Old 12th October 2015, 10:48   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
KOMODO X Touchscreen - v0.9 beta

F I N A L V E R S I O N R E L E A S E D ! !

Get it here >> http://victhor.deviantart.com/art/Ko...thor-577329475


Time to share it, I'm quite happy with the end result. Expect more to come!



Download and comments >>> Download v0.9
Download FIXED original 2009's skin >> Download at DeviantArt
........................................................................................................................................

v0.9 (22/10):
- MORE Visual Aids (8 total)
- New fonts all around
- Added buttons on Vis and Video pages to switch with each other
- Added Aerosnap support (RC > Options to enable -NOT RECOMMENDED on small resolutions like 1024x768px-)
- 1 extra button to test how it will work the set of bundled backgrounds
- OneDirectionText implemented where possible
- Fixed first 14 color themes and several missplaced gammagroups
- Fixed Seeker light




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To do list for the very next version:

Bigger buttons on Reader


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To do list for future version (some might do it to the final release):
- cPro Independent Reader (REALLY hard to achieve..)
- Bigger PL Search
- Specific buttons on external PL (maybe + PL Search too)
- Album cover as background option
- Scrollable row of Playlists auto switchers on PL+
- Option on RC to open cover image directly on default viewer (like in... Azenis?)
- Bigger EQ elements
- Alternate headers (i.e. android "long-shadows" style or specific Visual styles)
- Selection of Bgs cleaned and improved to used with the skin (more than 100 pics!!)


_____________________________________________________________
Credits: Background used in preview is from Behance, done by ZAKI Abdelmounim
Default image in current release is from the awesome Mike Winkelmann AKA Beeple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Komodo_Vanguard_v0.8_by_Victhor.png
Views:	323
Size:	639.2 KB
ID:	52028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Komodo_0.9.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	52044  
Attached Files
File Type: wal Komodo.wal (731.0 KB, 214 views)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 12:10   #2
djpete
Major Dude
 
djpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 945
looks great Victhor. Well done

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 15:47   #3
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Thank you so much for this beta, Victhor. You have another hit in the making. It's gets harder and harder to pick a favorite.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 16:20   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Thanks! Be sure to check the Right click - Visual aids if you need some graphics above the backgrounds when buttons are hard to see.
And any suggestion is welcome. About "bugs" on this one I already see here that my Next button got misplaced when hovering, will fix later. I'm adding "to do list" for better info..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 16:54   #5
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
This skin provides some new, different and useful, ways to view metadata. I hesitate to call "bugs", the issues I see now. Most are 'fit & finish' type stuff that I assume you just have not got around to yet. I'm still exploring and will hold off on listing what I see until the next release.

This will be a truly great skin when it is finished!

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 18:17   #6
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
I can't find the skin background pictures. They are not in the skin's wal file or the zip I downloaded from Deviant Art.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 04:05   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I can't find the skin background pictures. They are not in the skin's wal file or the zip I downloaded from Deviant Art.
Sorry, those are for the final release, have to do some work yet to credit some pictures. On the meantime check these guys :
https://www.behance.net/beeple
https://www.behance.net/gallery/21627737/Div-RenTest
https://www.behance.net/AspenExcel
http://crusader--arts.deviantart.com...2015-538202947
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rpi-32129530
https://www.behance.net/shotup77
https://www.behance.net/dionisiusk
https://www.behance.net/Teleo

Pretty cool you ask for it though, those pic will be an essential part on the final release..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:17   #8
zeroichi92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7
Hey there Victhor! In the final release, do you planning to put the option that enable people to choose to show the cover box and the cover box glare?
zeroichi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:21   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
I was toying with that at first and encountered several troubles with it so I ended up leaving it behind. But yeah, if I can figure it out my intention is to have that "advanced" Now playing (I even have a version PJN left me with a fix for the "non-centered cover", but it was buggy on cPro, maybe is better here... let's see)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 15:59   #10
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Sorry, those are for the final release, have to do some work yet to credit some pictures.
Ok, no problem. Although the caution in the read-me file and the post #4 comment above implied there would be some to play around with. I see that the "DESKTOP" option works and "CUSTOM:" opens a Windows folder search dialog. Does this mean that any image can be used in the meantime?

Most of the color themes change the coloring of the default background image or blank it out entirely. Is this intentional or 1 of the things that still needs fixing?

As to the "Visual aids", exactly what are we supposed to see? I don't see any changes when selecting any of the 3 options. Should tooltips be disabled?

Also, which "Next" button are you talking about? I don't see any obvious misplacement of any buttons on any of the panels I've looked at so far.

OT Note:
Did you know that your author's page on the 1001Skins site lists you as "Late skinner" instead of "Victhor"?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 16:44   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Ok, no problem. Although the caution in the read-me file and the post #4 comment above implied there would be some to play around with. I see that the "DESKTOP" option works and "CUSTOM:" opens a Windows folder search dialog. Does this mean that any image can be used in the meantime?
Exactly! That's the main charm of this skin! You can choose whatever picture you like. You can choose up to 10 bg that will be saved on the Config page (the 11th is lost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Most of the color themes change the coloring of the default background image or blank it out entirely. Is this intentional or 1 of the things that still needs fixing?
I wanted to make the background colored, but by the time being I could only make it to the "Default" and "Desktop" ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
As to the "Visual aids", exactly what are we supposed to see? I don't see any changes when selecting any of the 3 options. Should tooltips be disabled?
Nope, tooltips are unrelated, Visual aids are semi-transparent graphics placed behind buttons and the Playlist+ meant to make it view-able it when the background image makes it hard to see (like white on white, or black on black, see attach example). You should be seeing it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Also, which "Next" button are you talking about? I don't see any oblivious misplacement of any buttons on any of the panels I've looked at so far.
Was the "prev" button actualy heh..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Visual aids.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	52031  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 16:47   #12
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
OT Note:
Did you know that your author's page on the 1001Skins site lists you as "Late skinner" instead of "Victhor"?
Haha I've just note it, probably is because of the mods being made on the site. I'll tell Garet just in case.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 18:02   #13
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
What is the indicator to the right of the 'equalizer on' indicator on the title bar?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Exactly! That's the main charm of this skin! You can choose whatever picture you like. You can choose up to 10 bg that will be saved on the Config page (the 11th is lost).
Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
I wanted to make the background colored, but by the time being I could only make it to the "Default" and "Desktop" ones.
This coloring effect works well with some color themes (and images) and not so well with others, imo. Can you make this optional for all backgrounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Nope, tooltips are unrelated, Visual aids are semi-transparent graphics placed behind buttons and the Playlist+ meant to make it view-able it when the background image makes it hard to see (like white on white, or black on black, see attach example).
Ok, I see the effect now. Another color theme related thing (useful when more contrast is needed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Was the "prev" button actualy heh..
Yes, the "prev" arrowhead is not on the same vertical level as the "next" arrowhead. The difference is slight, and since they are not both visible at the same time, I only notice it now that you've pointed it out.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 18:15   #14
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
What is the indicator to the right of the 'equalizer on' indicator on the title bar?
Always on top state! (triggered by the buttons inside the top drawer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
This coloring effect works well with some color themes (and images) and not so well with others, imo. Can you make this optional for all backgrounds?
That's trickier, color theme support on bg will be limited on future versions, having only a set of "colorized backgrounds".
Currently you can bypass the coloring thing by selecting the same bg image as a Custom background on the Config page (you'll find the default one inside the skin's folder)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 21:20   #15
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Hi Victhor,

I really appreciate the work you've put in so far updating this skin. I have enjoyed using it for the past few days and instead of waiting for the next release, I've decided to mention some of the issues I'm having.

1. When the skin is first loaded, the seek bar runs in it's highlight mode (like when you point to it). After I point to it, it then runs normally for the remainder of the session.

2. The songticker scrolling option is enabled, but long song titles are truncated instead of scrolling on both the Now Playing and PL+ cover panels. I use a rather long custom ATF string, so this cuts off most of the title on the PL+ cover panel.

This is less of an issue when running the skin fullscreen. But fullscreen makes some of my artwork look bad (those with low resolution, 300x300 or less). I've been in the process of updating all of my low-res artwork to at least 600x600 (which looks good on my system with this skin in fullscreen mode). All my artwork is embedded in my audio files and I don't use the same image for all the songs in an album, so it is taking a while to find larger images and update all my audio files that need larger images.

3. The Playlist Editor opens in a side panel (which I like) and even-though the "show playlist search" option is enabled, I don't see the search bar.

Also when I switch the SUI to the media library panel, the Playlist Editor side panel closes (it stays open when switching to all the other SUI panels).

4. The artwork reflection(s) on the Now Playing and PL+ cover panels will randomly show the wrong or a corrupted image under the main artwork image after the next song in the playlist starts. It will show the reflected artwork image of the previous song or a corrupted image of current song's artwork.

This error will correct itself eventually (sometimes after a few more songs play and sometimes it takes several more). I can also correct this error if I force a redraw of either panel by switching to another SUI panel and then switching back. So I think this is caused by a timing issue somewhere that's associated with loading the artwork for the next song. Embedded artwork may be causing Winamp to take a little longer to load the images than it takes for separate external images.

I couldn't find the logic that controls the loading these reflected images. But just guessing for the Now Playing panel, I think the "lookagain.setDelay" in the AlbumArt.m (and related AlbumArt.maki) needs to be a little larger. In the Now Playing widget (for use with other cPro skins) it is set to "1000" (like it is in this skin) for cPro 1 version skins and "2000" for cPro 2 version skins. If this panel just needs a little more time to setup the images, maybe a delay value of "1500" will be large enough. I would try this myself, but I still don't know how to compile a 'maki' file.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 01:02   #16
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Good, thanks for the thoughtful feddback, let's go bit by bit:

1. Can't see it, maybe it's a plugin on your side remembering song position? Without a plugin I can't have the seekbar ON because there isn't any song playing..

2. Expected, I haven't got my head around this, wanted to implemented for most songs names but ended up badly, it even has the same issue as my cProXUI Unity (opposite options shows like enabled at the same time). Will solve it out eventually or discard the option..

3. On my to do list
Quote:
- Custom buttons (add / rem / misc) on external PL (maybe + PL Search too)
3a. Maybe I won't be able to solve this, it requires high knowledge of window-holders management I don't have and my shouts for help didn't get any reply... =/

4. Noticed. Probably the only pre-existing script I didn't tweaked somehow, I'll look into it with your hints, but something tells me it won't be that easy to solve.. the original skin was crafted among Quadhelix and Leechbite, 2 of the best minds around Modern Winamp skinning of all time, and if they didn't figured it out then..
The good thing is that modern PCs are more powerful now than when the skin was originally released*, so maybe there is a little chance to find a workaround.

* I revived this skin partly because I think it was ahead of its time, the kind of features it has are more manageable with today's PCs (even touchscreen). I always got it on my backups but never used it because of how laggy it was. Until I changed my PC..
Anyway, the skin can still perform roughly under some circumstances, and I don't think I will be able to solve some of the issues with the cover handling on the Cover-flow (which, according to what I talked about with DrO some time ago, may be actually related to Winamp's handling of the embedded cover, so there is little we can do). But I'll do my best .

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 19:18   #17
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Hi Victhor,

I tried to reply, but got too wordy and took too long (lost the token, so lost the post). No more time today, will provide a shorter reply tomorrow.

I know you're doing your best, without support from a programmer. You're doing a great job, imo.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 04:35   #18
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Hold your breath a bit, I'll compile a new version and I'd like you to test it and see if the Album Art redrawing improves a bit. It will be erratic still, but noticeably less I hope.
Your advise was actually good 'cause it made me look into the AlbumArt script which I didn't modified, but I realized that I accidentally replaced it with the one used by cPro*, so I switch back to the original -which was made specifically for this skin-, so it may be a best fit.

*While doing some experiments on implementing the whole cPro2 engine into the skin, which I actually succeeded (the ML + PL you see now is the result of those experiments) and will be the next release after this one, for your using pleasure I believe .

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 21:19   #19
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
V0.9 uploaded on the original link, please re-download!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 23:07   #20
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Hi Victhor,

I had never used the original skin, so I didn't know what to expect from your update. I was going by the bullet points you provided on Deviant Art and my intuition. By the way, Ctrl + click on the top left corner menu button to open the current track folder doesn't work. A right click on this button does open the current track folder.

Here's what I see in beta v0.9:

Fixed/Improved
1. Popup Notifications are a lot better. The bottom edge of a track's artwork is no longer cut off and the status notification graphics look better.

2. Bottom buttons on the Playlist Editor side panel look better. But, I do miss the status info that was at the bottom of this panel on other skins (i.e. playtime of current track / total playtime for all tracks in the listing)

3. Racing light in the seek bar looks better.

Broken/Removed
1. The last letter in the "Now Playing" panel selection switch label is partially clipped.

2. The songticker scrolling options are gone. Is this temporary or have you decided to give up on trying to get this to work? Also, I was not able to get a checkmark on both the enable and disable options at the same time in v0.8.

3. The context menu for the "Now Playing" panel's artwork now lists a "Get Album Art" command which should be removed, since Winamp no longer supports this feature.

4. The radio graphic is no longer displayed when listening to internet stations. Is this temporary (while trying to get the reflected artwork issue fixed)? In v0.8 the radio graphic was shown as the main artwork and the no cover graphic was shown as the reflected artwork. Now the artwork not found graphic is shown in both locations

No Change
1. The arrowheads for switching SUI panels still appear to not be aligned.

2. The highlight mode is active for the seek bar when playing songs after starting a new session, or after switching to another skin and back while a song is playing. I described this poorly before. It's like pointing to the playback controls. They get brighter while pointing at them (highlight mode) and return to a dimmer level when not pointing at them. The seek bar works the same way, except for when the skin first loads. Try letting a song play about a minute to see what the color level of the seek bar is, then point to the seek bar and the color level should not change until you point away from it. Then whenever pointing to it again (while a song is playing or paused), the color level changes to the initial brighter level and returns to a dimmer level when pointing away.

3. The frequency of getting wrong or corrupt reflected artwork on the Now Playing and PL+ panels is about the same on my system. This feature works perfectly in the Now Playing widget, so there's no logical reason for it not to work in this skin. I see that delay timers are placed in the "system.onScriptLoaded()" sections of the widget's "albumart" and "now playing" scripts. Maybe this allows more time for the "XUIGroup.findObject" commands to finish executing before the "system.onScriptUnloading()" commands are processed. I also see a "AlbumArt2.onAlbumArtLoaded(boolean success)" section in the widget's "now playing" script. This appears to be a further check that the "XUIGroup.findObject("main.albumart.reflection")" command finished executing.

Reflected artwork is a great entertainment feature when it works, otherwise it's just a distraction (especially in fullscreen mode). This is the only thing keeping me from making this my everyday skin. It has the best collection of usability and entertainment features I've seen so far. I'm willing to do whatever I can to help fix this issue. I can take a shot at editing the scripts for the Now Playing panel, but you would have to do the re-compile. If my 'time delays' idea works, then the delay timers in the "covershow" script may just need larger values in order to 'fix' the PL+ panel.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 00:09   #21
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Ey, thanks for the words and deep testing, luckily I've already overcome some (most?) of what you're pointing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I had never used the original skin, so I didn't know what to expect from your update.
That reminded me to upload the skin on the OP, like I intended. Check it out in a few minutes to see how different it is in some aspects..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Ctrl + click on the top left corner menu button to open the current track folder doesn't work. A right click on this button does open the current track folder.
My bad, that Ctrl. + click is a behaviour of another button (which one? Lol), not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
2. Bottom buttons on the Playlist Editor side panel look better. But, I do miss the status info that was at the bottom of this panel on other skins..
Implemented on my current build (see attach), cPro lovers will love it =).

Broken/Removed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
1. The last letter in the "Now Playing" panel selection switch label is partially clipped.
Can't see it, maybe you have "Use alternate fonts" disabled? (Winamp prefs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
2. The songticker scrolling options are gone. Is this temporary or have you decided to give up on trying to get this to work?
That option was never meant to be there, the script is not in use actually. I'm not a tidy designer so I usually work in a mess, that translate to this kind of stuff hehe. Instead I use now the OneDirectionText, which moves EVERY TIME the text is larger than the container (tried to set an option to disable it, but can't find it yet..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
3. The context menu for the "Now Playing" panel's artwork now lists a "Get Album Art"..
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
4. The radio graphic is no longer displayed
Fixed.

No Change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
1. The arrowheads for switching SUI panels still appear to not be aligned.
You mean between the hover and the pressed states? Or between right and left arrows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
2. The highlight mode is active for the seek bar when playing songs after starting a new session, or after switching to another skin and back while a song is playing..
Yeah, I finally saw what you meant here, but can't find the reason of it. It could be something simple, I think I'll finally solve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Reflected artwork is a great entertainment feature when it works, otherwise it's just a distraction
In the skin's folder (if you extracted it) you can disable the reflection by editing: overrides.xml. Uncomment "<!--sendparams target="cover.show" noreflection="1"/-->" (by removing "!--" and "--") and save. Maybe it's a useful workaround in the meantime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
..I'm willing to do whatever I can to help fix this issue. I can take a shot at editing the scripts for the Now Playing panel..
The issue is not there, I ran a few tests and researchs and found out the troubling part is the layerfx thing (on covershow.m), the same behaviour we're seeing was already pointed out almost a decade ago (on this thread). Seems like we hit a dead end here... but maybe there is light at the end of the road and it can be fixed in the next version of Winamp..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	komodov9.1.png
Views:	184
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	52051  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 02:56   #22
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
My bad, that Ctrl. + click is a behaviour of another button (which one? Lol), not this one.
Ctrl + click can be used on the playback controls for various things. Is that what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Can't see it, maybe you have "Use alternate fonts" disabled? (Winamp prefs).
That didn't make a difference. There are a number of options on the Skins - Modern Skins - Font Rendering tab. Can you post a screenshot of how they should be configured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Instead I use now the OneDirectionText, which moves EVERY TIME the text is larger than the container (tried to set an option to disable it, but can't find it yet..)
You mean on your working version, not v0.9, right? My long titles are being truncated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
You mean between the hover and the pressed states? Or between right and left arrows?
Between the right and left arrows when hovering. What I thought we were talking about in posts #10 and #11 above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
In the skin's folder (if you extracted it) you can disable the reflection by editing: overrides.xml. Uncomment "<!--sendparams target="cover.show" noreflection="1"/-->" (by removing "!--" and "--") and save. Maybe it's a useful workaround in the meantime..
That disables reflections on the PL+ panel. Is there a similar simple way to do so for the Now Playing panel?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 04:10   #23
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Ctrl + click can be used on the playback controls for various things. Is that what you mean?
Yes, but it was not implemented on this skin, those are from cPro, that's why I got confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
That didn't make a difference. There are a number of options on the Skins - Modern Skins - Font Rendering tab. Can you post a screenshot of how they should be configured?
See attach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
You mean on your working version, not v0.9, right? My long titles are being truncated.
On v0.9, but just on the PL+ page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Between the right and left arrows when hovering
Ah ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
That disables reflections on the PL+ panel. Is there a similar simple way to do so for the Now Playing panel?
Yep, same file, "<!--sendparams target="sc.nowplaying" noreflection="1"/-->" line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winamp Preferences.png
Views:	346
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	52052  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 04:59   #24
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
I configured the Font Rendering tab as shown in your screenshot and still no difference (see attachment below). I don't have the Antipasto and Annifont fonts on my system, but that should not matter.

I see the oneway scrolling of long strings on the PL+ list panel, but not on the PL+ cover panel. Those scrolling strings are from metadata tags. The top string on the PL+ cover panel is the ATF string used in the Playlist Editor (made up of multiple tags, see 2nd attachment). What color theme is that on the attachment in post #21? I don't seem to have that one.

I'll have to live without the reflected artwork for the time being. I don't understand how the Now Playing widget gets it to work, since it uses the same layerfx technique. But cie la vie.


Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	52053

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	52054

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 07:42   #25
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I configured the Font Rendering tab as shown in your screenshot and still no difference (see attachment below).
Strange... can you check on the skin's folder if you have the following files?:
swis721bdcn_bt.ttf
swis721ltcn_bt.ttf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I don't have the Antipasto and Annifont fonts on my system, but that should not matter.
Nope, that doesn't matter, those are just ugly fonts I use to identify inmediately when I have a missing font used by a skin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I see the oneway scrolling of long strings on the PL+ list panel, but not on the PL+ cover panel.
It was never meant to be there.. (not a bad idea, but it's not doable for the time being..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
What color theme is that on the attachment in post #21? I don't seem to have that one.
It is there, it's the second one ("*Charlie Aufmann // Reccosend colors") with the default bg #02 (see attach to find how to activate it, that will be the way to activate the colored wallpapers, in this case is just a 1 color jpg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I don't understand how the Now Playing widget gets it to work, since it uses the same layerfx technique.
Simple, it's not the same (for the Winamp skinning engine) to apply effects to 1 layer at a time than to do it with 7 layers at the same time... =/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	komodo2ndbg.png
Views:	150
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	52055  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 17:05   #26
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Strange... can you check on the skin's folder if you have the following files?:
swis721bdcn_bt.ttf
swis721ltcn_bt.ttf
Yes, they are the only fonts in the folder. As you know, the previous version has more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
It is there, it's the second one ("*Charlie Aufmann // Reccosend colors") with the default bg #02 (see attach to find how to activate it, that will be the way to activate the colored wallpapers, in this case is just a 1 color jpg)
Yes, it is there. There are so many, I missed it cycling thru them too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Simple, it's not the same (for the Winamp skinning engine) to apply effects to 1 layer at a time than to do it with 7 layers at the same time... =/
Thank you for that explanation, it eases my mind. There is usually a logical reason for most programming issues. In this case, the problem must be solved in the Winamp code. I've spent a lot of time over the last few days pondering this issue. I didn't come up with any solutions, but I learned a lot in the process.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 20:20   #27
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Hi Victhor,

Is it possible that the file (script) that controls the skin's fonts in your working version and in the released v0.9 are not the same? Maybe the specified font sizes are different.

If you look closely at the label "Config" in your screenshot in post #21 and in my screenshot in post #24, the fonts' letters appear to be slightly different. To me all the labels look slightly different, but it's easier to see in "Config". I guess that could also be the result of us using different displays and/or different Windows truetype display settings to enhance readability (I did use the utility that Windows 7 provides, years ago when I first installed it).

The Playlist Editor's fonts and sizes are different because I use the Winamp options to select the font used by the editor and the media library panels (in this case, Verdana size 14).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 23:25   #28
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)
 
garetjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 2,317
Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
So, I am looking @ this skin and I haven't yet come across how I can be of assistance...what specifically are the pain points...

I'm pretty good with maki; not great mind you but good enough to figure my way out of a problem or two.


If you can identify what you want, how you'd like it triggered and where it is supposed to after it has been run.


1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 23:34   #29
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Ey! Don't worry, I've just figured out the most important and the other I've told that are kinda hard to solve. Just for you to know what I wanted:

- Independent Web Reader -so it doesn't retrieve the providers from a cPro install- (FIXED)
- Prevent ML / PL from closing when triggered through RC when already on view / on that page (you can see a message I left there for when it happens).
- Improve album art reflection on Coverflow (uses layer_fx, which is the origin of the problem and can't be fixed I've been told). If you scroll it for a little while (with the mouse wheel or dragging) you'll notice the weird-wrong-effects..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2015, 01:29   #30
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)
 
garetjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 2,317
Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
The Album Covert Art
- Why use the layerfx maki at all? Could you not just invert the layer and set opacity as well as use your beat detection to trigger an animation on the cover art????

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2015, 02:23   #31
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
It's how it's done originally, I wouldn't do anything nearly close to it since I don't have the knowledge. But I'm confident that there were A LOT of reasons to use the method they used (SkinConsortium), in fact I bet it can't be done in any other way.
So you say there is a way to flip cover 180 degrees and apply gradual transparency dinamically without using layerfx? How would that code be? (approximately)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 16:38   #32
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Is it possible that the file (script) that controls the skin's fonts in your working version and in the released v0.9 are not the same? Maybe the specified font sizes are different..
I noticed this same behaviour in a recent clean install I did, looks like the font is not being read properly (I suspect of something I did).
On the skin's folder, try to replace "swis721ltcn_bt.ttf" with the font file attached. And let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip swis721ltcn_bt.zip (23.6 KB, 90 views)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 04:42   #33
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
The replacement font did the trick!

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 09:10   #34
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
I know why the Playlist Editor side panel closes when switching to the media library panel in the SUI. The library panel has a Playlist Editor sub-panel and the playlist can only be displayed in 1 panel at a time.

You said (in the What's New text file and on Deviant Art) that the library panel had a playlist (with a search box) on the right side, but I didn't see it until today. I had seen the 2-headed arrow that controls the opening and closing of the playlist sub-panel, but I didn't drag it far enough to make it work until today. This panel also has the track/list playtime info at the bottom.

I had asked about this in issue #3 of post #15 above and your answer #3a in post #16 shows that you probably didn't fully understand what I was talking about.

I have another issue that could be also be due to my misuse of the skin. I can't get the panel to open that allows the fade in, stay, and fade out times for the notification pop-up to be selected. When I right click on the notification, it closes immediately and the time control panel doesn't open. What am I doing wrong?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 15:06   #35
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I had asked about this in issue #3 of post #15 above and your answer #3a in post #16 shows that you probably didn't fully understand what I was talking about.
Probably, I wasn't expecting you didn't see the SUI-like PL. The original skin didn't have it, but since I increased the minimum skin's size, I thought it would make better sense to have it like that for use in small resolutions.
That said, you'll notice there's an issue when using that ML + PL and deactivating it from Right-click or the PL bottom button.. I think that downside will make it to the end release..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I have another issue that could be also be due to my misuse of the skin. I can't get the panel to open that allows the fade in, stay, and fade out times for the notification pop-up to be selected. When I right click on the notification, it closes immediately and the time control panel doesn't open.
Indeed, you can't access that menu from there because:
- I used the cPro2 and there is a strong Bug in the last build where the right menu would crash winamp if the notifier disappears with the menu still visible. So I disable the menu there to avoid that bug. You can still access that menu by going to Main menu > Options > Komodo notifications > Fade and stay time..
- I like to have a fast way to discard a notification. Windows has an increasingly use of notifications (following mobile style) so I'm always using the "RC discard shortcut" (which most use, but not all). And this cold be even more useful on this skin due to the noticeable increment on its size..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 16:51   #36
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
That said, you'll notice there's an issue when using that ML + PL and deactivating it from Right-click or the PL bottom button.. I think that downside will make it to the end release..
Ok, we just will not deactivate it in those ways. I missed seeing the panel because I wasn't expecting to have to drag the control so far to get the panel to start opening. Maybe it's related to the skin's touchscreen ability. I assume that needs a larger response area than what's needed for a mouse pointer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
You can still access that menu by going to Main menu > Options > Komodo notifications > Fade and stay time..
- I like to have a fast way to discard a notification. Windows has an increasingly use of notifications (following mobile style) so I'm always using the "RC discard shortcut" (which most use, but not all). And this cold be even more useful on this skin due to the noticeable increment on its size..
The wording of that option is misleading, "Fade and stay time (Right-click on notifier)". I just now clicked on it anyway and the timing selection panel opened. The wording here needs to be changed.

Your use of the right-click to discard the notifier makes sense for this skin.


EDIT:
I'm using the latest cPro 2 plug-in and I'm able to have the right-click timing panel stay open (with the XUI Unity ECNMY skin) after the notifier closes without Winamp crashing. Maybe because I'm using rather long timings (2.5 sec fade in and out and 7.5 sec stay).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 21:10   #37
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
More on the notifier right-click timing panel on skins that support it:

I'm using cPro v2.02 beta 2. When I change 1 of the timing options on the panel, it closes and the notifier re-opens. I can then right-click again if I want to change another timing option. The panel stays open until the next song starts, if I don't click on anything.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 16:27   #38
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
The wording of that option is misleading, "Fade and stay time (Right-click on notifier)".
Truth, will change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
When I change 1 of the timing options on the panel, it closes and the notifier re-opens. I can then right-click again if I want to change another timing option. The panel stays open until the next song starts, if I don't click on anything.
Can´t reproduce it (not even mixing accesing ways between Main menu and Notifier menu.. anyway, this sort of things -so cPro2-related- are out of my hand to fix, it's all Pieter's stuff (not in touch with him since last year or so), at least for an "official" release. What I could do would always be unnoficial and amateur-ish, and more of a patch than an actual fix. So don't hold your breath on this hehe..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 17:26   #39
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Can´t reproduce it (not even mixing accesing ways between Main menu and Notifier menu.. anyway, this sort of things -so cPro2-related- are out of my hand to fix, it's all Pieter's stuff (not in touch with him since last year or so), at least for an "official" release. What I could do would always be unnoficial and amateur-ish, and more of a patch than an actual fix. So don't hold your breath on this hehe..
I'm fine with opening this panel thru the main context menu option (for cPro skins that don't support a notifier context menu). I was just letting you know what I'm seeing.

I guess it's to be expected that there are different reactions given all the possible combinations of Winamp plug-ins and settings. However, crashes (for whatever reason) should be prevented whenever possible. You should continue to disable stuff that causes crashes on your system, imo.

I hope Pieter hasn't abandoned us, hopefully he's just waiting for a Radionomy release. I will greatly miss cPro, if I have to stop using it 'down the road'.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 19:40   #40
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,612
One last idea about the notifier context menu on the XUI Unity ECNMY skin. I have the notifier located at the top center of my screen. On my computer, the context menu opens below and to the right of the notifier. If your notifier is in the lower right corner of your screen (the default location), maybe the context menu is being drawn off screen or not drawn because it would be off screen.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
cpro, cpro2, cproxui, komodo, winamp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump