Old 28th June 2006, 05:43   #41
NickMikh

Send a message via ICQ to NickMikh Send a message via Yahoo to NickMikh
Prepare, new bugs are coming:

When playing a song, if I press pause, then press F5, the button looks like a pause button instead of play button. The most interesting fact is that it works correctly(resume).

Also, I really don't understand anything about tooltips. I mean:
PHP Code:
  <button
    id
="tabsGroup.open"

tooltip="Open Tabs"

/>
  <
button
    id
="tabsGroup.close"

tooltip="Close Tabs"

/>

<
togglebutton
    id
="rewind" x="2" y="2"

tooltip="Rewind"

/>
  <
togglebutton
    id
="fastforward" x="-22" y="2" relatx="1"

tooltip="Fast Foward"

/> 
The code works correctly, that's all I wanted so say about tooltips.

And about too much work, too little gain - that's the difference between a good skin and an excellent one. Moreover,the code is not as hard as it seems. Remove action while RW and FF, but add it to OnSetFinalPosition(), make the slider move to new position on RW or FF Timer and disable this moving while the user moves the slider OnSetPosition().
NickMikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 07:13   #42
Paparazzi

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but when I check "Show Rewind & Fast Forward buttons", I get a big green X above the play/pause button ... like some picture is missing. Is that how it is to be or is some file missing? If it is missing, where can I get it from?

PJN123, you said: "4> Red Close... Yellow open (drawers can be draged with mouse)"
Would it not be enough if there was just one button that toggled the drawers on/off?

On top where the song info is and below the elapsed/total time, there are some buttons .. " + , a sheet, a house, a check mark, etc" .. what do they stand for and where does it effect?

In the space below the Song info mentioned above, the ML is displayed ... switching to Viz will remove the ML and put the Viz in there. Two things here:
1) If its a video that is playing, would it be possible to put the video in there instead of the viz as nobody would normally require a video and Viz to work simultaneously?
2) Among the buttons mentioned above ... below the elapsed/total time, would it be possible to include one more button that cycles the display below between ML/Viz/Video.

Thanks & Cheers
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 07:36   #43
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

alltogehter it works great and looks nicer. great job!!
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 09:17   #44
NickMikh

Yeah, Video is working not very correctly. The skin even resizes. But video goes to the right-bottom corner. I don't think auto resizing is a good idea at all, a button will do better. By the way, resizing itself works incorrectly. I tried to switch from one movie to another several times and all the times the skin grew and grew - it became much larger than my screen

Summary:

1) Video should appear in the area of Media Library and Visualization
2) Auto resizing to fit Video works incorrectly
3) I would fit Video into the area, not vice versa
4) Maybe it is good to make buttons 1x, 2x,...
Old 28th June 2006, 13:47   #45
NickMikh

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Winamp2006(&NMP10) the only skins with rewind & fastforward buttons?
Here is the other one. I don't like the skin, but it has the buttons.
Old 28th June 2006, 18:38   #46
pjn123
Major Dude

NickMikh
: The reason why the video resizes the window is because Winamp looks at the current size of the frame and increase the window with the w/h what's needed for the video to be ex: 1x. The only problem with this is that when the main window is resized the video section size stays static and thus doesn't view the video at 1x. And every time you come back from fullscreen the size is checked again thus resizeing to very big sizes after a while. Just disable the auto resize option in the video settings of winamp.

Paparazzi
If that buttons (+,house,...) isn't doing anything it is because you don't have MSPP installed. The buttons for the vis and lib there enable you to have quick access to some of the components functions. The same goes for the ratings and playlist buttons under the playlist.
- About that green X... I've just checked build014 again and all pics is there so you might have not extracted all the files or something like that.

NickMikh (Tooltips)
Will include tooltips for everything.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 21:07   #47
neFAST

Send a message via ICQ to neFAST
great great ! but still some glitches :P

- Equaliser «mirror» stays when in oscillo or off mode. (edit : got it you have to double click the mirror too...)
- active buttons for random, repeat ... are not enough different form inactive ones I think.
- beat visualisation is ugly (a crossover with ClearOne would give birth to the best winamp skin ever I bet !!)

- what about an hibernate option for the timer ?
- and a static display of extra track informations ?
- trebble and bass sliders are desactivated ?
neFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 05:38   #48
Paparazzi

pjn123:
I checked again and the MSPP is installed and skin says so as well (0.14). From the menu if I choose View / Viz, the Viz is activated and those buttons I'm referring to work. If I then choose View / ML, I get the +, house, etc, but non of them work. What do they actually do?

Another thing is the Timer. When I choose STOP and the time, if the song is playing, it stops, but, if I choose ALARM and if the song is stopped, it does not start playing.
Old 29th June 2006, 08:26   #49
NickMikh

I've checked Paparazzi's problem - I can't understand, the buttons work, but one time (I don't know what I did) they really didn't work.

About Video - I don't use Fullscreen - when I have two Videos in playlist, choose one - the window resizes, choose the other - the window resizes and becomes larger, choose the first again - the window resizes and becomes even larger and so on. There are only two Videos, so they can't resize to 1x. Maybe it is Winamp probem, but maybe you can do something about it?
Old 29th June 2006, 18:33   #50
pjn123
Major Dude

To see the tooltips you must disable this:
Settings>>>Visualization>>>"Enable Beat.." AND
Settings>>>View>>>"Enable equalizer..."
:: This is a problem in winamp and I don’t have any way around it at the moment.

:Paparazzi
To see what these buttons should do, do the above steps and look at the tooltip of the buttons. (add media files, select vis plugin,...)

:NickMikh
I know about the video issue. Winamp checks (if the option is enabled in vid options) to see if the video window is the right size on play and when returning from fullscreen.

The reason for it getting bigger and bigger:
When the window is resized the vis/lib gets bigger and the vid/tag/cd stays the same size. When the video want to resize the video window it will calculate it like follow:
CurrentFrameSizeW
currentVideoComponentSizeW
playingVideoW, playingVideoH

new frameSize>>>
w=CurrentFrameSizeW+(currentVideoComponentSizeW - currentVideoComponentSizeW)
SAME with Height...

THUS: When the window is resized the "currentVideoComponentSizeW" will still be the same this because this window is positioned with:
ex: relatx="1" x="-100" w="100"

CONCLUTION:
The window will increase to insane resolutions when playing lots of video because every time the event is triggered the size increase with the size the videoScreen needs to be ideal.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 29th June 2006, 18:56   #51
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by neFAST
great great ! but still some glitches :P

(1)- what about an hibernate option for the timer ?
(2)- and a static display of extra track informations ?
(3)- trebble and bass sliders are desactivated ?
1: Will look into hibernation.
2: Don't understand? Do you meen the info under the track title?(Right-Click the info under the title for on/off options)
3: Look at the equalizer... there is a option for B&T

Old 30th June 2006, 00:06   #52
neFAST

Send a message via ICQ to neFAST
Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
2: Don't understand? Do you meen the info under the track title?(Right-Click the info under the title for on/off options)
OK ! But my idea was something like "everything displayed at the same time" (no rotatiing text).

Quote:
3: Look at the equalizer... there is a option for B&T
My mystake again ... but can't you hide the sliders instead of greying them ?
neFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 04:58   #53
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by neFAST
OK ! But my idea was something like "everything displayed at the same time" (no rotatiing text).

My mystake again ... but can't you hide the sliders instead of greying them ?
Jusy select 1 from the list and it will only show that thus being static...

No. Won't hide it but will make it enable it self when clicked while faded.

Old 1st July 2006, 10:29   #54
pjn123
Major Dude

Winamp 2006 build015

Some of the things isn't finished yet(like winshade) but if you find something else let me know.

Other:
The vis&mirror will be sync soon. And the extra info text high when no components is showed will change width in next build.

Paparazzi
I'm very sorry... The problem you have is because I replaced the mspp settings and the id of the string with the settings was saved "MSPP" and not "mspp" and thus it won't find the path of mspp and that's why nothing worked. If you used the skin for the first time or reinstalled Winamp the previous WA06 settings will not still be saved and that's why it worked on some systems...

PS:
The winshade mode can be docked...
Right-CLick>>>Window Settings>>>Top or bottom

Same goes for the main window(top|left|right|bottom)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z winamp 2006 build015.7z (90.0 KB, 306 views)

Old 1st July 2006, 16:06   #55
pjn123
Major Dude

PS

The extra mspp buttons for vis & lib was switched by mistake...

Hibernation will be in the next mspp release...

Old 1st July 2006, 18:44   #56
Enzifer

Hallo,

for not so long ago I asked for such a kind of colorthemes for good OS integration. It's only necessary that this skin assume the actually used visual style of windows xp. Is it possible??

But for the rest of your work I've big respect
Enzifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 19:15   #57
pjn123
Major Dude

:Enzifer
This isn't possible... All I can do is make it use the default winXP blue pictures and not the winXpMCE05 defualt... But the MCE2005 default looks much better and I have actual played with the theme creator and is possible to change it to look almost like the normal xp one...

PS: This is off the point but I would just like to say that I started ussing the opera(v8.53) browser and WOW!. If you thought that firefox was good you're in for a big surprise. The best feature is the back and forward buttons(instant). Please try it and let me know(that's if youre not using it already)

Old 1st July 2006, 21:15   #58
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
two things.
can you unrate a song using mspp?

i just used jump to file extra, it shrinks the window and prevents it from being resized again.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 21:43   #59
pjn123
Major Dude

:billyvnilly

Yes... The first star is a toggle button(1star/no rating)...

The reason for that is because you are using the skinned option of the jtfe... I will prevent this window from openning in the component area in the future build...

Old 5th July 2006, 06:50   #60
NickMikh

Great. All what I would do to the skin is to make video appear in the main part of the window, not in the tabs - it is too little there, then there is still the problem with visualization reflection, and it would be great if you add songticker to the shade mode.
Old 8th July 2006, 10:48   #61
pjn123
Major Dude

build016

Build016 is just to test the Windows Explorer... Let me know what you think...

There will be a on/off button for this...
The winshade mode is far from complete.

Hibernation support (MSPP 0.16)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z winamp 2006 build016.7z (96.2 KB, 272 views)

Old 8th July 2006, 11:16   #62
Paparazzi

Don't know why, but with this new build (16), I am unable to see any window I mean, I cannot get any of the interface visible. When I switch to build 14 or 15, everything is normal. I presumed that I had to have the MSPP 16 and so, I got it installed as well ... still no luck! I then deleted the winamp.ini file and still, with the build 16 I cannot see the interface. WA appears in the taskbar and system tray, but there is no window!
Old 8th July 2006, 14:37   #63
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

you'd need to edit studio.xnf if a modern skin is off screen

the explorer thing is pretty badass! (works on winxpsp2)
one feature i would request is to be able to use explore (where the folder tree pops up on the left side)

two things ive noticed, you cant right click in open space. sometimes the mouse will retain its onhover state (like moving from a drag position then moving the mouse over the explorer window, it keeps the drag arrow.

mspp - i updated to v0.16, was the version number not changed in the installer? it still says im running 0.14.

awesome work!
Old 8th July 2006, 16:02   #64
pjn123
Major Dude

billyvnilly

Yes, I know about the cursor problem but I don't know if there is something I can do about it... Will see.

At the moment I don't know how to get the folder list in the explorer but I will play with it and do some research on it.
MSPP will stil show version014 because i didn't update the check but I will do this.

There is a new script there that don't allow the skin to go offscreen but I didn't test it. At the moment it works from the second resize, so I will fix this.
If any skin gives you problems just exit winamp.. wait 5seconds... then delete studio.xnf. All should be well.

If this doesn't work could you give me your system display specs please, billyvnilly.

EX:
800x600
taskbar @ bottom
2 monitors
and anything else that makes it different from the norm...

Old 8th July 2006, 16:49   #65
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Quote:

If this doesn't work could you give me your system display specs please, billyvnilly.
I'll assume you meant Paparazzi.

I like the fact that you cant oversize the stick mode greater then the width of the screen.

another thing i found is when i go from stick mode back to regular, everything below the playlist editor is gone. And then a second time everything (pledit and file info box) are gone.
Old 9th July 2006, 08:25   #66
Paparazzi

Hey thanks! I deleted the xnf file and its all ok now!
Old 10th July 2006, 09:33   #67
Paparazzi

pjn123, I was just wondering ... now that you have put the Explorer into this skin, would it be too difficult to include an option to put the Dynamic Library into it as well?

Thanks
Old 10th July 2006, 09:55   #68
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
good work with explorer - did this in a recent skinof me too - but never finished it!
btw i think you can get the folderpath if you call onDocumentComplete function for browser!

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 09:56   #69
DrO

Quote:
:billyvnilly

Yes... The first star is a toggle button(1star/no rating)...

The reason for that is because you are using the skinned option of the jtfe... I will prevent this window from openning in the component area in the future build...
the main reason for that with the skinned jtfe frame is because it uses a fixed sized skinned frame (as is allowed by the skinned frame api) and a fully working resizeable version of the jtfe dialog is still some way off since there's a few quirks i can't quite iron out. just thought i'd give a bit of info on the matter

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 20:23   #70
pjn123
Major Dude

build017

NEW:

:build017
- Info & Tags are refreshed on files
with same artist+title
- Support MSPP new version check
- New buttons for Windows Explorer

New buttons in explorer:

One level UP.
Goto current song's folder
Auto goto playing song's folder.

Any requist or ideas are welcome

martin.deimos:
Quote:
btw i think you can get the folderpath if you call onDocumentComplete
Already using it in build016... Or is there a bug?

Paparazzi:
Quote:
pjn123, I was just wondering ... now that you have put the Explorer into this skin, would it be too difficult to include an option to put the Dynamic Library into it as well?
DrO:
Thanks for the info!

Anyone know how to open the folder list from a browser??

Skin size just just <100Kb
Attached Files
File Type: 7z winamp 2006 build017.7z (98.9 KB, 7093 views)

Old 10th July 2006, 21:02   #71
Frek

Great skin, I love it !!
You are working hard and very fast on it, continue !!
The skin is even better with the Dynamic Library plug in.
It will be great if the media library had 3 columns, one for the principal directory, one for the artist directory and one for albums directory, not like the Single GUI skin, which has the 3 columns but needs to have very well tagged music files, just an explorer with 3 columns.
I don't know if a plug in already exist for this.
I think this kind of plug in existed for Winamp3, but I can't remember the name.
Nice job, congratulation

Last edited by Frek; 10th July 2006 at 21:41.
Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 22:59   #72
SLoB
Major Dude

looks good, chocablock with goodies
couple of things
-when resizing to smallest size,
* url path box still visible even tho ie is not visible, it hovers over the cbuttons
* missing bottom frame gfx on pl, no resize img either
* possible to select vis buttons on view menu which overlap the song info area and vis/lib buttons

perhaps hide/show buttons in main cbutton section depending on width, atm you can resize to only show half buttons/sliders
again with small size but big enough to show eq, timer, appearance, settings buttons which operate but those respective windows cut off due to size, perhaps dont display them if there is not enough room/size?
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 10:24   #73
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
sorry, just didn't notice it!

to create a explorer bar using mspp:
make a nsis exe (like the ones for rating) and check if drive a: is available then b: ---- z:
if it is it will store a jpg [driveletter].jpg in the dir which can be loaded
only an idea don't know if it works!

Old 11th July 2006, 15:34   #74
pjn123
Major Dude

martin.deimos:
Is was talking about the explorer bar on the left of Windows Explorer (view>>>explorer bar>>>folders)...
But the above method can be handy with playdrive...

Old 11th July 2006, 16:42   #75
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Old 12th July 2006, 06:22   #76
mynameisnobody

Quote:
Any requist or ideas are welcome
so here some ideas:

1.) how about user defined buttons next to the "Lib"and "Vis" Buttons.
For example I use the LeoLyrics, Albumlist and DynamicLibrary, so I think it would be very handy if I could switch easy only with one click.

2.) the space where Artist and Title is shown is a bit unused - is it possible to make it userdefinable?
The way of formating like in "Advanced Title Formating" and/or the plugin "Tips" with variables(incl.fontsize) woud be a great thing.

What do you think about?
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 06:52   #77
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

you could use my method above to create a drop down menu which all drives in it like in windows explorer navbar

Old 14th July 2006, 17:32   #78
elpistolero

Hey pjn123,

Sorry for going off-topic, but I've sent you a mail via the forum a week ago about my wmp11 skin and didn't get an answer yet. I'm quite proud of it and would love to release it to the public. But I don't want to do that without your ok since there are pieces of your code in it (and even some graphics).

Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.
Screen: http://www.marky-g.de/wmp11.jpg
Skin: http://www.marky-g.de/WinampMediaPlayer11.wal

But beware, there are still some bugs and the skin is still missing configuration options.

--elpistolero

Last edited by elpistolero; 14th July 2006 at 17:47.
elpistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 04:59   #79
Paparazzi

elpistolero, nice one there I specially like the colour. As mentioned by you, its still incomplete as regards the video.

Maybe the user should be given the ability to drag the PL bar up or down depending on how big they want the PL area. The fact that the PL comes at the bottom is a disadvantage in that if full screen is used, a lot of area is wasted as the song name will remain on the left had side. Alternatively, if you really want the PL to be at the bottom, maybe you could put in more of the tag information in the PL along with the song name so that the space is utilized.

Maybe, a seperate thread need to be opened for this or ... maybe you could work with PJN on this to have both the skins progress equally!
Old 18th July 2006, 07:11   #80
pjn123
Major Dude

Winamp 2006 buil018

NickMikh:
Quote:
1) Video should appear in the area of Media Library and Visualization
New:

:build018
- Address bar hides when not showed
- Player layout valid check on start
- Fixed width of extra info scroller
- Replaced the stationInfo with AVS
- Fixed the crash on playDrive
- Added message for playDrive
- Added option to open Vid&Avs as extra
- Added buttons for extra component
- Reduced picture file sizes
- Added seeker for winshade
- Option to hide explorer

If anyone get problems with the new component handling methods let me know.

Quote:
- Replaced the stationInfo with AVS
The reason for this is because Winamp doesn't keep the guid constant in it's releases.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z winamp 2006 build018.7z (94.8 KB, 283 views)

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins