Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 27th November 2013, 16:11   #41
lostinsound

Was 'Color Themes' intentionally removed from the 'Options' menu in the main window? I'm not seeing it in Modern or Bento skins. It was there in 5.65.

Edit: I just realized this is the plugin bug report thread and this probably should have gone in the core bug report thread. Sorry.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 00:26   #42
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinsound View Post
Was 'Color Themes' intentionally removed from the 'Options' menu in the main window? I'm not seeing it in Modern or Bento skins. It was there in 5.65.

Edit: I just realized this is the plugin bug report thread and this probably should have gone in the core bug report thread. Sorry.
Welp, never mind. Silly me didn't try a clean install before posting this, but now that I have, everything looks awesome. I was having some other troubles with some of the menus and it all seems to have gone away with a clean install. Must have been something weird with the upgrade.

Still the greatest player I've ever come across, thanks for all the great work on the final version!
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:17   #43
mizaru

in_mp3 in version 5.666 has a bug that causes it to call
calloc(1, -1);
for certain files, apparently a problem with ID3V2 tags.
Minimal truncated example is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bug.zip (272.7 KB, 334 views)
mizaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 11:16   #44
DrO

use the in_mp3.dll from build 3512.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 00:28   #45
DJ_MELERIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
use the in_mp3.dll from build 3512.
from where we can get that dll ?

is not better create a updated build with that dll included for everyone ?
DJ_MELERIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 13:54   #46
PACS

There is an error Auto-tag

Hello everyone.
Winamp 5.666 build 3516(x86)
Windows 7 Pro SP1 (32 & 64 bit) tested
CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll
Send 149 songs on the AutoComplete tag after all the songs will be requested through the internet is an error.On other computers the same error comes
*P.S I am sorry for any errors translator used*
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_win7_sp1pro_x32.zip (33.8 KB, 331 views)
File Type: zip report_win7_sp1pro_x64.zip (45.8 KB, 347 views)
PACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 14:01   #47
DrO

DJ_MELERIX: it couldn't have been done at the time you'd asked about it and until the new owner provides a new desktop release, there's not much else that can be done either (as most of the licenses including MP3 playback would need to be re-done). hence i'd not expect to see a new Radionomy provided version for a while to come. See Known Bugs for the dll.

PACS: it's a known and unfixable issue with auto-tagging and other than determining the file(s) which cause it for you and excluding them or just not using the feature, there's nothing which can be done to fix it (as the crash itself is in a 3rd party library which Winamp is unlikely to use in future releases when a Radionomy version of the desktop client is released).
Old 30th March 2014, 22:55   #48
winamp_noob

there is a bug, if you queue more than 28 items winamp doesnt show items queued in the playlist (i.e. it stops after 28 number for some reason).

it queues later if you press q on the item but doesnt display in the playlist..
winamp_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 23:09   #49
DrO

we need more information than that to even attempt to triage the issue. an info tool report is needed as well as more details on the playlist being used, where you're queuing things from and anything else to help replicate the issue (which is not possible with what you've provided so far).
Old 30th March 2014, 23:16   #50
winamp_noob

@DrO, i'm using classic winamp 2.x skin.

just try to queue more than 28 items and check playlist, nothing will be highlighted except 28 items.

i dunno how i can send a report about this issue, it's very simple to re-produce.
Old 30th March 2014, 23:21   #51
DrO

info tool report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins which can be attached to a post.

i cannot replicate the issue (where queue highlighting is done via my own plug-in), hence asking for everything i posted. as clearly there must be something specific about playlist item #28 and later in your playlist (which would be ideal to have a copy off it), but as i have no idea what it is, i cannot attempt to provide a fix for it.
Old 30th March 2014, 23:39   #52
winamp_noob

ok, DrO, i get you.

here is a winamp info tool report:
Attached Files
File Type: txt info_tool_report.txt (9.2 KB, 287 views)
Old 31st March 2014, 08:51   #53
DrO

you're not on the current Winamp release. update to build v5.666 3516 from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download (you're on v5.66 build 3507 which is a few builds behind) and then apply the updates from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=156839#known2 and try again.
Old 15th May 2014, 19:36   #54
mhanor

I've found a bug, probably caused by DirectSound Output or Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder.
After Winamp loads, the first song it starts playing (automatically or manually), if it's a wma file, the first split second of audio playback is high volume. To reproduce, set the Winamp volume to a low level, where you barely hear it playing, then close it. Now open Winamp and play the sample wma file, from below. Using the same Winamp session, restart playing, to hear the normal volume for the start of the audio file. Close Winamp to repeat the steps.

Windows 7 SP1 x64, Winamp 5.666 3516, clean install, Realtek ALC889.

http://www.theflute.co.uk/media/Bach...nataAmin_1.wma
mhanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 20:27   #55
DrO

reproduced and is an issue i also saw with the CD playback plug-in a few months back so it will likely be the same issue (where things aren't being initialised in the correct order which is only an issue for the first time a file is played).

[edit]
and it's now fixed internally so will be included with the fixes when we release a new Winamp release (hopefully before the end of the year). it also affected the panning level as well.
Old 16th May 2014, 02:38   #56
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
does it apply to other formats as well?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 04:24   #57
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Is that a typo? Did you mean to write "it is now fixed internally"?
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 08:40   #58
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
does it apply to other formats as well?
I don't know without trying though anything via in_mp3, in_mp4 and in_flac should be ok (based on my own quick tests).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
Is that a typo? Did you mean to write "it is now fixed internally"?
oops, post fixed.
Old 30th November 2014, 16:05   #59
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Delete Podcast Crash

When I try to delete a listing from the Downloads menu under Podcast Directory, Winamp crashes.
This happens whether I try to delete a failed download or one that is successful.
I have attached a video, the Winamp Info Report, and the error message that windows produces. The text file has the information from two separate crashes.
If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thanks

[EDIT] And just to add, the Cleanup button works great. But it clears everything out (unfortunately, ooooops) It is just the remove button or Highlighting them and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crash Video.zip (880.2 KB, 228 views)
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_11-30-2014.zip (7.2 KB, 238 views)
File Type: txt Windows Error Text.txt (1.6 KB, 292 views)
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 23:57   #60
DrO

i've not been able to replicate this and isn't ideal that the crash reporter doesn't appear to kick in for you as that'd be helpful. can you instead try with the method from http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...86&postcount=6
Old 8th December 2014, 01:23   #61
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Well, son of a gun!!! I cannot reproduce it now to create a dump for you. I am glad that I made the video or I would think I was going bonkers! When I click remove or delete from the keyboard, the item just gets removed at this point. Is it possible that the list was too big and causing it to error? I am sure I had a couple of hundred things in there.
Like I said in the previous post, I clicked cleanup while testing this error and that cleared out everything, so I guess I am going to have to wait till the list fills up again to keep trying.
Sorry to waste your time, but if/when this happens again, I will update this thread with your dump information and anything else I can grab for you. Thanks for your time and keep up the great work.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 01:30   #62
DrO

it could be a memory issue, depends how big it is or whatever ever is loaded / going on at the time. or it could be anything else, though with it crashing in mscvr90.dll, it's probably a memory or some form of data corruption going on. ideally i'd like to make some changes to how the download view works under the hood but unless there's a reliable crash, it'll have to be low priority for the time being.
Old 19th December 2014, 21:55   #63
kimboslicer

I was listening to MP3 audio if that helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (49.9 KB, 229 views)
kimboslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 21:59   #64
DrO

please re-download and install the patched Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 installer from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download (use the .co.uk link).and that might fix your crash issue. if it doesn't, then please provide a new crash report from the patched build.
Old 19th December 2014, 23:51   #65
kimboslicer

and now it doesnt even launch!
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winamp.exe
Application Version: 5.6.6.3516
Application Timestamp: 52aa753e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_7f2f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 74194cad
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7f2f
Additional Information 2: 7f2fbd2a50488691ddcd267ab5102751
Additional Information 3: 546e
Additional Information 4: 546e86b1a04b30b350dfca5626538ee5
Old 20th December 2014, 00:15   #66
DrO

run Winamp in it's safe mode to see if that helps. if it still doesn't start then provide an info tool report (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins)
Old 20th December 2014, 01:37   #67
kimboslicer

That did help! I tried switching skins in safe mode and it didnt help
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_12-19-2014.zip (7.3 KB, 262 views)
Old 20th December 2014, 01:44   #68
DrO

remove gen_audioscrobbler.dll from the Winamp\Plugins and that will likely allow Winamp to load in non-safe mode.

as for the skin switching. go to %appdata%\Winamp and remove the studio.xnf file (don't completely delete it, just in the recycle bin is enough) and see if that helps with the skin switching (as it's most likely the issues with the gen_audioscrobbler.dll plug-in has corrupted the studio.xnf file).
Old 20th December 2014, 02:11   #69
kimboslicer

Thanks!! its working like it was again!
EDIT: it does crash every 5-10 mins
EDIT2: its seeming a little more solid now, it could've just crashed cause i was adding so much media at once?

Last edited by kimboslicer; 20th December 2014 at 03:33.
Old 29th December 2014, 21:03   #70
DrO

if it keeps crashing, you really need to provide a copy of the crash report which should be being generated so it can be looked into why it keeps crashing still.
Old 1st April 2015, 04:02   #71
siavash119

Bug with Nullsoft DirectSound Output

There is a bug with Nullsoft DirectSound Output (i'm using v2.64 (d))

It can only play 2, 4, or 5.1 channel formats; otherwise I get
Error creating DirectSound buffer.
Error code: 80070057
and the file won't play

To replicate install clean winamp and play any different channel format file (e.g. 2.1, 5, 7.1) Attached is an example song: it's a 16-bit 44100Khz 5 channel FLAC file that plays fine in other media players in original format.

On latest winamp using Windows 8.1 primary sound is HDMI to a 7.1 system. allow 24-bit and allow surround sound enabled in winamp options and windows sound options.

For futher testing I changed from nullsoft flac decoder to directshow decoder and used ffdshow audio decoder. I played around with the mixer and yeah, unless it was set to output 2, 4, or 5.1 channels, winamp directsound output gave me the above error. I tried every combination of allow hardware acceleration and creating primary buffer options in directsound output settings with no luck. With a 5 channel wav file, winamp crashed as soon I put the file in the playlist.

For some reason forum attachment isn't working; here's a link to 16-bit 44100Khz 5 channel flac file: https://abcdn.co/files/sc.flac
siavash119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 04:14   #72
shanghi

+1 Bug with Nullsoft DirectSound Output

I am experiencing this as well. I am creating 8 channel (7.1) WAV files from Sonar and trying to play them in WinAmp. I have the latest WinAmp version. I just wanted to add that I initially tried 16Bit 44.1K as well. So I tried mixing them down in 16Bit 48K, 24Bit 44.1K, and 24Bit 48K just to see if any of the other formats would work. They all generate the same error as siavash119 described. However they all play fine in Windows Media Player.
shanghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 18:58   #73
GraefinZahl

Bug: Can't add specific feed

I am not able to add a specific feed. Winamp crashes everytime nearly immidiately when I try to add it. With another podcatcher (FeedDemon) it works, so the link itself is not the problem and I already added many other podcasts to Winamp. Am I doing something wrong or is this really a bug?
Here is the podcast URL: http://popupchinese.com/feeds/custom/public
GraefinZahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:37   #74
tdebaets

I think that I have come across a bug in the gen_ml plug-in API. The getRecordExtendedItem(pItem, "RATING") API returns NULL for about 1 out of 10 songs in the library, even for songs that do have a rating. This bug is present in Winamp 5.666, but I also checked older versions and found out that the issue was introduced with version 5.65. The API still works fine in 5.64.

The effect of this bug is that 3rd party plug-ins are unable to fetch all ratings. This for example breaks (non-pmp) ml_ipod's ability to sync ratings to the iPod. A lot of other plug-ins are likely affected as well.

To illustrate the issue, I have attached the source code of a PrintAllRatings procedure that prints the rating of each song in the library. The code is in Delphi, but it should be trivial to port to C. I have also attached the output of this procedure on a small library, filled with songs from a specific folder. All songs in this library have a rating set, as read from the ID3 popularimeter tag.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PrintAllRatings.txt (824 Bytes, 170 views)
File Type: txt output.txt (35.4 KB, 201 views)
tdebaets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 02:50   #75
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdebaets View Post
I think that I have come across a bug in the gen_ml plug-in API.

The effect of this bug is that 3rd party plug-ins are unable to fetch all ratings.
does this bug only affect 3rd party plugins? or can it affect the native app/plugins as well?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:50   #76
tdebaets

This also affects native plug-ins using the API. There is however another way to get a song's rating (by using the Unicode-supported media library API), which seems unaffected by this bug.
tdebaets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 21:38   #77
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
I seem to have come across what appears to be a problem with in_cdda.dll with no 3rd party plugins installed (including my own).

Details here though it includes results with one of my plugins installed as well without any 3rd party plugins: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....95#post3035695

In short, if you try to Transcode a CD track (it of course will fail but if...), as cda://E,1 and as E:\Track01.cda, any attempt to playback a CD track afterward will result with an error dialog saying that the CD drive is already in use and playback will fail.

This was with using an external USB CD drive. Don't know if it's the same with an internal drive, don't have one to test with.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 16:01   #78
aaradaa

sorry I thought I'd replied to this, the build aminifu mentions will give me a more usable crash dump if the issue happens again (the prior build had it enabled but not in the way needed to make the crash dump usable).
aaradaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 16:03   #79
aaradaa

In short, if you try to Transcode a CD track (it of course will fail but if...), as cda://E,1 and as E:\Track01.cda, any attempt to playback a CD track afterward will result with an error dialog saying that the CD drive is already in use and playback will fail.

This was with using an external USB CD drive. Don't know if it's the same with an internal drive, don't have one to test with.
aaradaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports