Old 17th May 2017, 08:28   #81
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
I have randomly seen it with other skins, too, so I believe it is Winamp related.
Well, we have another candidate for the inglorious Known-Bugs-Cabinet.

Quinto Black CT
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 15:51   #82
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post

I always use only one window: either PL or ML. You will find Playlist, Album-Cover and Playback buttons on both of them. Hence one of them should be sufficient. Don't you think?
The ML window would be enough, but I can't find a way to open a playlist editor panel in it. The attached image below is what I've decided to roll with for now. I have an old visualizer stacker plug-in which lets me run my VU meter and dancing girl visualizer plug-ins at the same time. However, I now need to run Winamp in administrator mode for the stacker to work, so it's great for me that the next version of Quinto will have built-in analog and digital VU meters.

Quote:
I used to have it on my desktop but got tired of waiting while playing new songs.
What version of Waveform Seeker were you using? Version 2.3.1 (updated by DrO) (https://getwacup.com/plugins/waveform_seeker/) will make a waveform in less than 3 seconds for files with < 10 minutes run time.

Quote:
I also noticed that the background color of the context menu sometimes changes its color and gets white. Is this a skin or Winamp related issue?
I agree with ariszlo that that is a Winamp bug. Good thing it's on a configuration window, much less distracting than the internal browser's scrollbars and their gray/white backgrounds when running Quinto on a Windows 10 machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quinto Black CT 2.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	455.7 KB
ID:	53262

P.S.
Have you noticed the slight registration error between the white text and symbols (while pointing at them) and the black text and symbols (when not pointing) on the buttons? Look at the bottom edges (a little white is visible under the black).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 21:43   #83
PeterK.

IT'S ALIVE!

My very first prototype of an external digital VU Meter is up and running!

So now we have two different (actually three) VU Meters. Two digital ones: the small one on the Main Player and the external VU Meter. And on top of that the analog VU Meter.

Please bear in mind that all three VU Meters generate their values totally differently. When set to "Mode Linear" the analog one gets "pure" volume units (VU) as digits from the range from 0 to 255 (which are generated by the getVULeftMeter() and getVURightMeter() commands) while the digital ones work with AnimatedLayers and which have to divide the volume units (VU) depending on the amount of frames in the bitmap file.

As a result we might not see perfectly accurate values/movements while monitoring and comparing all three displays. I repeat: these are not high definition measuring devices. Consider them more as "Nice-To-Have" Plug-Ins with some very nice "Eye-Candy-Effects".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Have you noticed the slight registration error between the white text and symbols (while pointing at them) and the black text and symbols (when not pointing) on the buttons? Look at the bottom edges (a little white is visible under the black).
I am a "visual type" Aminifu. You need to point to it so I see, understand and am able to give you a plausible answer. Okie Dokie?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VU Meter D.png
Views:	57
Size:	884.7 KB
ID:	53266   Click image for larger version

Name:	VU Meter digital2.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	53267  

Quinto Black CT
Old 18th May 2017, 23:11   #84
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 01:32   #85
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

I am a "visual type" Aminifu. You need to point to it so I see, understand and am able to give you a plausible answer. Okie Dokie?
Click on that image of my desktop in post #82 above. A larger version will open in a new browser tab. Click on that image and it will get even larger. Then use the scroll bars to move to where you can see the playlist editor window. Look at the bottom edge of the words in the buttons (e.g. ADD, REMOVE, SELECT, etc.).

On the actual skin, when you point to any of these buttons, the color of the text changes from black to white. When you point away the black text returns, but it is slightly above the underlying white text. The same thing happens with the symbols on the player controls.

It's a minor thing. If you still don't see what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.

Great job on the VU meters.

Old 19th May 2017, 07:03   #86
PeterK.

@Victhor: FINALLY! A "word" from admin! Yes, the dinosaurs are back!

Quote:
... when you point to any of these buttons, the color of the text changes from black to white. When you point away the black text returns, but it is slightly above the underlying white text. The same thing happens with the symbols on the player controls.
Well, these are Buttons. Toggle Buttons. All toggle Buttons have three states: NORMAL, HOVER and PRESSED (clicked). The text in the NORMAL state is (sort of) cut out in the surface of the Button. And hence we have white lines at the bottom which represent the reflection of the light and a shadow, because there is a "hole" in the surface of that NORMAL Button. The second one, HOVER, has a "glowing" text in order to signalize the readiness for being clicked = the pointer of your mouse is exactly over the HOVER bitmap. Now you may make a click and will see the third state, namely the PRESSED (clicked) Button - which is - and I think this is not a surprise - dark because it lays deeper than the surface it is put in and gets (almost) no light in there.

So where is the "slight registration error"?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Button.png
Views:	43
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	53268  

Quinto Black CT
Old 19th May 2017, 15:02   #87
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
So where is the "slight registration error"?
I should have realized that what I'm talking about is an intentional design choice. What you say represents the reflection of the light and a shadow for the Normal state look, looks to me like the bottom edge of each letter (and symbol) is cut off.

It is often said that art is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I would have used the yellow+white light effect used (4 places) in the song info bar of the main player for the digital VU meter power light, instead of the solid blue color. However 1 represents a LED and the others do not, imo. To me, they look more like the lights in vintage radio and stereo equipment. So never mind me, artistic choices are totally up to you. Carry on!

Old 19th May 2017, 16:33   #88
PeterK.

Quote:
I should have realized that what I'm talking about is an intentional design choice.
This is the technique which I was applying while creating those buttons.

Quote:
Carry on!
Avec plaisir!

Quinto Black CT
Old 19th May 2017, 19:03   #89
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi PeterK.,

Winamp has 3 ways to change the track run time from displaying the remaining time or the elapsed time. The keyboard "Ctrl+T" shortcut, the main context menu "Options" sub-menu commands, and by clicking on the run time in the main player window/panel.

I just noticed that only clicking on the run time in the main player window works in this skin. However, "Ctrl+T" does change what is enabled on the main context menu "Options" sub-menu.

Old 19th May 2017, 19:32   #90
PeterK.

Quote:
... I just noticed that only clicking on the run time in the main player window works in this skin. However, "Ctrl+T" does change what is enabled on the main context menu "Options" sub-menu.
The reason why you cannot use the context menu or keyboard shortcut is the oldtimer script which on one side shows an additional "0" in the running time but on the other "blocks/disables" the "switch option".

So yes, you can only switch from Time elapsed to Time remaining by clicking on the running time on the MainPlayer. I just do not know how to combine both features: additional "0" and working keyboard short cut. (and I do not want to delete the former one )

Quinto Black CT
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:36   #91
PeterK.

I linked the side panels of both VU Meters (analog and digital) to the Main Player which means that changing the side panels color on the Main Player will automatically change the color on the VU Meters. Now you can choose between brown, red and black.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SidePanels.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	820.5 KB
ID:	53270  

Quinto Black CT
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor