917...aringmains.jpg
citle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:57   #42
romyggar

I found a solution

I had the same problem, so i went to this suggested tread http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=164598

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMac View Post
It looks like you accidentally used the Alt+W keyboard shortcut, which closes just the main/player window (not Winamp completely). Apparently clicking Move from the taskbar icon restores the main window.

Anyways, please update Winamp to 5.08e for the latest in bug and security fixes. You can also download the latest version at the Winamp download page.

[edit]
At Nunzio...

got there first
[/edit]
I pressed ALT+W and my main window came back from ghost world!...
i hope this simple solution help someone with the same issue.
romyggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 16:24   #43
jinx101a

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyggar View Post
I had the same problem, so i went to this suggested tread http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=164598

I pressed ALT+W and my main window came back from ghost world!...
i hope this simple solution help someone with the same issue.
Thanks romyggar, Alt+W fixed my problem and brought the window back. I'm using Windows 7. I had to click on the open Winamp in the taskbar (which did not show the window) then hit Alt+W. After that, the window came back.
jinx101a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 07:15   #44
Tortue

Fixed it

Fixed mine!

I had the same problem, here's what I did on Windows 7.

1. Drag the mouse over the taskbar icon and leave idle for a second.
2. You should see the main window. Drag mouse up over and right click.
3. I had Minimize black, and Maximized greyed, so I clicked Min.
4. Back to the menu, both should be grey. Click on Restore.
5. Go back step 1, but this time click Move on step 3.

Main window should appear then!
Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 09:06   #45
boris6

window off desktop

somewhat related issue...

I had an external monitor connected, it was bazillion pixels wide, i placed the controls and playlist windows at the right of the desktop.

i no longer have the external monitor, when i start winamp with my 1000 pixel wide monitor, the window is not visible, i presume its still at the bazillion pixel to the right position.

how can you get it back?
boris6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 18:28   #46
pmjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris6 View Post
somewhat related issue...

I had an external monitor connected, it was bazillion pixels wide, i placed the controls and playlist windows at the right of the desktop.

i no longer have the external monitor, when i start winamp with my 1000 pixel wide monitor, the window is not visible, i presume its still at the bazillion pixel to the right position.

how can you get it back?
I've had this problem too. The only way I've found is to quit Winamp, then delete the Winamp.ini file in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp - That stores the window data. When you run Winamp again it will prompt you to configure it as if it were being installed for the first time.
pmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 10:14   #47
ReeQo

just an additional info for more problem like this..

no one of you think to try to extension click (right click) the task bar isnt right ?..

just like this..

there are so many menu may help..

hope it help for more..
ReeQo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 10:57   #48
liam2503

I had the same problem. I was playing some ogg. files when i realized my WinAmp window did not appear when I click on the icon in the task bar! After searching the Internet i finnaly found a solution!

Steps:
1. Open WinAmp
2. Press Ctrl + W
3. The WinMap Main window appears!

After many years I hope this solution works for you nikrusty!
liam2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 15:32   #49
dadagers

Think I found a Fix

1. Open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by Right Mouse Clicking on the Windows Icon and Properties.
2. Click on the Taskbar Tab. Next, check "Auto-hide the taskbar" and Apply.
3. Wait for the Taskbar to Hide.
4. Low and behold the Winamp was at the very bottom of the screen hiding behind the Taskbar the whole time.
5. Once visible again, I went to WinAmp Options>Window Settings>Docked Toolbar and ensured it was Always on Top and Set to Bottom (of the screen). Both of these were set correctly, so guessing that a staff member did something to the WinAmp Display with a mouse click or two and the thing wound up "hiding".

This was my fix, but not certain this will work for everyone...I blame Windows!!!!
dadagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 03:24   #50
3rd_Man_In

Screen Settings Fix

I had the same issue with just the Media Library window disappearing. I have an extra monitor that I switch from duplicating, and extending desktop views (Windows 8). I was in duplication view when I attempted to view my ML window by either going to VIEW > Media Library, or by clicking the ML button in the main window, but to no avail the window would not appear. When I switched back to extended desktop view, I eventually found the media library window placed in the far corner of the extended display. So if this disappearing window happens to you, and have a multiple monitor set-up, you may try this fix:
1. Right click on the desktop
2. Click SCREEN RESOLUTION
3. Under 'Multiple Displays:' select EXTEND THESE DISPLAYS
4. Click APPLY
(If you do not see the ML window, try different placements of the extended monitor around your primary display by dragging the [ 2 ] monitor under the 'Change the appearance of your display' box.)
3rd_Man_In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 16:21   #51
antonsachs

Winamp disappearing

I had the similar problrm with WAP 7.72 What Annoyed me was the fact that I had that version installed on 8 computers without any problems. On the machine #9 (XP) I can bypass the MS fence/
How can I do it from Server 2003?
antonsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 03:55   #52
Breenda

Thanks for your sharing.
Breenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports