Old 5th November 2015, 18:55   #41
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
On my computer, the context menu opens below and to the right of the notifier...
.."of the notifier"? It shouldn't work that way, it should open -on most cases- to the right of your click. And it's properly relocated to the left when I click near the right edge, maybe you have something interfering there? (should I move these last posts to the ECNMY skins or is related to this but I just can't see how?)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 19:11   #42
Aminifu
Forum King

Common terms is always an issue. I'm talking about the pop-up that shows info about the songs when they start playback. We have already spent too much time on this. I have ways to adjust the timing associated with this pop-up that work and that's all that's really important.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 19:25   #43
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Indeed. Anyway, the next Unity/ECNMY release will have some sort of fix to the Notifier crash, being a local implementation or a fix for all cPro2 skins (using the script Pieter patched/fixed but I'm not sure he shared..).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 5th November 2015, 19:58   #44
Aminifu
Forum King

I'm not having any Notifier crashes, so maybe Pieter did provide something. It would have been some time ago and it will take me awhile to dig thru stuff to find out.

Edit:
Didn't take as long as I thought it would. The attached file I got a little over a year ago.

script.7z

Old 6th November 2015, 17:33   #45
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

More info on the Notifier Crash fix:

ChiggyChiggy posted about the problem in July, 2014 (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=378834). You let Pieter know and he posted a fix in post #23 of that thread and explained the reason for the crash to DrO in post #25.

At the time, Pieter said he was going to put the fix in cPro v2.03. Alas, we haven't got there yet. It had totally slipped my mind that cPro v2.02 beta 2 is over 2 years old!

Old 7th November 2015, 00:19   #46
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yeah, remembered something like that, I have a cPro build done after that which fixed that, the auto-center NP cover and some other small stuff (can't remember what). It turned out to have some big bugs due to these changes so we refrain from releasing it. But the notifier files were ready to go, so I think I will publish it so at least the advanced users can benefit from it.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th November 2015, 14:14   #47
Aminifu
Forum King

Except for the library panel, Komodo doesn't start a new session with the panel that was active when the previous session was shutdown. Even with the library panel, the NP panel is displayed first before switching to the library panel. Will this be how it will work or is this part of the stuff that is still being worked on?

Old 7th November 2015, 14:32   #48
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

It'll be like that, sorry. This was one of the reasons that made want to improve the skin, originally open it up almost always on the NP page was more annoying since you had to scroll through pages until finding the needed one, now at least there is a direct access to each page (1 click VS. 3+ clicks).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th November 2015, 15:13   #49
Aminifu
Forum King

A couple of ideas for a future version.

1. Display (or highlight) the name of the active playlist on the PL + list panel.

2. An option to associate a particular background with each panel (allowing the background to automatically change with a panel change).

Old 8th November 2015, 23:36   #50
Aminifu
Forum King

Except for "Good ol' black n' blue", the other 6 color themes in the "Good ol' black n' *" group have color errors in at least 3 areas.

1. The title bar of the SUI
2. The title bar of the separate Playlist Editor window
3. The song title, artist/album artist, album title, and year on the NP panel

Old 24th July 2016, 14:19   #51
Tovenaar

Hi Victhor,

I'm new to WinAmp and use your skin with great pleasure.
Though the font doesn't seem to be the right size but I can't replace the .ttf file as you described here..

Strangely enough I can't find it in the skins folder. There isn't even a seperate folder visible for this skin. It is definitly installed though!

Here's are screenshots of the skins folder and Winamp attached.

Thanks,
Tovenaar

(Microsoft Surface 3)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	111
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	52488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (7).png
Views:	117
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	52489  
Tovenaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 15:26   #52
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hi Tovenaar, thanks! You need to unzip the skin, here's how (copy / pasted from somewhere else within the skin heh..) :

1. Switch current Winamp skin to something else other than "Komodo X Touchscreen"
2. Go to you skins folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins") and locate the skin file (Komodo_X_Touchscreen_by_Victhor.wal)
3. Rename the file to .zip (*)
4. Extract to " Komodo X Trouchscreen by Victhor" or similar
5. That's it! You can return to Winamp, select the skin again and enjoy Advanced features (like changing font files XD).

PS: It is recommended to rename or delete the wal/zip file so you know when you're using the folder-skin.
PS2: You may need to have administrator privileges to edit this folder (as with anything involving editing files & folders inside Program Files folder).

(*) If you have 7-Zip installed (www.7-zip.org), you don't need to rename the file, you can just Right click the .wal file and select 7-Zip > extract to "Komodo_X_Touchscreen_by_Victhor\".

----—-----------------

Winamp also has a Fonts section / option but it doesn't always work as expected and I kinda prefer you to inspect the skin files, you'll enjoy the skin even more that way =) .

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th July 2016, 15:35   #53
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovenaar View Post

Strangely enough I can't find it in the skins folder. There isn't even a seperate folder visible for this skin. It is definitly installed though!

Do you know how to work with archive files like zip and rar?

Winamp skins are packaged in various ways. Some are installed in a main folder with sub-folders and some (like this one) are in a single archive file, that Winamp expands into temp folders when the skin is selected.

If you want this skin in a main folder with sub-folders, you have to expand the archive and put it's files and sub-folders into the Winamp skins sub-folder yourself. This will let you change or replace files (like the font file) in the skin.

Old 24th July 2016, 19:06   #54
Tovenaar

Hello guys,

Thank you so much for the quick replies.
I've managed to extract the archive and replace the Truetype file, after that selecting the Komodo X Touchscreen didn't work, it brought me the default skin but after a PC restart it got selected properly. But.. unfortunately, still a small font in the skin... :/ (like in the screenshot in previous post).

If I get this fixed than that would be awesome!
Is there something else to try?

Greetings,
Tovenaar
Old 24th July 2016, 21:16   #55
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Which one do you want to replace? The bottom fonts where it reads "Config", "Now Playing", etc? Or the bigger ones above? (Song name, artist, etc)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th July 2016, 21:35   #56
Tovenaar

The bottom ones: config, now playing, library etc. And the play controls if possible.
In the picture of your original post they are way bigger.

The above ones are good.

Thanks!
Old 24th July 2016, 21:53   #57
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Here, replace this XMLs in your KOMODO X folder with the ones attached:

player-normal.xml in engine \ xml

and

customButton.xml in engine \ xui \ customButton

It's not that much bigger but is as far it can go without being cutted out when using the skin at a minimum size. I can make it bigger, but not much before reaching some limit above (ML and PL+ pages would overlap) or at sides (not really noticeable if you use the skin always at fullscreen).
Attached Files
File Type: xml customButton.xml (4.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: xml player-normal.xml (71.6 KB, 91 views)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th July 2016, 22:33   #58
Tovenaar

Hey, thanks for your trouble Victhor,

It's a lot better for use on my touchscreen now.
I'm gonna use it every day

Keep up the great work, you've made one dutch dude very, very happy!
Peace,
Tovenaar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (8).png
Views:	116
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	52494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (9).png
Views:	114
Size:	788.7 KB
ID:	52495  
Old 10th March 2017, 16:38   #59
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

Randomly I'm seeing 1 or more invalid extra characters in 1 or more of the strings for the song title, album name, and/or artist name on the Playlist + List panel. This happens if 1 or more of these strings need to scroll or not.

If I momentarily switch to the previous or next song in the playlist and back when this occurs, the invalid extra characters in the affected strings go away. I've also noticed that when I do this switching to force a correction, it takes awhile for the corruption to start again with subsequent songs. Sometimes I'm able to play all the remaining songs in a playlist without the corruption reoccurring. If I don't force a correction, the corruption of 1 or more of the file info strings occurs more frequently with subsequent songs.

Have you been seeing this? I've installed the v2.03 beta for ClassicPro. It is supposed to have fixed the "Jibirish in File Info statusbar (Winamp bug)". I don't know if this statusbar bug and what I'm seeing on the Playlist + List panel is related.

On another topic: You mentioned awhile back (when we were discussing the Quinto Black CT skin) that you were working on updates for this skin. Any ETA on when these updates may be released?

Old 10th March 2017, 19:09   #60
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

The cPro beta update is not directly related with this skin since I implemented scripts separately so the skin doesn't need the cPro plugin (yes, you can use it without cPro). Downside is that newer fixes / improvements are not directly applied when updating cPro. I have to implement it manually.

So, answering your question too, I'll update the skin to fix the jibberish text and a couple of extra bugs too. I know I said I will before but that got frozen due to 1) my impossibility to fix the main issue (random crash when clearing and re-adding tracks) and 2) my work on Winamp 5.8... And 3) my work on Modern Bento skin.. And 4) general lack of time and motivation due to current Winamp state..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 11th March 2017, 03:30   #61
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post

So, answering your question too, I'll update the skin to fix the jibberish text and a couple of extra bugs too. I know I said I will before but that got frozen due to 1) my impossibility to fix the main issue (random crash when clearing and re-adding tracks) and 2) my work on Winamp 5.8... And 3) my work on Modern Bento skin.. And 4) general lack of time and motivation due to current Winamp state..
Ok, I understand and will be patient. I expect you will get to it, if and when you can.

Can you explain issue 1 a little more? I have not been seeing that.

Old 14th March 2017, 14:26   #62
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself never have tried to add or remove tracks from a current playlist while I have played music in KOMODO X Touchscreen - v0.9 beta or in the final version of KOMODO X Touchscreen, but I have heard, that some users have experienced a crash of Winamp when they have tried to do that.

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
cpro, cpro2, cproxui, komodo, winamp