Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Old 22nd March 2016, 11:03   #81
MRGrp

Hi DrO

Any suggestion / help from your side? It will be much appreciated.

The above described issue continues and no idea how and why it started.

Thank you.
MRGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:12   #82
neralex

DrO is not more in the SHOUTcast-team.

http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors

Which DNAS version you are using?
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 05:32   #83
MRGrp

Thank you for the update Neralex.

Is anybody else or perhaps a good soul willing to help us out?
Old 27th March 2016, 06:59   #84
gtbc

Hi DrO.
We hv update the server from 1.9.8 to v2. After that our Streaming went out from Shoutcast.com list. Then, we changed back to v 1.9.8. But still we are facing the same prob. Can you able to chk it and give a solution please?
Web: www.gtbc.fm (Radio Name gtbc.fm with 2 streamings
(64) http://38.96.148.140:6150/, (Listed)
(128) http://38.96.148.18:6150/ (Not)
gtbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 07:15   #85
MRGrp

Hello GTCB,

Neralex informed me that DrO is not following these matters anymore (see post above).

I believe that the issue you are facing is the same we highlighted here a couple of weeks ago... unfortunately without getting support so far...

We utilize SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/posix(linux x64) and if accidentally we restart a server, after that one or more streams will not be listed anymore in the YP .

I think that this issue started about 2 or 3 months ago, not sure as we discovered it accidentally/

You may try to restart your server and see if by luck your stream is again listed.

We have several radio stations broadcasting 24/7/365, for each radio station there are live 3 or 4 streams (MP3, AAC, with different bitrates) and if we restart a server, then one, two or three streams (randomly) won't be listed. However It never happens that restarting the server all the streams are properly listed.

Hopefully someone will look into it... I really do not believe that we are the only ones facing this issue!

Regards
Old 6th April 2016, 12:55   #86
kajtek

This version does't work properly I have a breaks in listening. Where can I find earlier versions 2.4.2 ?
kajtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 14:56   #87
neralex

Nowhere, only current builds are supported.

But what you pointed out is a source issue and not a DNAS issue.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:01   #88
laroyj

metadata only on 1ste stream Raspb 2.4.7v256arm

Hi,

Yesterday I did the installation on a RaspberryPi 1 B+

SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/armv6(rpi

I made a sc_serv.conf for 4 streams 2 are in use, when i start streaming both are working and metadata is viewing also, after 1 or 2 songs there's no metadata anymore from the second stream ? the stream self is doing it, what also is very strange is that drom that moment when you look to the Source Encoder Password, this is changed from XXXXXXX12:#2 to XXXXXXX12%252525252525252525252525
From te moment i disconnect, change the password and reconnect it's back ok for the next 5 minutes... on stream 1 it keeps OK,
i tryed with edcast, altacast, all the same....

Also when i take another port in sc_serv.conf par example 8520 , he don't want to take it, he takes always 8000 why ? Problem my dreambox needs also 8001 for streaming en also problems to change....now i shutdown the dreambox to test...

laroyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 15:40   #89
neralex

Your "streampath"s are wrong, this only the path after IP : PORT /streampath. So it should be:

streampath_1/abc.mp3
streampath_2/def.mp3
streampath_3/ghi.mp3

You don't must use the file-extension - you can type what do you want.

Please re-read the /docs/.

It should be correct on this way with different ports:

serverport_1=8081
serverport_2=8082
serverport_3=8083

serverip_1=www.server1.com
serverip_2=www.server2.com
serverip_3=www.server3.com

http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...iguration_File
Old 18th April 2016, 14:10   #90
laroyj

metadata

now it's working, but only witht fixt metadata..... when i try with a .txt file for the metadat it's not working...
you can see my server on http://radiometeor.dyndns.org:8000

Because i don't understand for 100% what you mean, also not the documentation, i tryed this...otherwise can you wrote down how i do it to change the sc_serv.conf file

streamid_1=2 streamid_1=3 etc ...is not working because then stream 1 don't want to connect...i have to do it like in picture..

Old 19th April 2016, 14:24   #91
neralex

The streampath specify only for the part after PORT : IP !!
That means only this: 192.168.1.185:8000 >> /streampath.mp3 <<

This is a way to get a unique path für clients and for web-players. All your mountpoints are providing mp3 so you can use a mp3 streampath. You can type all what do you want, its simply an alias.

The whole instace of sc_serv is using only one port so have to set it for all mountpoints like the adminpassword. That is what I mean with re-read the /docs/. There is all what do you need.

PortBase=8000
adminpassword=xxx
password=xxx
requirestreamconfigs=1

streamid_1=1
streampath_1=/stream1.mp3
streamauthhash_1=xx

streamid_2=2
streampath_2=/stream2.mp3
streamauthhash_2=xx

streamid_3=3
streampath_3=/stream3.mp3
streamauthhash_3=xx
Old 20th April 2016, 02:57   #92
laroyj

streampath and metadata

i changed all this like you write down but the result stays the same,
I read also somewhere else on the forum in a note from your collegue that normaly the system automaticly changed some settings this way, that also the explination, why the result does not changes...

Only on stream 1 i get the now on air metadata for stream 2 and next its only working for the first or maby 2 first songs, you see also almost directly the password changes in the source configuration, when you have for stream 2 password:#2 then it changed in seconds to password%25252525252525 and thats the reason why the metadata does not work anymore..
My question, why this changed always automatic for all streams with passwords with :#xx ?

Thanxs Johan
Old 20th April 2016, 23:14   #93
laroyj

stream stopped

almost 24hrs later edcast hangs en streams stops, i think the reason is always the 252525 that or coming....

If i don't take external metadata and only type a manual phrase for the metadata,
passwords don't changes and i think everything will keepon working....

why they are all those troubles by using external data with using multiple streams, by only using stream 1 there or no problems..
Old 22nd April 2016, 00:01   #94
neralex

As you pointed, this is an issue on the source-side and not related with SHOUTcast.
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:07   #95
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by laroyj View Post
i changed all this like you write down but the result stays the same,
I read also somewhere else on the forum in a note from your collegue that normaly the system automaticly changed some settings this way, that also the explination, why the result does not changes...

Only on stream 1 i get the now on air metadata for stream 2 and next its only working for the first or maby 2 first songs, you see also almost directly the password changes in the source configuration, when you have for stream 2 password:#2 then it changed in seconds to password%25252525252525 and thats the reason why the metadata does not work anymore..
My question, why this changed always automatic for all streams with passwords with :#xx ?

Thanxs Johan
Oddsock's original edcast was poorly written in some places, passwords with non A-Za-z0-9 characters will fail with his code ... change the password, or get a better edcast version - I believe altacast was derived from edcast

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:56   #96
laroyj

metadata troubles...

you're saying....Oddsock's original edcast was poorly written in some places, passwords with non A-Za-z0-9 characters will fail with his code ... change the password, or get a better edcast version - I believe altacast was derived from edcast

What I don't understand is that you can login an that your stream is working with password12:#2 it's only after a while the 252525 are coming in the mean time the stream keeps working, it's only after 20 hours when a sort of buffer is full Adcast stops..

For now I test with Edcast and Altacast 1.0 , both of them gives 2 times the metadata and after that, the second metadata coming from the nowonair.txt file stays...

With Butt 0.1.14 it(s working, only problem here, is that you only can put 1 stream as the source, i have 3 stream, i have to use 2 pc's now, because ik can use edcast or altacast for stream 1 (with metadata because normal password), for stream 2 and next ihave ;#xx in the password so i have to use Butt

Are there other working Multi-source streaming software, free software if possible,
many thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 23:37   #97
neralex

DSP-Plugin for Winamp can do this job but why don't you led do this job your server? Liquidsoap can do this for example. So you need only one uplink from your local maschine.
Old 25th April 2016, 04:18   #98
jaromanda
Forum King

so altacast is as bad as original edcast? how annoying that such simple issues haven't been dealt with - broken password handling is the reason I originally made my own changes to edcast - not that you can get my edcast any more

Old 26th April 2016, 18:31   #99
laroyj

Edcast 3.36 is OK but Altacast 1.1 only a few monthts old, doesn't work for the multistream metadata...
Old 16th May 2016, 21:30   #100
electroradio

When coming the next Version 2.5?
I found a new changelog: http://yp.shoutcast.com/v/2_5_0
electroradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 22:43   #101
neralex

I guess now the time has come and SHOUTcast will ends in a big desaster. If you want download only the DNAS server software you have to create an account with required fields like realname, birthday, adress, telephone number and you have to enter the data for a new radio station or an existing station to renew a existing authhash. Otherwise you don't get it.

really radionomy?
Old 17th May 2016, 03:08   #102
electroradio

I have an existing Station but i cannot Register with my authhash:

Shows always: This AuthHash could not be verified

I created a new one but the same Problem! Please help
electroradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 23:04   #103
Glupsone

Where to download

Quote:
Originally Posted by electroradio View Post
When coming the next Version 2.5?
I found a new changelog: http://yp.shoutcast.com/v/2_5_0

Is it possible to download 2.5.0. I have big problem wih v2 source and winamp listeners ...
Please help me
Glupsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 00:07   #104
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hi all,

To get the latest DNAS 2.5 download, you need to create an account via https://www.shoutcast.com/BroadcastNow > Register
and then you'll see "Download DNAS" in the RMO

Though note that the actual download URLs are exactly the same as before.....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 00:27   #105
neralex

DJ Egg, what is wrong here? It doesn't need to register only an account - it needs to register a complete radio - why and for what?

I want only get the DNAS for a not public installation and so I created a new account with a fake-radio, with a fake-name, fake-adress, fake-phone, fake-birthday, fake-genres and fake-tags and all other required data *lol*. After that I got finally the chance to download the DNAS 2.5. *hurra*

As I uncompressed the tar-archive for linux I noticed that the x86 version contains only the sc_serv file without the rest of files. The x64-archive contains all of them. So for all they are using the x86 version they should also download the x64 archive to get all other files. The windows version is provided also without the conf-examples and without the docs.

The linked wiki in the account shows the old outdated docs and not the renewed version which is contained in the tar-archive of the linux x64 version.

At the end this version has the same issues, especially with v2 source connections in winamp, which DrO has fixed in a BETA version a long time ago. Which means all v2 source connections will not work with the latest winamp and this issue is reported here in these forums. *rofl*

All what I can see are changes for the monetization bulls**t which the most of us are not really need. This should be an option and not requirement to get/use SHOUTcast. Now I can understand DrO why he has left this project.

Its simply ridiculous, sorry!

Old 19th May 2016, 00:48   #106
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hi neralex,

It wasn't my decision... I just work here

TPTB want people to create an account and for stations and authhash etc to be managed via the RMO, so we can list them, and eventually update the listings to support logo, 5 genres, description, etc. You'll also get listed on Radionomy and get an embeddable html5 player, amongst other things....

I've just downloaded the Win32/64 packages and they contain the docs and conf files.
Not sure what you meant there.

Yes, the Linux 32-bit package needs replacing with the full package.
There's already a ticket for the engineers. Thanks for reminding me that it's still not been dealt with.
[EDIT: Done]

Hmm... the wiki... I guess I should update it....
though this was meant to be a silent release, with 2.5.1 (or whatever comes next) being the main announced release...

DNAS monetization with v2.5 is optional. You either trigger the ads or you don't.
Trigger them and generate revenue, or don't. It's up to you.

None of DrO's bug fixes have been removed.
Was the fix in a DNAS beta he gave you?
Did he definitely commit it to the Git Repo?
Or was the fix in a Winamp beta build?

Please PM me a stream url which doesn't play in Winamp.
Old 19th May 2016, 01:29   #107
neralex

I know that wasn't your decision. But you are the only one who is answering here. Radionomy is still in the stealth-mode since they owned SHOUTcast. *gg*

I redownloaded the windows version and now all files are inside - not sure what was wrong at the first run. Now it works.

Check the "Known Issues" in the thread-opener > point 3 ! It was a DNAS issue while you are using a v2 source connection. [ click ] I got exactly the same issue with v2.5. This issue was fixed in the BETA v2.4.7.262 (linux x64, Apr 13 2015). I don't know what he added or not to a Git Repo. We had tested together some BETA builds last year while he was working on a new DNAS.

I tested v2.5 only on a local linux box, so I can't send a stream-link for you.

Honestly - I'm tired here to report more errors. Since the start of v2 I reported issues but my last hopes in SHOUTcast were now completely destroyed. I'll use my current version further because the version runs as it should.
Old 19th May 2016, 02:16   #108
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm, if it was fixed in 2.4.7.262 then it should still be fixed in 2.5.0.715, as it's just a continuation of the same code.
Are you sure you didn't download and test a cached version of 2.4.7.256 instead? Please confirm.
Old 19th May 2016, 10:47   #109
DJ-Garybaldy

Quote:
DJ Egg, what is wrong here? It doesn't need to register only an account - it needs to register a complete radio - why and for what?

I want only get the DNAS for a not public installation and so I created a new account with a fake-radio, with a fake-name, fake-adress, fake-phone, fake-birthday, fake-genres and fake-tags and all other required data *lol*. After that I got finally the chance to download the DNAS 2.5. *hurra*
I know Radionomy want people to stop using older Shoutcast software but its not going to happen while they require people to register to download the latest version of the DNAS.

A move like this will force people to stay using older versions such as the hugely popular v1.9.8,

Most users of older versions of SC don't generally care if their station is listed or not. They see it as why fix what isn't broken.

I certainly ain't registering for an account just so I can test something... Besides last time I tried the SC2 DNAS install on Ubuntu it went pear shaped.

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 05:11   #110
HarrisonIto

Where can we find binary for Raspberry?

I registered my station information at SHOUTcast official site and saw main download page.
But I cannot find out Raspberry version.

It shows only Linux 32/64bit and Windows 32/64bit codes.
Please let me know where can we get the binary for Raspbian.

HarrisonIto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 21:07   #111
eddr

Also waiting for the known issue to be resolved
eddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 05:31   #112
SodaWerks

DSP plug-in v2.3.5 to v2.4.7

Win7 64bit PRO, WinAmp 5.666 Build 3516, 128kbps streaming service, I upgraded (or thought I had) my SHOUTcast DSP plug from v2.3.5 to v2.4.7. I have been having WinAmp crashes that do not make sense. Then I noticed a v2.4.7 (64bit version) as well as a v2.5 64bit version. So installed the v2.4.7, it stated to simple run the .exe from a folder, I ran it, from c:\shoutcastDSP\v2.4.7 - it installed into c:\program files\shoutcast. per the documentation it was to override v2.3.5 but v2.3.5 is in the x86 folder. Either way, when I went into WinAmp\Preferences\DSP Plug the dll is not in the list. Now I can rollback either. I checked the c:\program files\shoutcast folder and notice there is no "plugins" folder and there are no .dll(s). so am trying to get my v2.3.5 plug in back, only WinAmp\Preferences\DSP no longer recognizes the .dll. Any suggestions help would be greatly appreciate. TIA, KDIV.
SodaWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 11:37   #113
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaWerks View Post
I upgraded (or thought I had) my SHOUTcast DSP plug from v2.3.5 to v2.4.7
DNAS is at version 2.4.7

DSP is at version 2.3.5

You have not updated your DSP to 2.4.7, because there is no such version of DSP

Old 3rd August 2016, 20:19   #114
dJivad

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post

---snip---

Its simply ridiculous, sorry!
I use DNAS for offline, private, unlisted services. I don't want to be in the SHOUTcast YP. There's no way for me to download now. (I'm on DNAS 2.4.7.256, but what about the talked about 2.5.0, or future updates?) I won't fill in "new station" details for my private use.
dJivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:19   #115
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
I have to agree the recent changes aren't good since they removed the third option which was run your own server and just get the YP listing. Now I am forced to connect to them for 'metrics' and ads which I am not going to run since Radionomy is just keeping the money. Haven't seen a penny out of them in over a year so sorry but not running your ads. And since one server hosted with them requires it I am shutting it down because to signal ads in that stream it now sets off all my servers which isn't happening.

1001. FM - Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 21:42   #116
Desavil

Can someone send a link to download the DNAS 2.4.7 (Linux / 64 bit) besause latest DNAS 2.5.1 is very unstable?
Desavil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 13:02   #117
Roger Hågensen

Shoutcast DNA bugs

Shoutcast DNA bug #1

Tested Shoutcast DNA 2.4.7 and 2.5.1 x86 (x64 not tested on either)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

If configuring mount 2 as a backup for mount 1 like this:

streambackupurl_1=127.0.0.1:8000/stream2

and mount 1 is v1 and mount 2 is v1 then the following error is logged:
"Backup source rejected. The bitrate does not match the original stream source - detected 96000bps instead of 96bps."

This bug is either fixed or no longer present in DNA v2.5.1.

Expected behaviour: That the server do not mistake 96kbps as being 96bps or mistake 96000bps as being 96000kbps.

Shoutcast DNA bug #2

Tested Shoutcast DNA 2.4.7 and 2.5.1 x86 (x64 not tested on either)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

If configuring mount 2 as a backup for mount 1 like this:
streambackupurl_1=127.0.0.1:8000/stream2

and the server has been started/restarted then the backup will not work unless mount 1 is connected (touched) by a source first.
Error: None shown in log
Expected behaviour: server always uses the backup if the mount has no source even at server startup/restart.
Roger Hågensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2017, 19:08   #118
CGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIto View Post
I registered my station information at SHOUTcast official site and saw main download page.
But I cannot find out Raspberry version.

It shows only Linux 32/64bit and Windows 32/64bit codes.
Please let me know where can we get the binary for Raspbian.

Same problem with HarrisonIto, wait for geting binary for Raspbian.
CGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions