Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center

Old 9th October 2004, 15:38   #81
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Game of the moment: Mario Advance Tour (I think thats the name, you know, the golf one for GBA)

Its entertaining enough to play emulated on my PC, Nindo did a great job of making a seriously fun golf game with lots of subgames and an RPG element... excellent. I only wish it was a bit longer, but hey, it is a GBA game.

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2004, 14:55   #82
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Gone back to finish off Resident Evil Zero on the cube, I keep getting snuffed out though, just been eaten by a fuckin huge frog :-/

Mario pinball on the GBA, no idea what the hell I'm doing on it however, lack of instructions...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2004, 15:05   #83
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Beat: GTA: VC

Now Playing: LOTR: ROTK
ESPN NFL 2k5

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2004, 17:20   #84
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Finished Resident Evil Zero, now playing "leech hunter" the bonus game that got unlocked at the end

Might have a crack at Resident Evil 1, the cube remake next seeing as I've had it for 9 months without taking the wrapping off...
Old 12th October 2004, 11:07   #85
mysterious_w
Forum King

pes 4. I'm gonna enter the PES league.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2004, 06:52   #86
rsf
DragonSon²
(Member)

Still playing Fable even though I've beaten it about two or so weeks ago.
rsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2004, 19:06   #87
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

silent hill + super mario rpg

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 07:38   #88
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

The Sims 2(PC)
Quake III Arena(PC)
Counter Strike(PC)
Wolfestein: Enemy Territory(PC)
ESPN 2K5 Football(Xbox)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (PS2)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
Continuum (PC) a.k.a SubSpace

And soon

GTA: San Andreas (PS2)

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 07:49   #89
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Dork, don't forget, same day as San Andreas gets released on the PS2, GTA also comes out for the GBA in classic top down view mode.
Old 14th October 2004, 09:00   #90
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Dork, don't forget, same day as San Andreas gets released on the PS2, GTA also comes out for the GBA in classic top down view mode.
Did not know that, thanks Jones.

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2004, 10:41   #91
Lapikas
Major Dude

Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction. Difficulty Nightmare!
Damn it's hard!

The requested SIG could not be retrieved
Lapikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2004, 12:57   #92
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Tron 2 : Killer App on the gba, hehe, pocket sized tron fun
Old 15th October 2004, 23:45   #93
PAK-9
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Lapikas
Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction. Difficulty Nightmare!
Damn it's hard!
And Damn it's fun!

...innit
Old 18th October 2004, 10:53   #94
Lapikas
Major Dude

Yes it is
To balance things a bit I started playing Postal 2! No more struggling, just brainless killing

Old 18th October 2004, 15:21   #95
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

I've recently beaten SWAT 3. Good game, but some missions are extremely hard due to the AI. Others, on the other hand, are extremely easy. Can become quite frustrating at times.

Before that, I finally beat Splinter Cell, which was awesome!

Now playing the single player mode of UT 2004 for lack of other good single player games that I'd actually like to play again.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2004, 19:51   #96
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Woo I finally got the Pugeot 206 on Ralli Sport Challenge and I'm a little disapointed. Its a great car its just so light. Make a mistake and bam your rolling sideways. You gotta tune specifically for it just to get it to steer well at high speeds. Still a good car as is the Subaru which slides nice and heavy.

That and TimeSplitters. No Plot Line whatsoever. Fun Arcade mode. Cheap game.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004, 09:56   #97
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Game of the Moment: Tales Of Symphonia (Gamecube) RPG

http://tales.namco.com

ITs a multiplayer RPG with tons of sidequests and a very twisted storyline. This thing is like crack to me now. I beat it twice already and now I am treading through the game to collect any and everything(which is alot). One of the reasons I keep playing it is because of the battle system. There are multiple difficulty settings that you can turn up and down at any moment but I leave it on one setting per completion of the game.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 07:24   #98
Lapikas
Major Dude

Got few new games and started try 'em out: Jagged Alliance 2, Swat 3 and Unreal gold. I liked all of them but have played Swat 3 the most. Jagged Alliance seemed hard but I think that I'll just have to learn to play it..

Old 26th October 2004, 23:40   #99
toejam07

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (on Gamecube). Still haven't beaten it yet, but considering that I only got it in January as part of The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition disc that came free with my subscription to NP, and that my video game time is very rare during the school year, and most of the time I do have is spent playing a multiplayer game with siblings, I'm not doing too bad. (Damn, that is one long sentence.) Currently working my way through the Water Temple (ended yesterday by grabbing the Longshot) as I have found a bit of extra time lately. I'm not smart enough to do it on my own, though and have found myself looking at a walkthrough on zelda.com quite a few times. An immensely enjoyable game, though, as I thought it would be considering that Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are my favorite games for each's respective console.
Old 27th October 2004, 00:54   #100
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Far cry rox so much it's just.. oh my gosh ive got to go play it.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 05:25   #101
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

GTA:Advance on the GBA, woooo
Old 30th October 2004, 19:27   #102
PAK-9
Major Dude

Game of the moment: Street Fighter Alpha 3

Actually been playing it on and off since I got it a few months ago (emulated... but its still great with my sidewinder gamepad). Its without a doubt the most brilliant beat-em-up I've ever played... the kind of game where you can uppercut a noob and kill them before they hit the ground.

...innit
Old 30th October 2004, 23:36   #103
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

eBay

I'm Back?
Old 1st November 2004, 16:57   #104
PAK-9
Major Dude

Much as I'd love to spend money on a game I already 'own', it would involve additionally buying either a GBA or a PS2 which aint gunna happen. Mainly for financial reasons.

...innit
Old 1st November 2004, 23:46   #105
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Why can't we all be like Lil' Romeo and have an XBOX PS2 and GC in our room, bath room, and car?

I'm Back?
Old 2nd November 2004, 07:30   #106
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

GTA San Andreas, and you know what, I'm not really enjoying it for some reason, in some respects I don't think it's that good a follow up :-/
Old 2nd November 2004, 14:10   #107
PAK-9
Major Dude

I had a dream last night that I bought GTA:SA and somehow i hackz0red it to work on my PC. I think its an omen.

...innit
Old 2nd November 2004, 15:12   #108
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Don't waste your time, it's not that good
Old 2nd November 2004, 21:35   #109
PAK-9
Major Dude

I refuse to believe it can be bad... more of the same would be enough to make it brilliant. And I heard they added ragdoll to the models, I cant imagine how cool it is to run someone over and just watch them ragdoll around from the impact. Oh well, I wont get too excited... I have to wait the obligatory 6 months for the totally unchanged PC version. Unless someone miraculously codes a stable ps2 emulator in the mean time.

...innit
Old 2nd November 2004, 21:49   #110
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ok, my take on it, as someone who played VC for the best part of 6 months..

It's not as easily accesable as VC was, feels like a lot harder to get into than VC was, maybe this is because they have made the game SOOOOO much bigger than VC.

This massive increase in size and scope seems to have made them comprimise on stuff, the graphics, while excellent, certainly suffer more from draw distance problems, the lighting effects, while great, make the game swerve from easy to view, to hard to make out what's going on.

Sound wise, again , great soundtrack, maybe too much soundtrack , the voice work is seriously comprimised, seems like they have compressed and compressed to get more on the disc, imagine having all your 320kbps MP3's suddenly change to 56kbps mp3's, it sounds fuzzy and hard to make out, and no, I'm not playing it on some crappy mono 14inch colour tv, this is on my 32inch hi-def plasma with 5:1 surround.

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly lots to do and will probably grow on me, but first impressions to me says they have crammed too much into it and chopped a few corners along the way, both in gameplay and looks.

It's still got lots of bugs, only this evening I got stuck in a pavement.

And while I'm bitching, controls seem a little more clunky than before, they are supposedly improved for more acuracy, but I don't believe it , you can be aiming your gun at something, gently tapping the stick to line it up when BAM, you flip in a full 360 and are facing the otherway.

People are starting to belive that Rockstar can do no wrong, but honestly there are things wrong in SA, probably another few months of play testing/debugging/optimising would have fixed it, but hey, gotta hit those xmas markets right?

It'll keep me busy until the new Zelda comes out anyhow
Old 2nd November 2004, 22:46   #111
PAK-9
Major Dude

"It's not as easily accesable as VC was, feels like a lot harder to get into than VC was, maybe this is because they have made the game SOOOOO much bigger than VC."

I cant say that worries me too much, bigger is better and I derive most of my fun from just dossing around as well as doing the missions.

"...the graphics, while excellent, certainly suffer more from draw distance problems..."

Grrrr... my number one gripe with VC was that they didnt improve the draw distance for the PC version. Being able to stand in the road and watch a car dissapear 50 metres away can RUIN the sense of realism. Plus there is no excuse on a modern system (esp. a PC) where there is plenty of memory to store the active world data. I'll be very annoyed if this is still the case in SA.

"the lighting effects, while great, make the game swerve from easy to view, to hard to make out what's going on."

I think this will be less of a problem with the higher refresh rates and better resolution of a PC. Personally I found the PS2 version of VC was a bit blurry and indistinct after playing the PC version.

"Sound wise, again , great soundtrack, maybe too much soundtrack , the voice work is seriously comprimised, seems like they have compressed and compressed to get more on the disc, imagine having all your 320kbps MP3's suddenly change to 56kbps mp3's, it sounds fuzzy and hard to make out, and no, I'm not playing it on some crappy mono 14inch colour tv, this is on my 32inch hi-def plasma with 5:1 surround."

Yea I heard the music isnt as good as VC, but I think thats a relatively small issue.

"It's still got lots of bugs, only this evening I got stuck in a pavement."

Bugs are annoying... hopefully they will be ironed out for the PC version.

"And while I'm bitching, controls seem a little more clunky than before, they are supposedly improved for more acuracy, but I don't believe it , you can be aiming your gun at something, gently tapping the stick to line it up when BAM, you flip in a full 360 and are facing the otherway."

Again, keyboard and mouse = finer control of the character, so I think that will be less of an issue on the PC version.

Well, I see your point(s)... but really many of those issues sound like they may be fixed with a PC version, which frankly is all I really care about :P

...innit
Old 6th November 2004, 19:44   #112
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Getting things slightly back on track...

Metal Slug Advance on the GBA
Still playing San Andreas on the PS, it's growing on me
Old 7th November 2004, 01:42   #113
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Beat: LOTR: ROTK (PS2)

Now Playing:
(Via VisualBoyAdvance Emulator On PC)
-Mario vs Donkey Kong
-Warioware Inc.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2004, 02:18   #114
xchanessx

Send a message via AIM to xchanessx Send a message via Yahoo to xchanessx
Hitman contracts/PC/Action game
xchanessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 16:30   #115
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Installed a PlayStation emulator because I can't connect my PlayStation here. Started playing Gran Turismo 2 again, ordered a PlayStation pad to USB converter.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
Old 9th November 2004, 17:10   #116
nybergh
Dialup Junkie
(Major Dude)

There are 3 major games in my life right now; Doom 3, Far Cry and Sims 2.

@xchanessx: I wouldn't call hitman a action game, becouse anyone who plays it as a action game misses the whole point.
nybergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 07:05   #117
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Halo 2. Kinda strange. I love the spacey stuff. Doesn't feel as epic as Halo but its still early. Very large. Some of the repetitive linear elements are really kinda fun (The tank going in a straight line shooting shit in all directions). I'll be playing this for a while.

I just started a multiplayer game with myself to see what its like. Oh man is it going to be fun during lan parties and split screens and stuff.

I'm Back?
Old 10th November 2004, 07:18   #118
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Legend of Zelda : Minish Cap on gba, joygasam..
Old 10th November 2004, 09:52   #119
PAK-9
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainNuss
Installed a PlayStation emulator because I can't connect my PlayStation here. Started playing Gran Turismo 2 again, ordered a PlayStation pad to USB converter.
I started playing gt2 on a psx emulator recently too, but I'm too rubbish at the game. I normally love racing games but gt2 is just so hard... I think a lot of it is my crappy joypad.

I cant quite see the point of playing a super-realistic driving game with a digital controller.

...innit
Old 12th November 2004, 14:12   #120
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Indeed, GT2 needs to be played with an analog pad. I'm using my good old Dual Shock controller, which still works like a charm. Except I can't seem to get Force Feedback to work with it.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center