Old 27th December 2005, 03:53   #1
petros32

Send a message via AIM to petros32
Winamp Touch Screen Skin Project

(I have read the sticky)

Winamp Touch Screen Skin Project

My car stereo broke down a few weeks ago so instead of install a new one I have installed a laptop under the co-drivers seat. And hook it up to a 7” LCD touch Screen that is mounted on the top of the dashboard. The OS is WinXP and the idea is that I will play mp3s from the hard drive, instead of having a CD-player. Later I may ad an USB-GPS module and get some Navigator software to.

Because the only input interface is the Touch screen (no mouse while driving, when parked I have one) then I quickly realized that my fingers is too big to smoothly control Winamp.
I tried to find a skin that has what I required but I couldn’t find one.

So my question now goes out to anyone that whish to help me. I can offer some Economical compensation but this is a relative low-budget project and the Touch screen consumed the most of the money, so please be kind when setting your prize.

I tried to put together a few pictures so you can get the idea what I mean, I just cut and paste from Winamp original skin, so feel free to apply some nice design to the idea.

The important thing is that the buttons and scrollbars are big enough so you can control them with your fingers. The screen resolution is 800*600, but if the skin is resizable to 1024*768 that would be nice.

Please lock at the pictures and if you think you can help me, send an e-mail so we can talk about the design, the compensation or any other questions you may have.

Maybe a skin just won’t do it, and this can not be done, please feel free to come with ideas and suggestions.

(The image is in 16colors so it will be small enough to be attached to this post)

/Petros
Attached Images
File Type: gif image3.gif (73.5 KB, 1755 views)
petros32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 09:03   #2
carlosp
Major Dude

check your pms dude.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 17:24   #3
Nate C.

Did this ever get implemented?
Nate C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 15:07   #4
SLoB
Major Dude

We have a couple of touch screen skins over at SC, Nitrous Audio
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 16:09   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Bump - update: Komodo X Touchscreen (DeviantArt) is the skin I'm mantaining and updating to modern interface trends. It'll probably fit most needs for those on touchscreen devices (meaning, besides a touch-responsive playlist, big fonts and minimal controls).
On the works are a Lite (battery and "low-specs PC" friendly) and improved versions.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 20:24   #6
PeterK.

Now THIS would be a tablet/touchscreen skin! I would love to spend the coming 6 months on it ...

What do you think Vic?

"You've got the brains, I've got the looks - let's make lots of money ..."

or ... you've got the tablet, I've got the tricks - let's make ... a skin!
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins