Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 11th December 2013, 01:37   #161
DrO

reproduced. will have to sort that out first thing in the morning.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 02:57   #162
BrodaNoel

Any Shortcut are working in my version of Winamp (5.666).
Cntl + A
Cntl + L
J

Nothing...
BrodaNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 04:06   #163
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi BrodaNoel,

You are probably using a language pack. If so, this and other language pack related issues will be addressed in the final update to the last AOL sponsored Winamp release.

If you are not using a language pack, then you have not provided any details that would allow anyone to even start trying to determine the problem. There is a sticky on how to write a useful bug report.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 04:38   #164
BrodaNoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi BrodaNoel,

You are probably using a language pack. If so, this and other language pack related issues will be addressed in the final update to the last AOL sponsored Winamp release.

If you are not using a language pack, then you have not provided any details that would allow anyone to even start trying to determine the problem. There is a sticky on how to write a useful bug report.
Yes. I'm using a languaje pack. Is the Spanish pack. (winamp-es-us)
BrodaNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 07:27   #165
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
DrO: If you're at patching at the moment, just a small thing: On XP (didn't test on 7) in the whatsnew.txt dialog, when selecting a specific version from the dropdown, in the textbox after the last character a small square is displayed (probably a left-over 0x0D from 0x0D 0x0A, which Windows STILL cannot interpret as a line break but instead makes a square if it's not a complete 0D 0A).

But LOWEST PRIORITY!
The "Right-click enqueue selected from playlists" thing is the more important thing to cover in the patched build, I think

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 11:46   #166
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodaNoel View Post
Yes. I'm using a languaje pack. Is the Spanish pack. (winamp-es-us)
try the updated version from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755 though there is a newer version (not in that thread) which will be released in a day or two (which should fix any other keyboard shortcut issues).
Old 11th December 2013, 11:47   #167
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
DrO: If you're at patching at the moment, just a small thing: On XP (didn't test on 7) in the whatsnew.txt dialog, when selecting a specific version from the dropdown, in the textbox after the last character a small square is displayed (probably a left-over 0x0D from 0x0D 0x0A, which Windows STILL cannot interpret as a line break but instead makes a square if it's not a complete 0D 0A).
just tried it on XP and even tried under a language pack and am not seeing that appearing.
Old 11th December 2013, 11:57   #168
kzuse

With German lang pack and on XP (without extended Unicode-support, maybe that's also important to say, because I have checked the "Disable all advanced language services" checkbox, or however this is called in English, in the Regional Settings of Windows) it is definitely appearing, see screenshot...

But it's no problem

Old 11th December 2013, 12:25   #169
DrO

only thing i can think off (as i've tried with the de langpack) is that it's due to the temp buffer not being zeroed correctly (even though we do null-terminate the buffer to resolve such things) so i've made one explicit change to pre-zero the whole of the buffer which is about all i can do as there's nothing in the file which we're not already doing which should cause that invalid character.
Old 11th December 2013, 17:19   #170
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
reproduced. will have to sort that out first thing in the morning.
that was not a fun one to try to fix and it's still not clear why it's messing up but i've put in alternative handling which should ensure the playlist item is correctly removed the from the tree to then prevent the subsequent issues. Aminifu, am hoping you'll be able to check it out with a beta build i'll be running off later tonight...
Old 11th December 2013, 18:26   #171
lordsilver

If I select "Skin the window in the current Winamp skin style" is there any way that the font in the "Jump to file" window be the same as in the playlist???
And another thing, I marked with red where the font isn't showed in the right way, is bigger (like I selected for the playlist, I think)... maybe that "Search for text" thing may not be modified as the playlist font.
lordsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 19:42   #172
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

This is already working fine, is 'Media library uses same font as playlist editor' checked under:

Preferences > Media Library > Apperance ?

And can you verify that you are using Winamp 5.666 Build 3512 and Jump To File Extra v1.31 (Build 1212)?

For me it's just working fine:

http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1386794532/jumpi.png
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 19:47   #173
lordsilver

Uhmm... this is the lite version from lite installer, so I don't have any "Media library" (I think). Yes, is Winamp 5.666 build 3512 - Nov 26 2013 and Jump To File Extra v1.31 (Build 1212).
Old 11th December 2013, 19:51   #174
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Hmm, yeah, if you don't have the library installed you don't have the option (I guess the main reason, why DrO is using the ML option, instead of an own in JTFE config was the lack of time and the localization impact)

But I wonder where JTFE then gets the wrong search field font from, if it wasn't set to use the the playlist font?

We have to wait for DrO, sorry.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:15   #175
DrO

i leverage most of the drawing code from the library plug-in (which always should have been in winamp.exe to avoid such issues) and that's why it's acting all weird (as i generally don't test without a library unless someone reports a bug) e.g. no skinned scrollbars. will try to look into it but is likely it'll be fixed after the 5.666 update release that is coming.

alternatively, try using the un-skinned version if using lite as you're effectively crippled in a number of API aspects which having the library (just gen_ml.dll if needed) present implements (which is dumb but is how things evolved and never got fixed to be shared correctly).

[edit]
easiest fix for me is to disable skinned mode on lite / no-ml setups and if that's not liked, then i can be contacted after the release for a version that has skinning support when i've the time to look into re-implementing the APIs needed for lite / non-ml setups.

if that's not liked, now is the time to speak up before i make the changes.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:41   #176
lordsilver

Quote:
easiest fix for me is to disable skinned mode on lite / no-ml setups and if that's not liked, then i can be contacted after the release for a version that has skinning support when i've the time to look into re-implementing the APIs needed for lite / non-ml setups.
if that's not liked, now is the time to speak up before i make the changes.
Pfff, disable the option? But I liked that thing :|... isn't any chance that you can fix it to work correctly?
Old 11th December 2013, 20:47   #177
DrO

not in the timescale i have to work with as i've clearly stated. and as that is _my_ plug-in (so is not owned by Nullsoft in any form), it is below fixing in-Winamp issues as i can update it outside of Winamp releases. alternatively i just leave it as (which is what i'd prefer to do with the amount of things i still have to do for tomorrow's release).
Old 11th December 2013, 20:50   #178
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There is no simply solution, most of the font code is sadly part of gen_ml and not winamp.exe.

I think it's the best solution for now, he still can provide a newer JTFE after the Winamp 5.666 release, which brings support back.

But if you want to use a feature, which needs code from the library plugin, you can:

1. install the media library plugin and use the feature

2. not install the library and don't have the feature.

That's the best solution, people without ML don't see the skinned window and don't see the bugs, you are seeing and people with installed ML can use the feature.

There is still room for a JTFE update later.

[Edit] too slow
Old 11th December 2013, 21:05   #179
lordsilver

Ok, if you can update it later it's okey to not show that option, I think.... but only if that thing will be updated later .
Old 11th December 2013, 21:11   #180
lordsilver

I have a question for you... Are you allowed to include any plugins in the program? When I'm saying that, I'm thinking at the Monkey's Audio Plugin (APE) that is not included in Winamp.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:18   #181
DrO

not without the plug-in authors permission and subject to any agreements (and subsequent licensing payments that would be needed). and considering what's going on with Winamp, no new plug-ins are going to be added and if APE was going to have been added, it would have been done so a long time ago.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:26   #182
lordsilver

And... why didn't they add APE? MP3, FLAC, WAV and APE are the main audio formats used for music, today.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:29   #183
DrO

i don't know, most likely it wasn't deemed viable either due to expected usage levels or licensing. this is why there is a plug-in system so you can have support for things not natively shipped and the point of Winamp is not to ship _everything_ as that just feeds those who claim it's bloated (same for not shipping other skins in the installers, especially for lite).
Old 12th December 2013, 06:06   #184
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
that was not a fun one to try to fix and it's still not clear why it's messing up but i've put in alternative handling which should ensure the playlist item is correctly removed the from the tree to then prevent the subsequent issues. Aminifu, am hoping you'll be able to check it out with a beta build i'll be running off later tonight...
The alternative handling seems to have fixed the issue discovered by Dro Chilla. Too bad you don't have more time, the tough ones usually provide the best opportunities to learn stuff.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:38   #185
DrO

aye though something which helps to fix the issue is better than nothing which was the thing I though I wasn't going to be able to do. I've a few ideas on what's causing it but like you mention is too bad there's not more time. thanks for trying out the test build.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:41   #186
mjbrown

Here's a bug: If the output plug-in is missing, the "Can't find output plug-in" window comes up when Winamp attempts to play a file. Clicking on OK makes the window go away, but only for a split-second, because Winamp advances to the next file and tries to play it. So the error window comes up again and again, forever. You have to kill the winamp.exe process to break the cycle.

To test: Close Winamp. Open %appdata%\Winamp\winamp.ini and in the [Winamp] section, replace outname=whatever with outname=NONEXISTENT.dll. Save the file. Open Winamp and try to play a file. When the "Can't find output plug-in" error window comes up, click OK and see if you can make it go away.

(This came up for me because an output plug-in's uninstaller failed to revert winamp.ini its previous state.)

I am using Win7 64-bit, Winamp 5.666 en_us, Winamp Classic skin. Let me know if more info needed.

Last edited by mjbrown; 12th December 2013 at 20:05.
mjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 21:39   #187
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@mjbrown

Is the DirectSound output plugin (out_ds.dll) present?
It's supposed to fall back to out_ds if the specified output plugin is missing....

[EDIT]

Hmm, it seems to be broken....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 00:21   #188
DrO

or just not coded in, heh. we've changed things for the coming build which will make it try to pick an appropriate 'native' output plug-in before it gives up and shows the error message and aborts playback (effectively forcing to have to look / get a valid output plug-in).
Old 13th December 2013, 02:40   #189
mjbrown

Yes, out_ds.dll is present. Ideal behavior would be what DrO describes. Thanks guys!
Old 13th December 2013, 05:16   #190
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@mjbrown

Check out 5.666 build 3516 - just released.

We've changed it as described :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 09:20   #191
mjbrown

Thanks; it's working great!
Old 13th December 2013, 11:54   #192
DrO

that's good to know its working as intended.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:39   #193
kzuse

Thank you for that new build. I am so sad I cannot use it because it all starts drawing all the fonts in ML in the Windows 3.11-style bold "System" font after clicking a few items, especially "Lokale Medien" (Local Media, the top one). All I click after that, get bold.

If I start up Winamp with a Playlist (such as "Alle") selected, they are drawed in my small Arial (as seen on some of the tree items in the screenshot). And when I then select e.g. "Lesezeichen" (Bookmarks), they are still small. But when I then click on "Lokale Medien", it gets bold and from then on, also "Lesezeichen" etc. are bold as well. (also the DVD drive gets Bold then, even if I don't click on it).

So sad, I guess I have to revert back to 5.65 which was the flaw-lessest version of the three last ones and port the bugfixes that affect me (actually only the stuttering Back button in gen_tray) back to this version by replacing the dll, if that works.

Or maybe this is a bug in the German Language Pack?

I will then of course try an update from Koopa, if and when there is one.

Anyway I bow my head in front of this huge effort and say a big THANK YOU (again)!
Old 13th December 2013, 14:47   #194
DrO

it's not an issue i've seen happen in years and could be something else interacting with Winamp as i definitely didn't do anything with the loading order or view handling which would be able to cause that.

for your needs, you may need to try using 3516 with the ml_local from 3512 to see if that helps or not. and like you mention, also try it natively instead of using a language pack (though i doubt that'll have any effect).
Old 13th December 2013, 14:51   #195
kzuse

Definitely doesn't happen with ml_local from 3512.

(Language Pack doesn't change anything.)

So there's some Bug somewhere in ml_local 3516
Old 13th December 2013, 14:55   #196
DrO

only thing i can think off (as it's been years since i last had to deal with such a font issue) is it's possibly related to the glitching which i'm seeing when increasing/decreasing the font being used. so it could be just something that has always been there but is just appearing consistently on your setup (like happened with some other users in the past from what i remember).

maybe you can try to see what happens if you alter the pledit font to see if it refreshes things back to how they should be. though i've looked back at the changes which were made in ml_local for this release (and isn't something which was reported by others, even koopa's weird setup during the interim builds) and not seeing anything, so it might just be one of those weird timing issues which is appearing after improving some other loading aspects.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:04   #197
Robust

Winamp 5.666 (build 3516)
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: English
Skin: Bug occurs with Big Bento, Winamp modern skin

Locale: English US
CPU: Intel E6850 @ 3.0 GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Sound: Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
DirectX 9.0c

Problem:
The Video tabs seems misplaced when using Big Bento Winamp modern skin.

Method of Reproduction:
1. Install Winamp 5.666 (build 3516)
--Install options selected:
-----Winamp (required)
-----Multimedia Engine:
----------Audio Playback: MP3, FLAC;
----------Output: DirectSound output support
-----User Interface Extensions: Modern Skin Support
-----Languages: English
2. Select Big Benito Winamp modern skin.
3. The Video tabs seems misplaced when using Big Bento Winamp modern skin.

Screenshot:

Last edited by Robust; 13th December 2013 at 18:51. Reason: corrected typos
Robust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 18:15   #198
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

That´s because you´re using BENITO (mexican?), you should probably switch to BENTO..

(Seriously, mine looks fine)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 18:19   #199
DrO

it's most likely because there's seemingly no library present and Bento's tab handling is a bit funky in that scenario. other than picking a different skin or patching the Bento skin or installing the library, there's little else to suggest.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:50   #200
Robust

Thanks for the replies. The big Bento skin was fine in Winamp 5.666 (build 3512).
Robust is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports